Start by marking “Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Three” as Want to Read:
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Three

Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Three (Hot Summer Days)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  327 ratings  ·  25 reviews
This free ebook is volume three in a collection of short stories celebrating love, sex and romance between men. It is a product of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group Hot Summer Days event and features original stories from 27 authors; if you like what you read, come join our group!

Use the green download button below and choose from PDF, Mobi/Kindle, Epub and Html/Zip format...more
Published 2011 by M/M Romance Group

To ask other readers questions about Don't Read in the Closet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Read in the Closet

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
215th out of 503 books — 979 voters
Hell Cop by Astrid AmaraSindustry by Anne ReganIrregulars by Nicole KimberlingLove Ahead by Madeleine UrbanMen Under the Mistletoe by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Anthologies
50th out of 178 books — 178 voters

More lists with this book...

JenMcJ
Now for Volume 3 of the compiled stories from the Hot Summer Days event. The volume represents days 19 through 25.

As a co-moderator for the M/M Romance Group that pulled this event off with the help of our incredibly generous authors and members I have nothing but praise for all the efforts in this anthology.

I think anyone with a positive interest in the m/m genre would be hard pressed to find anything missing from any of the first three volumes, however, if you do, hang on. There is still one...more
Lauren
Once again, I can't stress enough how amazing the authors and organisers of the Hot Summer Days event are. This anthology, like the two before it, is fabulous and I'm so pleased to have found out about some great new authors through this event too. There's something for everyone here, with some absolute gems.
Hannah
My favorite stories in this volume were...

"Spinner" by Ryssa Edwards - An interesting story about an ex-Marine who finds love in an unlikely setting. The most intriguing thing about this story, to me, was the main character's determination to be brutally honest with himself and others after years of living a lie. He seems so much more afraid of himself than any other obstacle he faces in this story.

"Jungle Heat" by Rachel Haimowitz - I should probably feel bad about enjoying this story, which fe...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions

Plug And Engage by Valentina Heart – 5 Stars My Review

Sink Or Swim by Lissa Kasey & Xara X. Xanakas – 2 Stars My Review

Croco...more
Adara
Again, some more excellent stories by wonderful authors. Some of my favorites in this one are Damon Suede's Seedy Business (about Beirn, the brother of Ox from Grown Men), Missy Welsh's You and a Billion Blue Tiles, Cooper West's Henri's War (a Casablanca remix (view spoiler)), Ryssa Edwards's Spinner, and Tia Fielding's Hawk's Sparrow. Just to name a few. =)
Patricia
The stories that I enjoyed the most :)

Spinner by Ryssa Edwards
What I thought:
This was a nice little story, very sexy and I liked how everything felt very sober and hard. The softeness came through in the end and I loved the protagonist. I kind of wanted to give him a hug ♥ sweet, when I didn't expect it to be :)

Seedy Business by Damon Suede
What I thought:
Oh. This was so, so, wicked, in the true mischevious sense of the word you know? Loved reading this one and you'l be pleased to know that you...more
Kate Aaron

Say A Little Prayer by Clare London – ,

Free To Fly by Belinda McBride – ,

Lucky Boy b...more
Caroline Åsgård
Oh man, I've read three of these! Since the first one was the 2011 special edition, a bunch of the stories in this and book two I had already read - But honestly that was a relief, since this is 800 pages.
I enjoyed most of the stories, and several of them are super cute and lovely. So if you like gay romances, you should absolutely read this!
Though I think I'm done with these for now - Time to read other stuff.

(Also moving from Norway to USA to work very soon, so I don't have much time for readi...more
NannyOgg *Inarut*
Summer Michaels – LUCKY BOY - 3
Bran Mydwynter – FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE - 3
Cher...more
Anna Quiroz
I didn't find a lot of stories interesting in this volume. One of my favorite stories is in this volume. (You And Billion Blue Tiles by Missy Welsh). I also recommend His Last Resort by Devon Rhodes. It's one of the few that sort of tackles homophobia and it's also pretty hot. :)
Guddovasava
Tamela
I read through most of the stories during the actual posting, but this is so great that all these fantastic stories are in one location... ONE MY KINDLE. I loved this as I found many new authors I'm trying out and enjoying my favorites. Thanks and can't wait for the next author's choice like this one.
Aniko
Mar 20, 2014 Aniko marked it as to-read
Shelves: ibooks
Crocodile Undies by AJ Llewellyn - couldn't finish due to the unrealistic portrayal of Australians using every stereotypical cliche in the book.

I haven't read the rest of the stories, but I plan on doing so.

Stories that appear in the GRL 2011 Special Edition are rated on that review....more
Fairy / Anna
An enjoyable mixture of short stories. Different themes, different authors, but they have one thing common. It's all about love.
M/M romance stories, some better, some slightly worse. For free? Why not.
Although I have to admit, I liked the first volume much better.
Melanie~~
Five Star rating because of all the amazing effort from all involved (letter writers, writers, moderators, betas, copy editors, editors, and grunts) to produces this/these amazing stories and anthologies.

Thank you!
Brenda Cothern
Katy Beth Mckee
Another great mix of M/M stories and at the price can't be beat that's for sure. I did break reading of this book with reading some other books and that made it really easy to enjoy.
Beckey
A collection of M/M erotica short stories...
Quite an interesting & enjoyable collection and collaboration amongst all the different authors!!!
Audra
Feb 09, 2012 Audra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Audra by: M/M Romance Group
A little something for everyone. I loved the variety.
♡  SEXY ♡
These stories are all just teases! Ag.
Emily
loving the stories in this book
Helen Peter
Love all the stories.
Jacqueline Mcmahon
Jacqueline Mcmahon marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Turtlezen42
Turtlezen42 marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Isilay
Isilay marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Toby
Toby marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
  • Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty
  • Freedom's Souvenir
  • Starting Over
  • British Flash: A revealing collection of short LGBT fiction

Damon Suede grew up out-n-proud deep in the anus of right-wing America, and escaped as soon as it was legal. He has lived all over and along the way, he’s earned his crust as a model, a messenger, a promoter, a programmer, a sculptor, a singer, a stripper, a bookkeeper, a bartender, a techie, a teacher, a director... but writing has ever been his bread and butter. He has been happily partnered for

More about Damon Suede...
Hot Head (Head, #1) Bad Idea (Itch #1) Grown Men (HardCell, #1) Seedy Business (HardCell, #0.5) Horn Gate