Start by marking “Three Wishes” as Want to Read:
Three Wishes

Three Wishes

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  1,257 ratings  ·  141 reviews
Be careful what you wish for...

When a lowly antiques dealer who's in love with the governor's girlfriend releases a genie from a magic lamp, he unwittingly wishes himself into a hole the size of the Grand Canyon!
Published November 7th 2011 by NeedtoRead Books

To ask other readers questions about Three Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Wishes

Yvensong
I don't read many romances, so that may color my view of this novel. I do read quite a bit, though, and there are several things that add to my enjoyment of a story.

Character development, or characters that are at least interesting, can make a book intriguing. Sadly, I didn't find these characters all that interesting. Jasmine was just annoying. Ladden was a cardboard character of a hunk. The genie was creepy. About the only thing that grabbed me was the rug.

I didn't feel any chemistry really
Sakura Yue Michaelis
I feel so guilty when I rate a free ebook like this. Writers are so happy to share their work with the readers, and happily there are a lot of good reviews here in GR. And then comes a reader (in this case, me) who rates like this.

It is not like it is terrible or boring. How can it, when it is an Aladdin's retelling? It is just that it lacks the magic that Aladdin has. And I mean magic in every way. The Genie is more creepy than magical; he is an old man who grants Ladden wishes in... errr... cr
Kat Lebo
Three Wishes by Stephanie Bond

When I decided to read this book, I knew that Stephanie Bond was two things -- a well read author and an author of romance novels. Now, romance novels are not usually in my wheelhouse, and I had not read this author before, but the title and cover art left no question that this would be a story that incorporated a little of the Arabian Nights legend in its telling. I wasn't wrong.

Okay -- so first, let's talk about what I liked about the book.

First and foremost for
Linda
3.5 / 4 stars

A modern day version of a Disney classic. It was cute and surprisingly, I really enjoyed reading it and it even made me cry. Yep, I'm a sap...but I loved Ladden. He was sweet, honest, and crazy about Jasmine, but she didn't have a clue.

In her case, she goes from rags to, well, not quite riches but much better off than where she started. Great career, nice car, clothes, and home. And last, her boyfriend is the governor. What more can a girl ask for, right? Ladden, on the other hand o
Kimberly
Originally posted on Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2012/03...

Antiques dealer Ladden Sanderson’s life would be perfect if it weren’t for one thing: he’s in love Jasmine Crowne - the governor’s girlfriend and a woman who will never see him as more than a friend. Then Ladden accidentally releases a genie from a magic lamp and his whole world is turned upside down. Can the three wishes the genie grants him help Ladden win Jasmine’s heart? Or will he manage to drive her out of his life f
Gaby
Posted at Oh My Books!

I downloaded Three Wishes for free a couple of weeks ago and started to read it, but then decided to leave if for later. I picked it up last weekend and devoured it in just a couple of hours.

Laddin, an antique dealer, finds an antique rug and lamp on an estate sale. When he cleans up the lamp, an 'earthquake' destroy his shop and suddenly appears a homeless crazy man. It seems weird, but it's going to become weirder when suddenly his wished are becoming real.

Laddin likes Ja
Lori Henrich
Not sure what I think about this story. This is the first story by Stephanie Bond that I have read. It is a story based on Aladdin and the magic lamp. I thought it was a good premise for a story, except having the main male character named Ladden and the female character Jasmine was a tad much.

Jasmine is a decorator and has know Ladden, an antique dealer, for a long time. What she doesn't know is that Ladden has been in love with her for most of that time. Jasmine is focused on her career and he
Therese
$0.0

I had to read this book now since Nicki is also reading it, and I have on my list of to read this year a book by this author. Soon enough we will find out how it is.

Ladden Sandersen runs a successful antique shop in Sacramento called Ladden's Castle. Jasmine Crowne runs her own interior design business as well as dating the governor. The only thing she doesn't know is that Ladden is crazy about her, but he feels she is completely out of his league. Then he buys a carpet and finds a genie lam
Carol Maloney Scott
I wanted to like this. It was a cute story, but it wasn't funny and the main characters behaved way too formally for a young couple. It could have been funny, but the characters were not real enough. They were a bit wooden. The female lead, Jasmine was especially boring and I couldn't understand why Ladden would be interested in her. I am assuming Ms. Bonds' writing in other genres is more enjoyable.
Sheri
Three Wishes (Kindle Edition) by Stephanie Bond

Antiques dealer Ladden Sanderson is cleaning his shop when a mild earth quake disrupts his shop. He happens to be holding an old lamp when this happens. Then appears before him and old man in a black turban promising him three wishes.

Jasmine frequents his shop for items for the home of the Governor, who she is dating. Soon Jasmine is brought into Ladden's delusion, or is it true? Can the man he see really be a Genie ?

A fast paced fun story. Three wi
Laura Besley
This book got off to a slightly shaky start with the female named Jasmine (no doubt referring to the Disney film) and Ladden's Castle (an antique store) being a little cringe-worthy. However, if you get past the first few pages, you're in for a treat!

This was a very sweet and surprisingly well-written book that kept me turning the pages (or to be more precise pressing the > button on my kindle). The magical element of the story was dealt with well and although not totally plausible, I'm not s
Frankiejohnny
Cute. Lots of typos (became instead of because... lace instead of face) due to it being loaded digitally. Hopefully those will be caught and edited soon.

Author explains that the Story is a take on Aladdin. An Antique dealer, Laddin, picks up an antique rug and lamp from an estate sale. After he cleans up the lamp, a surprise earthquake happens at only his store, and he finds a little old homeless man hiding out. After he gives the homeless man some cash, and takes him over to a local shelter, he
Carol
I haven't read a good sloppy romantic book in ages. This one by Stephanie Bond was just that. Reminded me of the Harlequin Romances I read many many years ago that actually got me started reading.

Ladden a furniture and antiques dealer and a customer named Jasmine of his have developed a nice friendship. In his store, he acquired a fancy rug and a copper lamp. Inside it was a Genie, and they released him and he told them they have three wishes. So without spoiling the story, oh, by the way, Jasmi
Jody
Not bad but great either! I just really had a hard time connecting to the heroine. At the end I almost didn't want her to end up with the hero. I felt he was to good for her. All in all though it was a light read with a happy ending!
Andrea
Loved my first Stephanie Bond book (Our Husband), but this one was so cheesy that I really didn't enjoy it. Luckily it was a fast read and over quickly. Hopefully the rest of her books are more like my first Bond book experience!
Cici
The fairy tale has a great twist. The modernization of the Alladin tale is so fun! The rebelling of the story has some fun twists. But the graphic ruined it! Not clean! So dumb!
Tomasz Chrusciel
Brilliant combination of the well-known fairy-tale and the contemporary story. It hooked me from the very beginning and I didn’t stop enjoying it till the very end.
Brooke
I know this book hasn't gotten the greatest reviews, but I really enjoyed it! It was cute! A modern day telling of Aladdin that just brought a smile to my face.
Christine
Kind of cute but not anything spectacular. A more developed plot could have made a difference. It was a little too easy to put down.
Tiffany Leblanc
I loved this book! It's supposed to be a little silly and that's ok with me sometimes. I laughed out loud at what happened with wish #2!!!
Gina Basham
Very fun, light book. No difficult subject matter to digest. I loved the Laddin character. He was goofy, silly, insecure and funny. I loved that he was NOT the brooding, good looking guy that wanted the girl but knew he shouldn't/couldn't have her. He was down to earth, hopeful and fun. The whole Aladdin theme was refreshing for a romance/comedy. I just didn't care for the last chapter.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
Would have been better if Jasmine had said she wanted turkey dinner instead of marriage. M
Kathy
Another fluffy romance but at least this one had some sexy action.

Antiques dealer Ladden Sutherland finds some interesting objects, an old metal lamp and a fine Persian rug. When he cleans the lamp, he released a genie. Of course, he doesn't believe it until he makes two unwitting wishes to help him get his unrequited love interest, Jasmine Crowne. Jasmine is nearly engaged to the Governor of California at the end of his re-election campaign so the genie's actions don't go over so well.

Take away
Luna Raven
I like this author, this book was cute if a little silly. A nice quick read to while away an afternoon.
Kim Dawson
Cute book. Very light read. Nice when you just want to read something fun and funny.
Monique Artiga
It's basically a lame modern version of aladdin. It was really amateurish.
Amy
good fast book on kindle first time reading her and ended up getting more of her books
Lyndsay
I like the story but I only gave it 2 stars because it dragged. It kept repeating itelf about, woah is me, i love her but can't have her. woah is me my past was so terible. Probably could cut 50 pages of repetitive chatter. Because its 144 pages. that is 45 pages too many.

Follows the classic story of alading and jasmine. Down to the corney name of Ladden for the male. He buys a rug at an auction and releases the genie. His first two wishes are said in the "i wish i won a million dollars" type se
Danica Lamphere
Cute update on the movie Aladdin and fun easy vacation read
Jan
Quick read. Cute. It was OK.
Trish
Another freebie for the ereader and it was a delightful surprise. Yes, it is very light reading, but the story is well-told and is fun to read. Gene and the rug just about steal the show, and while once I realized this was a retelling of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp I was apprehensive about the story, but by the end I was convinced. Likeable characters in a modern twist of the old fairly tale story. Nicely done, Ms. Bond.

Recommend.
  • Marry Me, Maddie
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)
  • Three Days in Seattle
  • Yearnings: A Paranormal Romance Box Set
  • His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitude, #2)
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Titanic Affair
  • Kiss Me, Dancer (Dance ‘n’ Luv, #1)
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
  • Bridge To Happiness
  • At Last
  • Kiss Me Crazy (The Fitzgerald Family, #3)
  • With this Kiss
  • The Wife Of Reilly
  • Phone Kitten
Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no formal training in writing (he
More about Stephanie Bond...
Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2) 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3) 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5) 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)