Start by marking “It's My Turn” as Want to Read:
It's My Turn

It's My Turn

Each page gives rare and frank insights from the wife of Billy Graham about being mother and wife in the home of the world's most famous evangelist. Learn from Ruth as she weaves her unique humor into a warm and loving look into the life of a prominent family.
Unknown Binding, 190 pages
Published January 1st 1982 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about It's My Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's My Turn

Cindy
Dec 27, 2008 Cindy added it
Ruth Bell Graham shares from her personal journal and memories about her life mainly after she married Billy Graham. Thoughts as a newlywed, and sections about raising the kids largely by herself, and struggles in her Christian walk. Pretty encouraging! We all have moments when we feel so inadequate and just slog along ; )
Stephanie Sheaffer
Nov 26, 2016 Stephanie Sheaffer rated it really liked it
Fascinating to hear the perspective of Ruth Bell Graham (wife to the famed preacher Billy Graham).

She writes about faith, marriage, and parenting with humility and humor.
Feb 11, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography-memoir
I have been looking for this book off and on for months now in the public library, but it's always checked out. We visited the Billy Graham Library on vacation to Charlotte, NC and I picked up the book. Started reading it that night and DEVOURED the whole thing in one day! I loved the "entry" style for each page with selections from her personal journals and special memories and stories from her life. I always wondered what Ruth Bell Graham was like, and it was really neat to get a small glimpse ...more
Graham
May 05, 2014 Graham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
An entertaining and inspiring read.

The book is more like an annotated collection of diary entries, but I really enjoyed the insights into this famous family.

Things that stuck out for me are their commitment and dedication to God and to each other, their hard work, and sincere choices.

Great life advice wrapped up in simple humour and truisms.
Jennifer McMaster
Mar 15, 2014 Jennifer McMaster rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography-memoir
Loved this memoir written in snapshot glimpses of Mrs. Graham's childhood, marriage to Billy Graham and her role as mother and then grandmother. I laughed several times and teared up a few times too(even read some funny parts to my children who laughed enthusiastically). Encouraging for the Christian wife and mother and full of Biblical truths and insights.
Katheryn
Oct 14, 2011 Katheryn rated it it was amazing
What a great little book full of the wisdom of a godly wife and mother. This easy to read book was full of colorful anecdotes and fabulous snippets of wisdom drizzled between some hysterical stories and recollections.
Stephanie
This book was O.K. Another mom recommended it to me, and I didn't find it as dazzling as she did. The chapters are 1-2 pages and are just an assortment of Ruth's reflections on life. So reading it straight through was kind of scatterbrained. But it did have some useful and encouraging parts.
Julia Forrester
Not as much in the book as I had hoped for. Random thoughts and musings by Ruth Graham. An occasional insightful remark but I wish there was more.
Mary Kestner
Feb 01, 2012 Mary Kestner rated it it was amazing
This book I go back to again and again...The stories are short and always so encouraging, insightful, funny or comforting...Ruth is a mom to many :)
Elisabeth Ensor
Oct 24, 2010 Elisabeth Ensor rated it it was amazing
Great story of how she raised 5 children while Billy traveled! She also grew up in China, her parents were missionaries!
Dnyz
Aug 28, 2012 Dnyz rated it it was amazing
funny, humbling, simple..
truly it was a delight to read what it was like to be the wive of Billy Graham , and to raise 5 little Graham.
i was blessed :-)
Catherine Barrett
Jul 14, 2015 Catherine Barrett rated it it was ok
The short, disorganized chapters are not without merit - but do not add up to the book promised by the description.
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
John D. Bain
John D. Bain rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2010
Douglas Wallace
Douglas Wallace rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2013
April Voorhees
April Voorhees rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2009
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2011
Jackie Biang
Jackie Biang rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2013
Stacey
Sep 18, 2014 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Delightful!!
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Anilemero
Anilemero rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2014
Kendra Fletcher
Kendra Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Kathleen Ulrich
Kathleen Ulrich rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
Jolene Wicks
Jolene Wicks rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2013
Christy Holliday
Christy Holliday rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2008
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Rosetta Evans
Rosetta Evans rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Ruth Graham was born in China; her parents were American medical missionaries at the Presbyterian Hospital 300 miles north of Shanghai. Ruth was a Christian from an early age. She graduated from Wheaton College, Illinois, where she met her future husband Billy Graham. They were married on August 13, 1943 in Montreat, NC when she was 23. Her husband became a full time evangelist preaching the ...more
More about Ruth Bell Graham...