Start by marking “The Werewolf's Wife” as Want to Read:
The Werewolf's Wife

The Werewolf's Wife (Beautiful Creatures #38)

The legacy he must obey…
The child she must save…
The man who threatens to fulfill her every fantasy…
and break her heart.

Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #133, 288 pages
Published March 20th 2012 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Werewolf's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Werewolf's Wife

Christy Wilhelm
Apr 05, 2012 Christy Wilhelm rated it really liked it

Funny, sexy and an all-around good read.

I have to admit that I’m rather partial to Werewolves. I’ve hardly ever found a were shifter I didn’t like. This goes for Ridge Addison our hottie Alpha Werewolf, who was sensitive but also all man. Then there is Abigail Rowan, bad ass witch extraordinaire. I very much liked Abigail and I could relate to her bad taste in men. Come to think of it, most gals nowadays can pretty much relate.

Our story begins ten years ag
Diane
Jun 18, 2012 Diane rated it did not like it
I wish I could finish this. It sounds like a great story however Abigail the witch is a complete Bitch. I hate her so much that I can't continue.

Ridge saves her from literally being burned at the stake and they then go have drinks, get drunk and end up getting married in vegas. Ridge changes into his werewolf form right at the end of sex and it startles her into blasting him with electrical magic, almost searing his privates.

Now after 13 years he finds her to sign divorce papers. She has a chi
Amanda The Book Slayer
To check out more reviews by Amanda go to The Book Slayer

Recommendation : Those who are looking for a great Paranormal Romance book to read this summer. It has plenty of action, plot twists and just enough steam.

When I read the synopsis it sounded like the perfect summer beach read. Light fluffy, happy ending sort of read. Man was I off the mark, but in a good way.

This book was intense. It grabs you and sends your emotions through a grinder while trying to keep up on the adventure. This book was
Renee Rearden
Jul 31, 2012 Renee Rearden rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Free ARC Provided by NetGalley

I love Michele Hauf’s voice. If her name’s on a book, I’ll read it. And I’ve never been disappointed—until now.

The Werewolf’s Wife has a great premise. Who wouldn’t want read about a yummy shifter wolf saving a damsel in distress, commiserating over drinks, getting hitched in Vegas and having a crazy-wild night of passion? Okay, so that’s only the start for the rest of the book, but it grabs your attention, right?

Ridge Addison becomes pack leader. In order to set a
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson – LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:

O.K yeah, it’s no secret that I love Michele Hauf and gush about pretty much everything she’s written, but this book really does deserve it. While not my personal favorite of Michele’s thus far, it was an engaging and thoroughly enjoyable read.

Our hero, Ridge Addison, is like the Brawny papertowel guy (including the softer side) with Jason Statham’s sexy action hero streak. If that isn’t enough to get you to love him right there
Katie Michaels
Apr 22, 2012 Katie Michaels rated it liked it
As the new head of his werewolf pack, Ridge realizes that it's time for him to find a mate and start a family. But before he can do that, he needs to get a divorce from the woman he married in Vegas during a one-night stand 13 years ago. As hot as their drunken roll in the hay was, it ended very badly when he started to shift in bed --and the fiery witch responded with a powerful zap to his gut. He hasn't seen her since.

Just as Ridge shows up on Abigail's doorstep, her son is kidnapped. The myst
Sandra
ARC recieved from Harlequin on NetGalley

2.5 stars This was so-so. I liked the idea behind it, but something about the execution just didn't work for me.

1) It was kind of hard to figure out the relationships between the races. The council made blood sport illegal, but a witch is still allowed to consume a vampire heart every century to stay immortal?

2) It seemed like several terms were changed from your typical werewolf book, just for the sake of seeming different, but all it did was throw me off
Cheryl
Feb 27, 2012 Cheryl rated it liked it
Werewolf stories are my favorite type of paranormal book. I was excited to receive this book through the Goodreads' First Reads program and explore a new author. The characters were deftly drawn and I found myself empathizing with both Ridge and Abby. The problem? There was a major flaw in the plot and it distracted me for over half of the novel and kept me from being able to lose myself in the story like I prefer to.

(view spoiler)
Angela
May 14, 2012 Angela rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
This book is part of a series, but I don't think you have to read the others before this book. I didn't and I don't feel as if I missed anything by not reading the series in order. This book is about Ridge Addison, the new alpha wolf of a very small pack, and Abigail, a witch. They have one passion filled night and end up married, but end up going their separate ways. Thirteen years later Ridge finds Abigail to get a divorce. This is where I started losing interest. Abigail is suppose to be some ...more
Mara
Aug 11, 2012 Mara rated it did not like it
Shelves: pnr, dnf
I found it extremely flat and boring with a cardboard main couple. (Cardboard and completely untrue to the way they are written off.)

I stopped reading almost at the end, but really I couldn't care less to know if they had a future, whose son was Ryan etc. etc.. What a waste of my time.

Sandra has a more detailed explanation of this book's flaws: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

This is the second book of this author I read. I doubt I'll be reading a third.

Book Binge
Apr 11, 2012 Book Binge rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews-by-tracy
Thirteen years ago in Las Vegas Ridge Addison saved a witch from burning at the stake. That sounds like it means this book is a historical but it’s a contemporary paranormal. The witch is being burned by her lover – for reasons unknown at the time – and Ridge drives in and kicks some butt. Ridge and the saved witch, Abigail, then proceed to get rip roaring drunk, laugh their asses off and in a majorly stupid drunken move decide to get married…by Elvis. The couple consummate the marriage but thin ...more
Kathy
Zoe Tribley
I love Michele Hauf.
Any writing, any novel, involving her, I don't even doubt its potential.

The biggest thing that I love about her writing and her voice the most, is the tales that she strings up and invites us readers into- are always so tragic but simple, heartbreaking but perfect.

I'd be lying if I said that every novel I've read from her DIDN'T have some crucial component to it that wasn't predictable. But I admire how Michele Hauf takes the predictability and runs the hell away with it.
Maria Mercedes The Oracle Reviews
The Werewolf's Wife (Wicked Games #4)
Author: Michele Hauf
Narrator: Sasha Dunbrook
Length: 286 pages, File Size: 454KB, 7hrs 6min.
Publisher: Harlequin Nocturne March 20, 2012, Audio: Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd. April 1 2012

The legacy he must obey…
The child she must save…
The man who threatens to fulfill her every fantasy…
and break her heart.

Debbie Talbot
Mar 09, 2012 Debbie Talbot rated it really liked it
As a member of Literal Addiction Paranormal Book Club I have heard about Michelle Hauf and even chatted with her during a couple author chats, but had not read one of her books yet. I have a few and had planned on reading them many times but for some reason I just hadn’t done it. So when I was looking for a steamy shifter book Our LA Pack Alpha Chelle recommended one of Michelle Hauf’s from her Beautiful Creatures World. That day while looking at Netgalley I found The Werewolf’s Wife and was exc ...more
Stephanie
Mar 26, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Original Post Fangs,Wand & Fairy Dust.com March 26, 2012

Michelle's KISS ME DEADLY was one of the first books I downloaded on Kindle. While I liked the story I found the writing rushed and tilted towards the expository. THE WEREWOLF'S WIFE is unevenly pitched towards telling instead of showing and again feels rushed. I think Michelle is talented so it may be a limitation from the publisher that makes it necessary to use information dumping as a device.

Suspension of Disbelief:
Recently I pointe
Tahlia Newland
Jun 21, 2012 Tahlia Newland rated it liked it
The Werewolf’s Wife is a classic paranormal romance with all the hallmarks of the genre. There are no surprises in this book, but then, what romance reader doesn’t want everything to turn out the way they always hoped it would. At least when you read romance, you know the ending isn’t going to be horrible, and that’s a big part of what makes the genre a relaxing read.

The blurb
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 4
Blog Review For: Great Minds Think Aloud

Review:
"The Werewolf's Wife" by Michele Hauf was a good read for me. I really enjoyed it all. I was caught up in this novel from page one....definitely a 'Twilight' moment! Yes, it was long however, if you can stay with this storyline setting from Minnesota... I believe you will understand what the story is all about.

The hero and heroine was marv
Jody Vitek
Mar 05, 2012 Jody Vitek rated it really liked it
If you’re ready to grow up from the Twilight Saga, pick up this tantalizing book by Michele. You won’t want to put The Werewolf’s Wife down.
Ridge Addison – lumberjack, tall, muscular, principal of the Northern pack and, oh yeah, a werewolf too. Abigail Rowan – mother, has problems with electricity, a member of the Council and, did I mention, a fire witch out to save her kidnapped son, Ryan. Main setting – Minnesota – Lake Harriet neighborhood and the north woods.

Ridge wants to be leader of his p
Rhonda
May 12, 2012 Rhonda rated it liked it
3 STARS
I liked the story line but I felt I was missing a lot by not reading any of the previous books. Plus it had way too much sex scenes for me.
Ridge Addison is the leader of his pack but thier is only four members. To
get more he needs to find a wife so he can have a family and give his wolfs a family to be a part of.
Ridge is already married to a witch for one day. That had ended in a big fight that almost cut off the family jewels but it did stop him from fathering children.
Abigail was being
Judy
Mar 12, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
The Werewolf's Wife by Michele Hauf
I could not find this book listed as part of any series, but previous events that were mentioned had been in the book Her Vampire Husband. Ridge Addison was part of the Northern wolf pack. After he eventually had to kill his pack leader, he became the Principal. They have been losing members so his pack mate, Jason, suggests that Ridge marries and starts a family to bring members back. One problem. Ridge had gotten drunk one night in Vegas thirteen years ago an
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
You can find this review posted at Forever Book Lover.

I haven't read a paranormal shifter book in a very long time. The old saying, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", kept playing in my head while I was reading this. I saw the writing on the wall on this one, hmm... Seems like those quickie Vegas weddings just don't last, like they use to.

Ridge isn't able to be the "leader of the pack" until he cleans up some unfinished business. So off he goes looking for a witch, yes I mean that liter
Bodea
Mar 09, 2012 Bodea rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, netgalley
and big thanks to Netgalley!

I love Harelquins teens titles, but the adult stuff is a hit or miss with me. I feel if you've read one, you've read them all, but every now and then I find something that tickles my fancy. This is my first Michele Hauf novel. The synopsis had me intrigued so I thought I'd give it a try. Things started off a bit slow for me, but once I got about five chapters in, I felt like the story began to flow better.

I liked the plot. The action and suspense surrounding
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Feb 24, 2012 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it really liked it
We got to meet Ridge in Her Vampire Husband when he took over the pack he was part of. In The Werewolf’s Wife we learn more about what makes this sweet bad boy werewolf tick. About one wild night he spent in Vegas. You know the typical Vegas night. Save a witch from a firey death, get totally wasted with said witch, marry said witch, have some awesome sex, totally wolf out and almost get killed. But after that one night he has never seen his wife since then. Now Ridge is ready to start over, but ...more
Lisa Hall
Apr 24, 2012 Lisa Hall rated it liked it
After a man rescues a damsel in distress they go on into Vegas, get really drunk and really married and then he wolf's out and she runs away. Thirteen years later he becomes the principal of his wolf pack and Abigail is hiding her son, who she thinks was fathered by the fire witch Ridge rescued her from. Ridge seeks Abigail out for a long overdue divorce the day her son is kidnapped and having not gotten over her, agrees to help her once more, not knowing it's his son.

There are a few holes, but
Oct 05, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
This book isn't officially apart of a series but rather a one book spin-off. This book stands well on its own. This is the second book I have read by Michele Hauf. That being said, I enjoyed the big picture. I loved meeting Ryan near the end and how he responded to Ridge. I would have liked to know more about Abigail's past. I felt I didn't hate Miles as much as I should. Perhaps he was mysterious for too long. It was a good read that kept my interest. I loved the initial message to the reader d ...more
Squeak
May 28, 2013 Squeak rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were things I liked about this book and things I didn't. I liked the whole getting drunk in Vegas and getting married parts. I actually wished there was a bit more to that part, but that's okay. It was supposed to be back story, so ......
I didn't like the way the whole Miles situation worked out. Why not just let Ridge kill him. The author gave no reason for Abigail asking Ridge not to kill Miles, so why not?
I also understand that stress can lead someone to seek comfort in the arms of who
Kate
Dec 19, 2013 Kate rated it did not like it
Alpha wolf Ridge Addison left his wife in Las Vegas, vowing to put their one reckless night of passion behind him and return to his clan. Thirteen years later he needs a divorce so he can become pack leader. Yet he's never forgotten the sensuous witch whose life he saved…or the knee-buckling kisses he still craves.

After they parted, Abigail tried banishing Ridge from her memory. Now her heart belongs only to her son. But when the boy is kidnapped, she knows she alone can't save him. Though Abiga
Debbie Heaton
May 21, 2012 Debbie Heaton rated it liked it
In Hauf’s romantic suspense novel, Ridge Addison, alpha wolf, finds himself in need of a divorce. Thirteen years ago he married Abigail the witch in a quickie Las Vegas marriage that ended after one passion filled night. To have a family of his own and save his pack, he must find a mate and start a family.

After going their separate ways, Abigail tried to move on with her life and focus on her son, Ryan. But when Ryan is kidnapped, Ridge and Abigail team together to find the boy before addressing
Tracey
Nov 01, 2012 Tracey rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5
I really enjoyed this story of sexy Alpha werewolf Ridge Addison. To fulfil his role as Alpha Ridge is expected to marry and provide future pack members. No-one knows that he already is married to witch Abigail, the woman Ridge believes injured him to the extent that become a father seems impossible. He can't forget the pain of their wedding night - or the passion. When Abigail needs his help how can he refuse?
I engaged with this story from beginning to end. My only regret is that I
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Forever Claimed (The Claiming #3)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
  • Savage Redemption (Vampire #5)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • A Wolf's Heart (Valorian Chronicles #6)
  • Incubus
  • The Guardian (Nightwalkers #1)
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)
  • Dark Wolf Running (Bloodrunners, #5)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • Tiger Bound (Sentinels #4)
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over twenty years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cre
More about Michele Hauf...

Beautiful Creatures (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Dark Rapture (Beautiful Creatures, #1)
  • Wicked Angels
  • The Highwayman (Wicked Games #1)
  • Moon Kissed (Wicked Games #2)
  • Be My Valentine, Vampire (Wicked Games #2.2)
  • Cruel Enchantment (Wicked Games, #3.5)
  • Crave the Night
  • Moonspun (Wicked Games, #3.6)
  • Malakai (Wicked Games, #3.7)
  • The Dark's Mistress (The Saint-Pierres)