Start by marking “Betrothed (Vampire Journals, #6)” as Want to Read:
Betrothed (Vampire Journals, #6)

Betrothed (The Vampire Journals #6)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,475 ratings  ·  48 reviews
In BETROTHED (Book #6 in the Vampire Journals), Caitlin and Caleb find themselves, once again, back in time-this time, in the London of 1599. London in 1599 is a wild place, filled with paradoxes: while on the one hand it is an incredibly enlightened, sophisticated time, breeding playwrights like Shakespeare, on the other, it is also barbaric and cruel, with daily public e...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Morgan Rice

To ask other readers questions about Betrothed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrothed

Deborah
Same old, same old

If you've read book 3, 4 or 5 then you've read this, it's the same book, you maybe asking why under these circumstances I bothered to buy this book well I was an idiot I was so impressed with books 1 and 2 and I purchased the rest through to 8 and saved them up to read together which apart from the fact that it was too late to ask for a refund was also the worst idea in the history of bad ideas since they're basically all the same book. Caitlynn races through time Kyle goes aft...more
Connie Garcia
Yeah Thanks to the wonderful Morgan Rice this was free ebook for her fans that are on her newsletter started reading it as soon as I got the email.
Caitlin and Caleb and Sam and Polly are taken back to London 1599. Caitlin and Caleb and the too cute Ruth are together at the Westmister Abby. It took a minute for Caitlin to remember got me scared for a minute that she would not remember Caleb after all they have been thru but after a couple of minutes her memory started coming back like a computer...more
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Overall the story is fine, but it lacks real depth. Its very repetitive. So far most books have had at least one discovery in her quest to find her father and the sword/shield that will help them.. she is expecting to find something every time she gets to a destination.. so why is she "surprised by what she finds", "shocked by what she finds", "cant believe what she see's"?

That aside im also beginning to get rather irritated with Caitlin .. she claims she loves Caleb, yet repeatedly she flies of...more
Tiffany Michelon
That's it. I give up. I can no longer take it. As much as I'd like to know how the story ends, I can't take the writing style any longer. I barely skimmed the last third of this book, and even that was too much. I won't read any more books by this writer.
Sara Vaughan
I like the story, but can't stand the fact that there are so many editing mistakes throughout this entire series. Morgan Rice needs to fire her editor and find someone who can do a better job. The mistakes often distract me from the story.
1000 +
I've read ALL of the Vampire Journals by Morgan Rice and I've reviewed just about all of them too. (See the Reviews here: Book 1 - Turned, Book 2 - Loved, Book 3 - Betrayed, Book 4 - Destined, Book 5 - Desired)

This is Book # 6 in this series and I was excited for a couple reasons to get into this book. #1 - The Title. Betrothed means obviously someone is getting married and of course those somebodies should be Caitlin and Caleb. #2 - Caitlin and Caleb. I've enjoyed, for the most part, watching t...more
Brent Soderstrum
Volume 6 is a more enjoyable read then Volumes 4 and 5. Caitlin isn't nearly as dysfunctional and inmature as in the previous books. She still has her moments but this book doesn't dwell on it for 200 pages as the previous books have. Caitlin and Caleb are now back in London in 1599 still searching for the keys Caitlin's father left her. They have two keys already. Most of the characters from the previous books are also in London. A new character Scarlett is added. She is a human who Caitlin and...more
Jayd
Firstly, I have not read the previous books. I found this in my library and felt I had to read it. None of the others in the series were there.

Morgan needs to sack her editor, or more likely, if she doesn't have one, she needs one like NOW. She repeats herself a lot. Sometimes in the same sentence, and mostly in her description. This is distracting from the actual story. Also several times in the book she confuses characters. At one point there was a scene where Caitlin was alone and then sudde...more
Charlotte Hammersley
I re-read all five books so I could be sure I would not be lost in this one since it had been a while since I read the last one. Some of the writing is very good but could have been better without dragging for out so long. For example, when I want to read Shakespeare I will go directly to the source not read a partial play within a book. History is great in a novel unless it takes over the original story. That said, I do believe Miss Rice would love to time travel herself and would like to share...more
Millie
The usual. This series started off really promising and seemed not like the typical vampire book but then the series seemed to just go down hill from there. This book In particular bothered me as it was pretty much just the same as the past 3 books just in a different setting. At first I was like all excited about her finding her father but at times it seemed as though that was just a back up story for when she got dumped. I really liked that idea and was sort of hoping that it would focus more...more
Theresa
We see alot of how people lived in 16th century Britain. While alot of good things came out of that time i.e. Shakespere, life was not that pretty, even for the rich (think chamber pots and infrequent bathing). Vampire-created plagues don't help.

Though I love background history this was laid on a bit too thick. We almost don't catch how the clues are discovered.

But the storyline does emerge now and then. Caitlin and Caleb wake up and get their first clue. (How does the dog keep going back with...more
Cassandra Booth
Ok this is my summary here, this series is getting boring!!!!! Omg through like halfway through the book I am giving myself pep talks like "I have to finish this book!" And really I almost threw my nook into the walk but then remembered I have to pay for it to be fixed!!! I only read this book and the 2 other books because I wanted to know what would happen. Other than that I have started digging a hole in my backyard that I will fill with fire and a portal to the underworld a.k.a. Hell! I alrea...more
Leah M
I mean no disrespect to the author,but I was very disappointed with this book, I feel authors should just quit while they're ahead sometimes!!
I had myself all excited to read this book,for the time period 1599,the plague,all English horrible be -headings, prisoners impaled etc etc..... which is exciting to read lol
but,,,I was a tad disappointed it lacked oomph!
and the pages n pages of Shakespeare 's play,,, I just skipped it, sorry that's boring. The story of Caitlin and Caleb was missing alot...more
william  Goodrow
Betrothed

I really want to read the next book right away. This book kept me riveted from beginning to the end. Onto the new one with pleasure.
Mounika Lakkakula
wide range of emotions.new people new twists,newer way of story travelling...takes us along all the places they wrote.Liked Scarlet a lot.Well,who wouln't?
Iesha Bliss
I really love this story/series. It is a unique take on vampire fiction. I love how the story incorporates actual history and takes place all over. The reason that I am giving it only a 3 star is that I really am not a huge fan of the author's writing style. I feel like Morgan Rice is very repetitive and her descriptions all sound the same. I feel like I am reading the same thing over and over again. Like there is nothing new. Every Castle is described pretty much the same. Overall, I would reco...more
Amanda Lyko
I'm starting to wonder if there will ever be a good ending to this series!!!
Cadiva
She needs an editor or someone who actually knows English history and geography. Britain didn't exist in 1599, the kingdom of England and Wales did but Scotland was a separate country therefore no British guards at the Tower of London.
Leeds Castle is in Kent, therefore you don't go north from Windsor Castle to get to it. If, however, she meant the city of Leeds, it doesn't and hasn't ever had a castle. Other than that, the book's the same light easy to read quality as the previous ones.
Shawanda
I love all the Vampire Journal books but this one was a little harder to get through. I still love the journey that The characters are going through and I really loved the addition of Scarlet. I am really excited though to watch the growth of Sam and Polly. Just felt like that there was so much filler information. I am still going on to the next book because I am invested in these characters and want to know how it ends. Just sad to say out of the series this was my least favorite.
Terry
My rating of two stars is based on my feeling of watching Ground Hog Day while reading the book. I feel like it keeps repeating the same story over & over again. I just want to get to the end to see what happens.
Duran
Oct 09, 2011 Duran rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE WHO LIKES SUSPENSE
Recommended to Duran by: NO ONE
I just got book 6 yesterday and just finished it. It was awesom I could not put it down & to find at the end there is a book 7 coming soon ( I didn't even know I was at the end as I don't look at the page numbers); You are driving me crazy now with anticipation of the next book.
Your books are great please don't stop writing them. ANYONE WHO ENJOYS SUSPENSE BOOKS MORGAN RICE BOOKS ARE IT. Duran
Katie  Peace
Okay well I read this book a while ago but since the next book is coming out soon.. I LOVED THIS BOOK! haha my friends got mad at me because I wouldn't put it down. I got sooo into it that I would start yelling at the characters in the book when they did something stupid. It definately kept me on my toes and was verry addictive. Can't wait to read the next book and find out whats going to happen!!
Dottie Butterfield
I'm pretty certain Morgan rice could've wrapped this up in 4 books maybe even three. I'm continuing to read books 7&8 simply because after 6 books I'm committed & curious if there's a happy ending...of course there is but come on...what price will Sam pay for bringing Polly back? is there really a wedding on the horizon or will Kyle win? see too many unanswered questions so I'm forging on.
Cheryl
Kill...me...now! These are the absolute WORST reads I have ever come across...damn me for not giving up on a book/series until I am finished, once I start I have to push through until I am finished...and these books are so bad I literally quit reading period...they really are just that poorly written, my 5 year old tells better stories than this crap!
Lisa Kvam
Ok. I give up. A part if me wants to know how this series ends, but the other part of me can't continue the pain if reading such a poorly edited story. I'm not a picky reader, but even I, can't stand to read any more of this. Does she even have an editor? She constantly messes up on names, words, and the timeline. I just can't stand it anymore!
Norma Soper
I am a new reader to Morgan Rice (Started 30th December 2011) and I am on book #2 now. Book #1 I could not put it down and it seems that Book will keep me same way ( I am even sneaking a read at work). I have purchased all available books now so that I can go right from one to another so that I do not delay fiinding out more info.
Maya Barbery
Once more morgan Rice does a great job in taking you on a journey thru time. And also in developing eacch character. I love that she shares the history bit of it with you. I did feel that rewriting shakespear was overkill. hence onle 4 stars. Also a lot less gramatical errors!
Peter Andrews
historical sites are still fascinating, even better when you have been to these areas too. Proof reader?
Stephany
Finally! Caitlyn loses the drama! Most of our characters have grown up! This series just keeps getting better and better. The addition of Scarlet was a welcome addition, I can't wait to see how this all turns out. Waiting patiently for #7.
Heather
I got this book from the author and read it in a few hours. It is a great book. I couldn't put it down and can't wait till the next book happens. It ends in a real cliffhanger. I was searching the web for any information on the next book a three am.
  • Touched (The Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson Series One #4)
  • Taken (Vampire Legends, #2)
  • Blood Bond (Pulse, #5)
  • One Love (Vampire Love Story, #5)
  • Storm (Blood Haze, #2)
  • Sunrise of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #3)
  • Moon Child (Vampire for Hire, #4)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Coven Vampire, #6)
  • Daric's Mate (The Vampire Coalition, #5)
Morgan is author of the #1 Bestselling THE SORCERER'S RING, a new epic fantasy series, currently comprising four books and counting, which has been translated into five languages.

Morgan Rice is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, a young adult series comprising eight books, which has been translated into six languages.

Morgan is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE LEGA...more
More about Morgan Rice...
Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1) A Quest of Heroes (The Sorcerer's Ring, #1) Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2) A Feast of Dragons (The Sorcerer's Ring, #3) Betrayed (The Vampire Journals, #3)