Little Seeds

Little Seeds

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In this poem, childrendiscover that planting seeds is an exciting adventure that is good for the Earth, too!"
Published February 1st 2012 by Picture Window Books (first published January 1st 2012)

Margaret
Nov 21, 2011 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Margaret by: Jennifer Glidden
Always, I am on the look out for more things to incorporate into my Tot School. You want things to be fun, and not overly scholastic, but ideas that are provided from others is always a big help. This new Charles Ghigna book is right up my alley with Little Seeds! What a fantastic way to introduce my child to gardening. Not only is this book filled with poetry and words and phrases that will be great for early reading, but also vivid and entertaining illustrations. Then when you think you're alr...more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Little Seeds is part of the My Little Planet series. Little Seeds focuses on Spring and planting a flower in the garden. The text rhymes with only one or two sentences per page. The illustrations are bright and friendly. The back of the book features Creative Tot Time showing how to make a Grassy Guys craft.

Theme: Gardens
Additional themes: Spring
Christine Turner
Simple rhyming text follows a child who plants flower seeds in a garden and loves to watch them grow.

Subjects

Seeds -- Juvenile fiction.

Gardening -- Juvenile fiction.

Stories in rhyme

Nice but the book is small and does not work with large groups.
Barbara
In rhyming text, the joys of planting a seed and watching it grow are shared in exuberant fashion. As is always the case with gardens, the hard work has its own lovely reward. I really liked the cheerful, sunny illustrations throughout the story and on the endpapers.
Viv
Cute little book. Definitely toddler and pre-K friendly. Minimal but rhyming text with cute and easy-to-understand illustrations. Definitely will get it for my branch library.
Edna
Excellent short toddler book with few words and brightly colored illustrations about planting a seed and growing a flower with the help of some friends.
Lisa
Jan 31, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read
Shelves: children-s
Also in this series: Pick Up the Park, Recycling is Fun, and We Need Water. (ages 2-4)
CFAITC
This book illustrates planting seeds and how they grow.
Megan
Megan added it
Jun 28, 2014
Marina Khalid
Marina Khalid marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Wanda
Wanda added it
Feb 24, 2014
Noah Edwards
Noah Edwards marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Lynne-marie Macduff
Lynne-marie Macduff marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
leanna jackson
leanna jackson is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2012
Mice Are Nice One Hundred Shoes The Alphabet Parade Halloween Night: Twenty-One Spooktacular Poems Oh My, Pumpkin Pie!