Start by marking “Sweet so Fragile” as Want to Read:
Sweet so Fragile

Sweet so Fragile

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  16 reviews
During a robbery, Jace Sullivan's wife, Cari, was murdered. If that wasn't bad enough, she was seven months pregnant when it happened. Though medics were able to save the child, the unfavorable circumstances behind the premature delivery has left baby Colton with severe health issues. Now, while trying to pick up the pieces of his own shattered life, Jace must watch helple ...more
Published July 17th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Sweet so Fragile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet so Fragile

Just Friends With Benefits by Meredith SchorrChocolat by Joanne HarrisCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlCake Pop Crush by Suzanne   NelsonA Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown
Candy Covered
49th out of 106 books — 11 voters
Princess Academy by Shannon HaleFablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HalePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrincess of Glass by Jessica Day George
Books by Utah Authors
291st out of 733 books — 375 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca McNutt
Sweet So Fragile wasn't perfect, but it was creative, original, well-written and filled with complex characters and an unforgettable plot.
Jess Kittelson
Feb 22, 2012 Jess Kittelson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nicole Sylvain
Shelves: first-reads
I am really glad I was given a chance to read Sweet so Fragile by Margaret Chatwin. Had I not been given the chance I otherwise might have missed out and never run by such a talented author! She is now my newest favorite author. Her writing style reminds me alittle bit of Jodi Picoult who is another one of my favorite authors. Margaret Chatwin has an natural ability to put raw emoitions on paper and physically make her readers feel them! From page one I was hooked and had a hard time putting the ...more
Eva Leger
The description on the FirstReads giveaway drew me in so I decided to enter. I enter a decent number of giveaways through FR so it's hard to hope for one or two, I just sit back and wait for fate to bring a book to me. I got nervous with fate when this came.
I haven't had much luck with self-published books. It seems like I find the books written by people who want to be authors but aren't meant to be. Wanting isn't being. I can want to be a singer. If I can't actually sing I'm not a singer am I?
This is a heartbreaking story of a family trying to survive after tragedy. When his much-loved, pregnant wife is murdered, Jace not only must deal with his grief and that of a five-year-old Kaylee and fourteen-year-old Jorry, but with the overwhelming needs of his premature, brain-damaged son, cut from his dead mother’s body. Jace is determined to care for his son himself, but the reader is soon drawn into Jace’s nightmare existence as the constant demands of Colton’s physical and mental handica ...more
April Daley
You wanna read this book.. I loved it I read all night and finished it in less then 24 hours because I could not put it down.. The family in the book became real for me I felt every emotion they felt.. I found myself hopping for baby colton and telling Jorry how dangerous Nic was I felt heartbreak for the father and Happiness for him too there was even a time at the beginning of the book I was a little angry at him.. I found that I wanted to be more like Shara and I rooted for Jorry and Chris.Th ...more
I got this book as a Goodreads giveaway. I really enjoyed this, it was a quick read. The characters were well described and drew you into their lives. The situation described in the story was realistic enough to make you feel the emotions of the characters. All in all a good book that I would recommend to my friends. I hope to read more of Margaret Chatwin's books in the future.
love it. I absolutely love how much emotion Margaret puts into her characters. I find myself caring so much for this family and wishing i could step in the book and make things work out better for them. There are people i want to slap, people i want to hug, and people who just need chewed out! Its very gripping and is hard to put down.
Christina Ogden
I read Sweet So Fragile in one day – I just could not put it down. The emotions conjured are so strong, I found myself wanting to comfort Jace or throttle Jorry. The animosity between father and daughter is so real I had to check myself that I wasn’t back in my teenage years. Sweet So Fragile has a little romance, a little heartbreak, a bit of drama, and plenty of action.
From the very first page, I was drawn into the lives of the characters. Margaret’s character development is very three-dimensi
Tiffany Loves Books
Click Here For a chance to win a free copy of this book. Giveaway Ends Sept. 16

The story overall was pretty good. I once read one of her interviews where she said she'd never like to live in one of her books... Now I'm understanding why. It seems that a popular theme in her books are the tough things that one would like to pretend don't really exist but tend to be the reality in people's lives.

Characters: Sweet So Fragile seems to revolve around three characters- they are also the narrators.

I did enjoy the book, but not as much as I thought I would. I found it hard to keep my attention on it, and I really cannot point my finger as to why. It was a good book and well-written, and maybe I just was not in the mood for this kind of book. I will probably give it another shot in the future. I think my main problem was that I was not crazy about the daughter's character, as I found her annoying lol.
I won this book thru and I love it. I absolutely love how much emotion Margaret puts into her characters. I find myself caring so much for this family. Its very gripping story and it was hard to put down. I read it in two sittings. This story has LOTS of action, Some romance and a lot of drama but if your into that kind of book. Go get this book you wont regret it!
Despite all the spelling errors and grammar mistakes, Sweet so Fragile was an incredible book. I would recommend that you should read this on a rainy day. I also recommend this to anybody in need for SAT or ACT prep.
It took me a long time to finish this book, which I won in a give-away. I did not like it much. I liked it at the beginning, but quickly got disenchanted, and it was not what I expected. I found the characters annoying and most of the adults immature and one-dimensional. What's with a parent constantly getting in yelling and screaming matches with a child? In the end, everything turns out OK, and I'm not sure if I found this a relief or even more annoying.
I wasn't expecting this book to mostly be about the struggles with a rebellious teen. it was really sad most of the time and very cringe worthy. some of the charscters' names were bizarre. decent book for the $2.99 price tag.
The book was okay. A little unbelievable at times but an easy read.
Leann marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Irene Siegel
Irene Siegel marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Shanna Varner
Shanna Varner marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Darrell Darnell
Darrell Darnell marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Brenna marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Veronica marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Michelle Olsen
Michelle Olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Sarah Morrison
Sarah Morrison marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Ashley Marlatt
Ashley Marlatt marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Rosella marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
  • Beginning With the End: A Memoir of Twin Loss and Healing
  • Letters to Mom
  • Santa Claus and Little Sister
  • I Can Only Give You Everything
  • No Alternative
  • The Man Who Left
  • At the End (The Road to Extinction, #1)
  • Wish I Could Have Said Goodbye
  • The Mothers of Country Day
  • Strangers
  • 6 Seconds of Life
  • Cameron's Court
  • The Anti-Romantic Child: A Story of Unexpected Joy
  • Us
  • A Touch of Honor (The Honor Trilogy #1)
  • A Legacy of Madness: Recovering My Family from Generations of Mental Illness
  • Dead Things
  • Ascending Into Euphoria: A Collection of Poetry
I think I was a writer before I could even write. I can remember laying awake in my bed as a small child dreaming up characters and adventures for them to take. When I reached the age of thirteen, (which was a million years ago) my imagination could no loner be kept within the confines of my own head and I began to write them down. Many a summer I laid out in the back yard on the lawn chair with a ...more
More about Margaret Chatwin...
101 Erased Taking the Fall