Start by marking “Three Wishes” as Want to Read:
Three Wishes

Three Wishes

3.39  ·  Rating Details ·  1,942 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews
Be careful what you wish for...

When a lowly antiques dealer who's in love with the governor's girlfriend releases a genie from a magic lamp, he unwittingly wishes himself into a hole the size of the Grand Canyon!
Published November 7th 2011 by NeedtoRead Books

To ask other readers questions about Three Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Wishes

Dragana
Three Wishes was a big disappointment. I love the stories with genies and wish fulfillment, but this one was boring and the characters were flat. There was no chemistry, no sizzle or any kind of magic. I could not wait for it to be over.
Yvensong
Dec 08, 2013 Yvensong rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, ebook
I don't read many romances, so that may color my view of this novel. I do read quite a bit, though, and there are several things that add to my enjoyment of a story.

Character development, or characters that are at least interesting, can make a book intriguing. Sadly, I didn't find these characters all that interesting. Jasmine was just annoying. Ladden was a cardboard character of a hunk. The genie was creepy. About the only thing that grabbed me was the rug.

I didn't feel any chemistry really
Yue
I feel so guilty when I rate a free ebook like this. Writers are so happy to share their work with the readers, and happily there are a lot of good reviews here in GR. And then comes a reader (in this case, me) who rates like this.

It is not like it is terrible or boring. How can it, when it is an Aladdin's retelling? It is just that it lacks the magic that Aladdin has. And I mean magic in every way. The Genie is more creepy than magical; he is an old man who grants Ladden wishes in... errr... cr
Rebecca Maye
Jan 21, 2015 Rebecca Maye rated it liked it
Entertaining read for a rainy-day Saturday

The book was good for the short rom-com that it was. There weren't very many syntax or grammatical errors, which is always refreshing to see in digital books. The story had some parts they made me laugh out loud (loved all the rug scenes) and I liked the fact that, like the movie Sweet Home Alabama, neither man was the "bad guy"; it was just a choice between a good man and the right man.
I also thought the play on names was cute, given everyone's knowled
Cindi Wimberly
Nov 24, 2016 Cindi Wimberly rated it it was amazing
So much fun! You'll love the whimsy.
Kat Lebo
Three Wishes by Stephanie Bond

When I decided to read this book, I knew that Stephanie Bond was two things -- a well read author and an author of romance novels. Now, romance novels are not usually in my wheelhouse, and I had not read this author before, but the title and cover art left no question that this would be a story that incorporated a little of the Arabian Nights legend in its telling. I wasn't wrong.

Okay -- so first, let's talk about what I liked about the book.

First and foremost for
Kimberly
Mar 14, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2012/03...

Antiques dealer Ladden Sanderson’s life would be perfect if it weren’t for one thing: he’s in love Jasmine Crowne - the governor’s girlfriend and a woman who will never see him as more than a friend. Then Ladden accidentally releases a genie from a magic lamp and his whole world is turned upside down. Can the three wishes the genie grants him help Ladden win Jasmine’s heart? Or will he manage to drive her out of his life f
Thom Swennes
“Do you believe in magic?” I was forced to revisit the beginning and reread what I had already read. I don’t know if this “lack of readily comprehension” can be attributed to the story or my sudden inability to comprehend the meaning of the words that floated before me. Once again started a quaint (and slightly familiar) tale unfolded before me. Reading this the apothegm “hearts are sometimes smarter than heads” comes to mind as this contemporary fairytale unfolds. Ladden Sanderson is a struggli ...more
Trish R.
Mar 26, 2015 Trish R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it..

This was a real surprise. I really enjoyed this story. I loved Ladden but Jasmine was a little bit self-absorbed: money, stature, power, all because of where she grew up. But I knew she’d come around.

The only thing I didn’t like comes along in almost every book I read, a man or woman biting the inside of their cheek HARD or biting their tongue HARD. Before authors write something that stupid they might want to try it. It hurts like hell and no one in their right mind would do it on pur
Ria Restrepo
May 28, 2015 Ria Restrepo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Three Wishes is a delightfully sweet romantic comedy.

Jasmine is an interior decorator looking for just the right rug for her boyfriend's bedroom. The fact that he's the governor in the middle of a reelection campaign and his bedroom is in the governor's mansion only ups the stakes. Luckily, she knows an antiques dealer who might just have what she needs.

When Ladden acquires an exquisite rug and a mysterious lamp at an estate sale, he gets a whole lot more than he bargained for. While cleaning t
Linda
3.5 / 4 stars

A modern day version of a Disney classic. It was cute and surprisingly, I really enjoyed reading it and it even made me cry. Yep, I'm a sap...but I loved Ladden. He was sweet, honest, and crazy about Jasmine, but she didn't have a clue.

In her case, she goes from rags to, well, not quite riches but much better off than where she started. Great career, nice car, clothes, and home. And last, her boyfriend is the governor. What more can a girl ask for, right? Ladden, on the other hand o
Therese
Mar 16, 2012 Therese rated it liked it
$0.0

I had to read this book now since Nicki is also reading it, and I have on my list of to read this year a book by this author. Soon enough we will find out how it is.

Ladden Sandersen runs a successful antique shop in Sacramento called Ladden's Castle. Jasmine Crowne runs her own interior design business as well as dating the governor. The only thing she doesn't know is that Ladden is crazy about her, but he feels she is completely out of his league. Then he buys a carpet and finds a genie lam
Gaby
Mar 17, 2012 Gaby rated it really liked it
Posted at Oh My Books!

I downloaded Three Wishes for free a couple of weeks ago and started to read it, but then decided to leave if for later. I picked it up last weekend and devoured it in just a couple of hours.

Laddin, an antique dealer, finds an antique rug and lamp on an estate sale. When he cleans up the lamp, an 'earthquake' destroy his shop and suddenly appears a homeless crazy man. It seems weird, but it's going to become weirder when suddenly his wished are becoming real.

Laddin likes Ja
Lori Henrich
Mar 17, 2012 Lori Henrich rated it liked it
Not sure what I think about this story. This is the first story by Stephanie Bond that I have read. It is a story based on Aladdin and the magic lamp. I thought it was a good premise for a story, except having the main male character named Ladden and the female character Jasmine was a tad much.

Jasmine is a decorator and has know Ladden, an antique dealer, for a long time. What she doesn't know is that Ladden has been in love with her for most of that time. Jasmine is focused on her career and he
Laura Besley
This book got off to a slightly shaky start with the female named Jasmine (no doubt referring to the Disney film) and Ladden's Castle (an antique store) being a little cringe-worthy. However, if you get past the first few pages, you're in for a treat!

This was a very sweet and surprisingly well-written book that kept me turning the pages (or to be more precise pressing the > button on my kindle). The magical element of the story was dealt with well and although not totally plausible, I'm not s
Carol
Aug 05, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a good sloppy romantic book in ages. This one by Stephanie Bond was just that. Reminded me of the Harlequin Romances I read many many years ago that actually got me started reading.

Ladden a furniture and antiques dealer and a customer named Jasmine of his have developed a nice friendship. In his store, he acquired a fancy rug and a copper lamp. Inside it was a Genie, and they released him and he told them they have three wishes. So without spoiling the story, oh, by the way, Jasmi
Frankiejohnny
Mar 28, 2012 Frankiejohnny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. Lots of typos (became instead of because... lace instead of face) due to it being loaded digitally. Hopefully those will be caught and edited soon.

Author explains that the Story is a take on Aladdin. An Antique dealer, Laddin, picks up an antique rug and lamp from an estate sale. After he cleans up the lamp, a surprise earthquake happens at only his store, and he finds a little old homeless man hiding out. After he gives the homeless man some cash, and takes him over to a local shelter, he
Kathy
Dec 20, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fluffy romance but at least this one had some sexy action.

Antiques dealer Ladden Sutherland finds some interesting objects, an old metal lamp and a fine Persian rug. When he cleans the lamp, he released a genie. Of course, he doesn't believe it until he makes two unwitting wishes to help him get his unrequited love interest, Jasmine Crowne. Jasmine is nearly engaged to the Governor of California at the end of his re-election campaign so the genie's actions don't go over so well.

Take away
Gina Basham
Apr 22, 2013 Gina Basham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very fun, light book. No difficult subject matter to digest. I loved the Laddin character. He was goofy, silly, insecure and funny. I loved that he was NOT the brooding, good looking guy that wanted the girl but knew he shouldn't/couldn't have her. He was down to earth, hopeful and fun. The whole Aladdin theme was refreshing for a romance/comedy. I just didn't care for the last chapter.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
Would have been better if Jasmine had said she wanted turkey dinner instead of marriage. M
Sheri
Feb 25, 2014 Sheri rated it liked it
Three Wishes (Kindle Edition) by Stephanie Bond

Antiques dealer Ladden Sanderson is cleaning his shop when a mild earth quake disrupts his shop. He happens to be holding an old lamp when this happens. Then appears before him and old man in a black turban promising him three wishes.

Jasmine frequents his shop for items for the home of the Governor, who she is dating. Soon Jasmine is brought into Ladden's delusion, or is it true? Can the man he see really be a Genie ?

A fast paced fun story. Three wi
Earicka
Oct 28, 2013 Earicka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book a bit hard to get involved in at first...but by the third chapter I was hooked. I think one of the things that made me have issues were the character names. Once I got past the Laddin bit I couldn't put it down.

The comedy really was nonstop though many times it seemed the romance would never get off the ground...which only made it funnier. I was shocked by how much I did not want the story to end. I kinda wish there was a sequel....

**this story is suitable for adult audiences
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 7/11/2011
Author: Stephanie Bond
Recommended for: fans of chick lit
Edition: Kindle

I got this book for free on my Kindle. I found this book to be an enjoyable read. There was no spelling mistakes or grammer mistakes (unlike alot of kindle books). The characters that are featured in the book are relatable, very well described, and easy to get on with. The storyline of the book was very good and included a few twists too which added to the humor factor. It is a quick read, well suited to f
Lyndsay
I like the story but I only gave it 2 stars because it dragged. It kept repeating itelf about, woah is me, i love her but can't have her. woah is me my past was so terible. Probably could cut 50 pages of repetitive chatter. Because its 144 pages. that is 45 pages too many.

Follows the classic story of alading and jasmine. Down to the corney name of Ladden for the male. He buys a rug at an auction and releases the genie. His first two wishes are said in the "i wish i won a million dollars" type se
Carol Maloney Scott
I wanted to like this. It was a cute story, but it wasn't funny and the main characters behaved way too formally for a young couple. It could have been funny, but the characters were not real enough. They were a bit wooden. The female lead, Jasmine was especially boring and I couldn't understand why Ladden would be interested in her. I am assuming Ms. Bonds' writing in other genres is more enjoyable.
Kristi
Mar 31, 2012 Kristi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
“Three Wishes” was just fine for what it was. The story was cute, even if predictable. My low rating is largely due to the fact that, despite my attempts to give this genre a fair hearing, I am just not a fan of chick lit romance. Not even for fluff reading. Character development was non-existent. The ending felt contrived. So if you like brainless romance that is all about “physical magnetism” and not about relationship, this one’s a win. Otherwise, you may want to give this book a pass.
Diane ~Firefly~
The story was ok. Ladden had a thing for Jasmine, but Jasmine is dating the mayor. She is mostly looking for security. But somehow after Ladden frees the genie she starts noticing him differently. Ladden seems like such a good catch, I don't understand why he was single. Jasmine seems ok on the surface, but that whole dating to improve one's worth is hard to overlook. The rug and the butterflies were pretty cool but the genie was kind of creepy.
Trish
Dec 26, 2013 Trish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another freebie for the ereader and it was a delightful surprise. Yes, it is very light reading, but the story is well-told and is fun to read. Gene and the rug just about steal the show, and while once I realized this was a retelling of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp I was apprehensive about the story, but by the end I was convinced. Likeable characters in a modern twist of the old fairly tale story. Nicely done, Ms. Bond.

Recommend.
Deidre
Aug 08, 2012 Deidre rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
*sigh* a book about a genie in a lamp with characters named Jasmine and Ladden? Really?? And then there is the 'i want her/him but can't have her/him' done to death. It's all capped by a super rushed ending after a drawn out middle. Glad it was free; if it cost any more, I'd have wished for a genie to give me back the time I spent reading it. As per usual, Bond is a hit or miss author for me and this was definitely a miss.
WiLoveBooks
Mar 21, 2012 WiLoveBooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun, quick romance with a little magic thrown in. This is a modern Aladdin story, and I got a chuckle out of the characters' names. Jasmine Crowne and Laddin Sanderson have been working acquaintances for years, but Jasmine is already dating the governor, and she feels the need to be with someone rich and powerful. How can sweet, hard-working Laddin make her realize they belong together? With a little help from a genie and an unruly rug.
Jessica Andersen
This was a quick, light-hearted romance. It reminded me a bit of a contemporary screwball romantic comedy. The fairy tale references were fun, and I enjoyed the characters. This is an unusual romance told mostly from the man's perspective, although the perspective does jump back and forth between the two leads a bit.

I would recommend this one to fans of Janet Evanovich's romances. Would make a nice light beach read this summer too.

I would read more books by this author.
  • Marry Me, Maddie
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Three Days in Seattle
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)
  • Liquid Lies
  • At Last
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • Titanic Affair
  • Flirting With Death (Assassins Anonymous - Step One)
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
  • Kiss Me, Dancer (Dance ‘n’ Luv, #1)
  • The Do-Over
  • Yearnings: A Paranormal Romance Box Set
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • Betting on Hope
  • Get Bunny Love
  • Accidents Make the Heart Grow Fonder
USA TODAY bestselling author Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no f
More about Stephanie Bond...