Champion of the Fey (Champion of the Sidhe, #2)

Champion of the Fey (Champion of the Sidhe #2)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Champion of the Fey
(Champion of the Sidhe: Book 2)

The fey are Fading. Extinction is inevitable. Lugh, one of the few fey to survive the Collapse, is already beginning to suffer the effects. Only a long shot quest to recover the artifacts might be able to restore the source of fey magic. And the first artifact Lugh seeks is dead in the heart of wizard territory.
Published by Ravynheart Publishing (first published November 19th 2011)

The Book
The Mounds have collapsed and everything and everyone that Lugh, Champion of the Sidhe has ever known are gone forever. Or are they? In this second novella in The Champion of the Sidhe series, the story picks up after the devastating Collapse of the magical fey Realm called the Mounds depicted in the first book, "End of the World."

With the assistance of his loyal Scribe Willem, Lugh has figured out that a glimmer of hope exists in saving his people, the Sidhe. His noble campaign entails finding...more
Jennifer Bielman (Reading and Writing UF and PNR)
From: http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy....

At a Glance
Another great installment in this twisted sub-series, which is one/third of a super series. I like where these authors' minds go because they simply don't hold back.

The Good
I have to admit, Lugh was not my favorite character in this super series. He was arrogant in the first book, End of the World. But as his world collapsed by the fall of the fey mounds, I think his determination to bring life back to his race is admirable. Sure, he is s...more
The Reading List (Megan)
Sep 07, 2012 The Reading List (Megan) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to The Reading List by: Received copy from author for review
Summary:

In the second installment of Champion of the Sidhe series, Lugh is on the trail of a fey artifact that can possibly save the doomed fey race. It won't be easy, of course.

The pretty fey woman Lugh meets in the marketplace in Bristol seems almost too good to be true. She only wants to help him in his quest to save the fey race and rebuild the fey lands - the Mounds. It doesn't take Lugh long to realize that appearances can be deceiving, even among fey.

Review:

I tend to prefer the stories i...more
Ӄaȶ  McCarthy ~ Aeternum Designs
Since Part 2 includes Champion of the Fey, Addicted and Scars of Silver, I have reviewed them together.

Part 2 Should be read in this order:
1) Champion of the Fey (Champion of the Sidhe #2)
2) Addicted (Touched #2)
3) Scars of Silver (Rise of the Seelie #2)

This review will include spoilers if you haven’t read The Sidhe World – Part 1. Also, my review of Part 1 includes story world information and how the series is structured so you may want to have a read through that first. Just click here to rea...more
Kelly
Picking up Lugh's story with him hot on the trail of one of the fey artifacts that could keep the fey from fading, we're given more insight into Lugh and his way of thinking.From what I'm gleaned from his thought processes he either attacks from the side or seduces his way into the places he needs to be. Which sounds rather Unseelie to me. Oh, Lugh, are you more balanced between dark and light than you let on?

I am really, really enjoying watching this story unfold. Like Donovan (formerly known a...more
Home. Love. Books.
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.ufreviews.com

Disclaimer- this is a review of all three shorts in this Part, Champion of the Fey, Addicted, and Scars of Silver.
First off it's hard to review these without giving a lot a way of the prior stories. So much of what is the basis of these stories comes from the others, and so I obviously don't want to ruin them for you. Each one of these little short stories, is a super easy and fast read, I think they are all around 20...more
Melissa Hayden
Lugh has learned of where one of the artifacts he needs to try and create another fey realm is at, but getting to it could be tricky and dangerous for him. Going to get the artifact Lugh comes across a beautiful young woman who can see through his glamour, but could possibly get him close to the artifact.

This is where we really start to see Lugh in full action; sidhe sexy and fighting wise. Lugh feels like the "golden child" to me, which he is also named as for his magic with the sun. He is the...more
Deborah
Did not realize at first these were to be read in alternating order but once I figured it out the characters have a great depth can't wait to see what happens next!
Louise Hartwell
Louise Hartwell marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Shiva415
Shiva415 marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Jenn Ferris
Jenn Ferris marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Renee Winters
Renee Winters marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Jenae (Jeni)
Jenae (Jeni) marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Lavendersbluegreen
Lavendersbluegreen marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Bill Tillman
Bill Tillman marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Patricia Wilcoxen
Patricia Wilcoxen marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Heather Williams
Heather Williams marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Urban fantasy author. Chronicler of the fey. Addicted to Sidhe magic and vampire bites.
Fey Cast The story behind the story and fun stuff like music videos, casting calls, and excerpts.
The Sidhe Touch website Character profiles, series reading order, and other goodies.
Sign up for the fan club newsletter and get a free The Sidhe ebook.
More about S.A. Archer...
Cursed (Touched, #1) Aftershock (Rise of the Unseelie, #1) Enchanted (Touched, #3) End of the World (Champion of the Sidhe, #1) Eyes of Magic (Rise of the Unseelie, #3)