Start by marking “Honor y Pasión” as Want to Read:
Honor y Pasión

Honor y Pasión

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  21,423 Ratings  ·  558 Reviews
ÉL LA CAPTURÓ POR VENGANZA... ELLA LE CAUTIVÓ CON PASIÓN.

En la turbulenta corte inglesa, la gentil lady Madelyne sufría los crueles caprichos de su hermano, el barón Louddon. Entonces, en venganza por un cobarde crimen, el barón Duncan de Wexton -el Lobo- mandó a sus huestes hacia los dominios de Louddon. Como botín capturó a la exquisita Madelyne... pero cuando puso sus o
Published February 28th 2005 by Plaza&Janés (first published April 30th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Honor y Pasión, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor y Pasión

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
May 15, 2010 UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves historical romance.

I have to say, I have yet to read a Julie Garwood novel that I don't love, but there was something special about Honor's Splendour that makes it stand out in my mind and has made it one of my favorite reads.

Garwood's books feature women who, though they might not know it at the time, are strong, honorable, compassionate and very wise. Watching them come into their own is such an enjoyable experience.

The same can be said for the men of her novels. They are usually gruff, arrogant and very set in
Dina
Nov 16, 2011 Dina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Melissab
Yay, another great book by Julie Garwood! :)

The story opens with Baron Duncan of Wexton stripped of his clothing, tied to a post, and left to freeze to death by Baron Louddon's men. But as soon as he's alone, Louddon's sister, Lady Madelyne, comes to his rescue and frees him. Ducan can't believe his luck - not that he's in any real danger and in need of her help because his "capture" was all part of a bigger plan -, but fate is just giving him what he came for. Duncan's sister, Adela, was raped
Blacky *Romance Addict*
What will you get if you decide to read this book?

1. Wonderful writing
2. A beautiful story
3. A fierce warrior for a hero
4. A herione that has great character
5. Total and utter enjoyment

For me, this was a pure 5 star book <3

1. Wonderful writing - Julie Garwood has an amazing style. I just love reading her books, and this one wasn't dissapointing. How ever good the stroy was, how great the characters were, the best thing in this whole book was the writing. I don't remember the last time I jus
Stacey is Sassy
Where's my gallant hero when I need him...

This was a re-read of one of my favourite Julie Garwood historical romances.

Whenever I think of this story I always remember it for the beautiful beginning when the heroine warms the feet of the hero.

Julie Garwood's stories make me want to step back in time to meet a gallant hero who will lift me on to his horse, tuck my head under his chin and protect me from all dangers.

This story is about a woman who has lived a life of fear from her abusive brother.
Ingela
Written September 4, 2014

4 1/2 Stars - So very delightful and tenderly heartwarming, just swoonish sweet

This was a LOVELY romance to listening too. It was my second by Julie Garwood. ~ I loved The Bride (4.5 stars). ~ Two great HR to highly recommend.

It may be 30 years old but Honors's Splendour is still amazing sweet. Ms Garwood does this with an incredible skill. ~ A lovely adorable heroine and a tough rugged hero, at least they had me with full attention, twinkling eyes and a goofy smile -
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
5++++++ STARS!!!!

I honestly cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a book so so much!

I will admit I was a person who at the mention on Historical Romances would run the other way! Yet I told Blacky I would try one as I know she loves them :)

I was so wrong to judge them! This one is so wonderful that I think it will stay with me for the rest of my life *sigh*

***Things I loved***

* Duncan known as the wolf- you have my heart my love *sigh* you are amazing and I loved your stern attitude to
Julianna
Apr 20, 2009 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Historical Romance or Julie Garwood
Reviewed for THC Reviews
I've been a long-time fan of Julie Garwood, but have been so distracted lately by exciting new books and authors that I have not picked up one of her books in nearly two years. Thanks to a new reading challenge in which I am participating, I was finally spurred to re-read Honor's Splendour, and was immediately reminded of all the things that made me start glomming Ms. Garwood's backlist in the first place. She has a talent for combining a good romance with a strong plot,
Hulya Kara Yuksel
OMG OMG OMG I'm having a #fangirlin moment right now. Maybe later, I'll write more about the book but now OMG wohooo my mind is spinning!!! hahaha listen to me girls, you have to meet Duncan. Mark my words... You MUST meet him. Oh God help me, I think I lost my mind. See you later. :)
Jamie
Jun 29, 2016 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED!!!!!
Eastofoz
Mar 24, 2009 Eastofoz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eastofoz by: Stamatia Chatzigrigoriou
Shelves: medieval
3.5 stars and somewhat disappointed with this book. It’s a fan favourite but for me it didn’t come anywhere near the level of The Secret or Ransom. I missed Garwood’s hilarious word play and the book just never wanted to end. It was as if she kept wanting to end it, didn’t know how, so added another caper. It could have been nearly a hundred pages shorter and I don’t think it would have lessened the story.

Weaving the story of Homer’s "Odyssey" throughout the novel was an interesting touch (espec
Rose May
Jun 03, 2013 Rose May rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

Chest-beating primates, mysterious wolves, and swooning, bi-polar, PMSing tiger/kitten mixes, oh my!

(I should warn you the following is a REALLY long rant review with only one positive paragraph at the end. Feel free at any time to skip to the 'bottom line' portion of the review, to get the gist of it)

This book was my first Julie Garwood ever, and I am happy to say it wil
Kristen
I really liked this book. It had me laughing and falling in love with the characters.
Cheryl
There's just something about reading a Julie Garwood book that makes me smile! I know when I pick up one of her novels that it is going to be funny and sweet and romantic. Honor's Splendour is no exception to this rule!

There are plenty of reviews already written on this book that explain the plot, so let me just share with you what I enjoyed about it instead. The Hero- Duncan is typical Garwood hero material. He is big and strong and a mighty warrior. He made me laugh so much because of his almo
Anne
Jun 07, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
Honor's Splendour is classic Garwood. *sigh* My favorite is still Ransom, but this one was really good, too. If you're a fan of her medieval romances, then this one won't disappoint.

Unfortunately, I did happen to notice something while reading this that kept me from giving it five stars. I love you Ms. Garwood, so please don't hate me for saying this... Has anyone else noticed that all of these books have basically the same plot? Spunky (yet kind) heroine get kidnapped or otherwise forced into m
Silvana -SLiTsRead
3.5 Stars!!

This was a light and quite funny read. I loved Duncan and Madelyne was a likeable heroine though her erratic behavior can sometimes be off-putting, the interactions between the two were adorable and at the same time HOT. I loved most of the minor characters, The supporting characters were well-developed and crucial to the advancement of the plot, they were not just there as fillers.

I laughed and rolled my eyes a few times! I would have liked more intrigue but all in all an easy, light
Victoria

3.75-4.0 RATING- A solidly written historical that pulled me in from the beginning. I liked both characters and how they interated together. I did feel like the the first half flowed a bit better than the last half. The last portion seemed to drag a bit for me. All in all, an enjoyable read that kept me glued to my kindle for a couple days when nothing else was working for me. I'm trying to decide now which book by this author I want to read next!

Note: At the time this review was posted, this bo
Shari Kay
Jul 02, 2016 Shari Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

I own Honor's Splendour in paperback, but it's been years since I've picked it up for a reread. I think I was afraid all the fond memories I have of this book, and other older historical romances, would be tarnished by the passing of time and my own changes in taste. I'm happy to say I still loved it. Maybe not as much as the first time around (no longer a 5 ), but pretty damn close.

Madelyne was a fun character. Silly at times? Yeah, but I still liked her a lot. She was incredibly brave, det
Beverly
DNF at 65%

I wish I loved this, but I didn't. The female drove me crazy...seems to be the story of my life lately.

At first I thought Madelynn was endearing and I liked her banter and inner thoughts...then at around 45% I realized she is literally judging everyone's decisions and telling them what to do. I do not find that quality endearing in the least, but kept reading.

Why did I keep reading?

Three reasons:
1. I hate to not finish something
2. I was reading with my amazing girls
3. They hadn't
Lelyana
Sep 05, 2012 Lelyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"WHO'S AFRAID OF A BIG BAD WOLF?"

Absolutely NOT Madelyne, aye.Ehem, pake gaya bahasa jaman dulu nih....
Nay, Madelyne never afraid of the Wolf , even Duncan "The Wolf",Baron of Wexton, or the real wolf , the beast its self.....
And wolf begin the story, and ended it with a happy ending.
To tell the truth...this fairy tales is one of the most wonderful I have ever read, aye...

Once upon a time, saat para Baron Saxon masih jadi komandan di bawah para Raja Inggris, ada seorang baron yang sangat dise
sraxe
The book was enjoyable but I thought it was nothing all that special. There are some humorous parts (like how she keeps going on about being a "gentle lady" and a "gentle maiden") but, other than a few things here and there, it was just OK. I felt that the book jumped around a lot, skipping some scenes and days. I was really thrown off by how quickly Adela went from hating Madelyne, hurling insults at her and threatening to kill her, to them being dear friends in no time at all! The POV changes ...more
Duchess Nicole
This was a GREAT book, a WONDERFUL historical romance! Julie Garwood has a way of sweeping you back in time and dropping you into a medieval castle...where you want to stay forever. She has such a way with words, and will forever be on of my favorite HR authors.

That being said, this one was a bit different than her others. It was so funny, and the humor was unexpected. I was snorting and knee slapping at Madeline's antics and Duncan's exasperation. It seemed like no one quite knew what to do wi
Jessica
Jan 27, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!!!!!!

Where do I start and how do I start my short review, to be honest I have no idea so I'll just type the first thing that comes through my mind.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Yeah, it's not enough said, so I'll start again.
I had such a great time reading this book, I went through so many emotions and every page I turned, I was like:

. . . and when all that was over, I was like: Oh yeah, this was good, this was really good.

Do I recommend it???

ABSOLUTELY!!!
Kathleen
Aug 28, 2014 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book. A repeater. I must have read this favorite at least five 50 times. I do love Garwood's hysterical historicals, especially this one! Garwood writes entertaining scenes with heroes who are larger than life. Her stories are like tall tales, or myths -- like the legendary Odysseus that Madeliene repeatedly quotes. She writes with a mix of action and sizzle and humor. I chuckle.

Audio version: So I am now listening to the audio, narrated by Anne Flosnik. Fingers crossed that she doesn't spo
Tiko
i looooveeeed it!!!! it was every bit as good as i hoped it would be!!! i simply love julie garwood, because no book of her has disappointed me yet!!! and this one was no exception. i just finished reading it and i truly have only good feelings right now xD i wont say anything about characters, coz you have to experience them yourself to fully understand their beauty!

i recommend it to anyone who likes a medieval historical romance with sweet love story, humor and great characters!
Eylül Esra
May 03, 2016 Eylül Esra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Susanne
Nov 14, 2015 Susanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-historical
I so wanted to love this book and I was so close. It was a splendid read, but the characters didn't grip me. I wasn't excited, more comfortably pleased. I definitely enjoyed Julie Garwood and I will definitely check out more of her books - next time maybe one of her Regency Romances?
ChloeLeeNH
Oct 19, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mediaeval (1099) Age
Just reread this one... I just love how the relationship between the h/h develops... her clutziness and his warming and sensitivity make for a great story. I must find this at a UBS... I just used the library this time so I could get the quick fix!
[Aengell]
Sep 13, 2014 [Aengell] rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julie Garwood? Five stars, what else?
Kathie (katmom)
Jun 15, 2011 Kathie (katmom) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books-ever
Lady Madelyne is such a sweet, naive woman. She really does want to save the world. She keeps telling everyone that she is a quiet woman, but she is usually doing it at the top of her lungs. She made me want to hug her and I was so proud of her for standing up for what she thought was right.

Like saving the man her brother wanted dead. She knew what would happen to her if she saved him, but she did it anyway.

When she realized that his feet were frozen, she thawed them the best way she knew how, w
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I am one of those people that just doesn't "get" Julie Garwood. I have given her a good shot with reading about three or four of her books, but I just find her simplistic, wallpaper, the conversations don't fit the era and her books, to me, are just silly - she's just a big blah to me.

I actually enjoyed this book up till the time the heroine became ill, but then all of a sudden it went from a good read to just silly all in the space of a page.

Although I find my favourite books are serious, dee
Say It Isn't Soooooo 17 270 Aug 15, 2015 05:14PM
Romance Novel Boo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. SOLVED - Medieval Romance 5 41 Aug 04, 2014 07:05PM
Let's Talk About ...: March 2014 Group Read Honor's Splendour 47 21 Mar 18, 2014 01:49PM
Romance Novel Boo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. SOLVED! Hero Captured, heroine sets him free? 6 30 Feb 26, 2014 12:35PM
Let's Talk About ...: Honor's Splendour 3 18 Apr 08, 2013 12:53PM
  • The Warlord (Montagues, #1)
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • Almost Heaven (Sequels, #3)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood of the Sword #3/MacAllister, #2)
  • Untamed (Medieval, #1)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • Texas Splendor (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • Cherish
  • Dreaming of You (The Gamblers, #2)
  • Knight of Desire (All the King's Men #1)
  • His Wicked Ways (MacKay, #1)
  • Charming the Prince (Once Upon A Time, #1)
  • Prisoner of My Desire
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
With more than 35 million books in print and 26 NEW YORK TIMES bestsellers, Julie Garwood has earned a position among America's favorite fiction writers.

Born and raised in Kansas City, MO, Ms. Garwood attributes much of her success to growing up in a large family of Irish heritage. "The Irish are great storytellers who relish getting all of the details and nuances of every situation. Add in the fa
More about Julie Garwood...

“I am ever a gentle maiden," she shouted. "Damn if I'm not.” 92 likes