Start by marking “Cinder: Chapters 1-5” as Want to Read:
Cinder: Chapters 1-5

Cinder: Chapters 1-5

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  933 ratings  ·  16 reviews

This excerpt from Marissa Meyer’s Cinder contains for the first five chapters.

Cinder will be available January 3, 2012.

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl…. Cinder, a gifted mechanic, i
Kindle Edition
Published 2011

To ask other readers questions about Cinder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinder

Danny Gutierrez
Excellent! Amazing!
Mollie
Absolutely amazing! This makes me want to read the book that much more because these first 5 chapters were fantastic. It sets up the story well and the last chapter with what happens broke my heart but gets me to the point of dying to know where this is going to go. Brilliant, fantastic, everyone should check out these first 5 chapters to whet their appetite for the release of the book.
Donna
Amazing start to this story. I was engaged from the first paragraph. The premise is fascinating, Cinder has all the qualities of a great heroine, and the use of humour via Iko is a nice touch. Prince Kai is charming! Looking forward to purchasing the book so that I can finish this story.
Nichole
It was so creative and fun to look at an old story in a new way! I read this in only a few days and then poured through Scarlet. I went crazy waiting for Cress, and now I'm even more excited for the last book!
Riley
3.5 stars, really. I liked it enough that I'm curious to read the rest, but I wasn't gripped or moved by anything (yet?).
Amanda
The story begins with our MC Cinder working as a mechanic. In walks Prince Kai, the heir to the throne and due to become Emperor any day now. The base of the story is the tale of Cinderella and the reader could easily believe that this story will follow the formula that we all know so well. Poor, hardworking young woman meets a Prince and they live happily ever after. However in this novel it is clear that there are other stories to tell aside from romantic ones.

After the Prince leaves Cinder’s
Nancy
I took my husband for eye surgery early this morning, and I listened to Cinder, while I was waiting for his surgery to be over. We got up really early this morning, and when we got home, I was very tired, so I just kept listening to the book until it was over. I enjoyed the book. In the end there is a cliff hanger, so I'm expecting another book. The book isn't what I expected, from looking at the cover, with its red high heeled shoe. Cinder was adopted when she was about 11. She had been in a te ...more
Caroline
Cinder is awesome! I highly recommend it... it is one of those books that I just could not put down. Excellent book.
Naturallycrazy101
FIRST book in the series, you'll HAVE to read the other two books!
Melanie02
best book ever !!! need to read cress and winter!!! can not wait
Karina Silver
I enjoyed the book, an easy read a little young for me.
Jessi
Loved book!!:)
Ria Cruz
Futuristic dystopian take on Cinderella with cyborgs, androids and a plague. Sold. Finished this freebie quickly and purchased full version on Kindle. I'm not usually a YA reader but I really like this retelling of the classic fairytale.
Court
I read the first 5 chapters and cannot wait until the full version is released on Jan 3rd. I am waiting anxiously for this to be available. I love how the author took a fairy tale and added her own twist. Chapter 5 left me wanting more.
Madilyn
I'm am just amazed at how much detail there is. I can picture the castle, the dresses, the ball, everything really. It's an amazing book and I just can't wait to read the rest of the series. (When it comes out)
Elizabeth Macdonald
I have read the entire book in one night. This book is thrilling and balanced, a real treat for an active imagination. I cannot wait to read Scarlett.
Michelle Proenza
Michelle Proenza marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
~*Ro*~
~*Ro*~ marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
sade cope
sade cope is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
  • Birthmarked: Chapters 1-5
  • To Have and to Hold (Nebraska Historicals, #7)
  • Siege and Storm: Chapters 1-5
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology: Volume 2
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • SelfSame
  • Dogs, dogs, Dogs
  • Fallen / Torment (Fallen, #1-2)
  • There (On the Otherside, #2)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • Sheepshagger
  • Kiss Me Twice
  • Revelation (Forever, #3)
  • Redemption (The Revelation Series, #3)
  • The Young Traveler's Gift
  • My Life Undecided: Prequel & Chapters 1-5
  • Stakeout for Love
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us #2
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)