Start by marking “Midnight Mover: The True Story of the Greatest Soul Singer in the World” as Want to Read:
Midnight Mover: The True Story of the Greatest Soul Singer in the World

Midnight Mover: The True Story of the Greatest Soul Singer in the World

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Bobby Womack is a legend--a phenomenally gifted singer, songwriter, and guitarist with 40 albums and 30 million record sales to his name. A protege of Sam Cooke, Womack wrote classics that include "Lookin' for a Love" and "It's All Over Now" (a smash-hit for the Rolling Stones). Their success helped make him a star, but ongoing battles with drugs and the record industry ne ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by John Blake Publishing, Limited (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Mover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Mover

David Thrale
Jul 04, 2015 David Thrale rated it really liked it
Shelves: black
I am a huge fan of Womack's music and was looking forward to reading his autobiography. It was an easy and enjoyable read. In some places it was a little disjointed and I found it frustrating that too many of the chapters were focussed on other famous people he knew or worked with, and skimmed over some parts of his life.

However, there was a raw honesty about those parts of his life that he did share. Some of which must have been hugely difficult issues to face. I really enjoyed the book and now
James
Apr 22, 2013 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biographical
I only started noticing Bobby Womack after hearing a couple of tracks from his album (Bravest Man in the Universe), liking them, buying the album and then buying his greatest hits. The man has created some fantastic tunes. After hearing bits and pieces about his life I picked up this book.

Its a very honest autobiography, Womack has been through some hard times, some of his own making and some not. It is a fascinating tale and well worth a read.
Napoleon Gifford
Great Read

Very insightful about one of the greatest musical talents ever. Bobby tells everything about his life. Including the details of his marriage to Barbara Cooke.
Cam
Jun 25, 2015 Cam rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!! If you're a fan of soul, you've got to read this story. Bobby did a great job putting it together too
Winter Sophia Rose
Mar 14, 2015 Winter Sophia Rose rated it it was amazing
Funny, Honest, Ruveting & Insightful! I Loved It!
Troy
Jan 18, 2012 Troy rated it really liked it
The man is not missing an ego or a sense of self, and he makes decisions based on a logic you can at the very least understand. What I found interesting was his interplay with stars of that era and their interactions with him. Very conversational, very laid back but to the point, I found this enjoyable.
Ian B
Apr 04, 2013 Ian B rated it really liked it
Great read written honestly and from the heart. This mans life and the legends he meets along the way would make a great movie.
Johnny
Mar 17, 2008 Johnny rated it liked it
"Oh shit! I can't rob this guy! This is Bobby Womack! My momma loves his shit!"
Bobby rules.
Otis Windham
Otis Windham rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Linda  Manigo
Linda Manigo marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Rita Minner
Rita Minner rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Cynthia Jenkins
Cynthia Jenkins is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2015
Wim Vaas
Wim Vaas marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Jeremy Siegel
Jeremy Siegel rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Sheila Lancaster
Sheila Lancaster rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
Neil
Neil marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Alice White
Alice White marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Gloria Bruce
Gloria Bruce rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Vanessa Lilian
Vanessa Lilian marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Lisa Doughty
Lisa Doughty is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014
Cedric
Cedric rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Mulliwulli
Mulliwulli marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Neil
Neil rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Niall
Niall marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014