Start by marking “Open Door Invitation” as Want to Read:
Open Door Invitation
read book

Open Door Invitation

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  511 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Every single woman knows at least a few basic safety rules. First, don’t talk the strangers. Second, don’t invite strangers into your home. Sometimes, however, a lonely woman gets comfortable and after darkness falls, lets those rules slide. But with the darkness, if one believes in such things, might come creatures of the night. Throw an open door invitation into the mix, ...more
ebook, Smashwords
Published November 18th 2011 by Dee Carney (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Open Door Invitation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open Door Invitation

Yami
Gasp and ay, yay, yay the girl is Friggin' crazy is all I can say.

I only wish this book wasn't sooo short!!!! I mean common'; talk about leaving you wanting more.
Such a tease! But erotic wow and daring, "with a total stranger".

He even warned her to be careful, but it was more of an interruption to her mid-sentence while inviting him in.

Once he said Lucien...I just said, te jodistes! You fudged up, too late!

0.0
Talina Collier
This short story was better than I had expected it to be. I could almost feel the single woman's emotions and the touch and caresses of the man. I was really into this story. It is very moving in a way that makes a woman want this type of sexual adventure with her man. Excellent story! I can't wait to read more from Dee Carney!
Tilequa
It wasn't a bad short story I just wished it was longer thats the only reason I have it four stars cause I know I would have liked it better if there was a real story line to back it up
chucklesthescot
I downloaded this free from Smashwords (I think it was) and thought it was a paranormal tale with perhaps a touch of horror with the psycho coming to the house to attack the stupid woman. It was only when I started reading it that I realised it was probably one of those erotic stories with what I think of as dumb ass female characters in them and psycho males. Did not finish!
Caro
This wasn't really that interesting. I didn't really care for the story line but the steamy scene was written ok. (another Kindle freebie, ought to at least try it...right?) I didn't really like the way that scene was portrayed though (more crass than sensual). Overall, I wouldn't read this again, at all. However, I was really against reading the excerpt (from Hunger Aroused) but did for nothing else to read at the time. I actually enjoyed reading it and wouldn't mind reading the actual book. I ...more
Katie
Hot! I will definitely be buying more books by this author. Captivating intro with subtle world building that you can't put down. Great character building for such a short story.
Shelli Black Rose
That was an intense 5 minutes! Great story, but I would have loved it to be longer. Much longer! It makes an excellent opening to a novel, for sure.
Yianna Yiannacou
This free short story is just one of those times where I want to smack my forehead.

This story is basically about a young woman who lives alone and always leaves her door open. One day she sees a stranger at her door and it frightened but he never came in. he warned her not to leave her door open like that again. She did it again and he came back. She was turned on by him – not frightened for her life like a normal person would be. It was a very predictable story. I knew right away how it was go
Jessica Dean
The story was lacked a lot of everything. It didn't leave me ready for a sequel.
Sali
Ohhhhh I wish this was a full length novel !!!
The writing was wonderful
Vampyre Groupie
Open Door Invitation is a very short and very simple short story; vampire hero and human heroine meet, have sex then the vampire decides he wants to have a companion, because he’s lonely. The end. Oh, and the heroine is just simply TSTL. I mean, what woman (who lives alone) doesn’t close the door after dark? Especially after she finds a strange man standing at her open door. Twice. All in all, I’m not unhappy I read Open Door Invitation, but I’m really glad I didn’t pay for it.
RachelvlehcaR
She isn't a smart lady, then again, it's a story that is paranormal, so there you go. It's a free book so I'm just happy I didn't pay money for this one.
Crystal
When I first started reading this book I couldn't understand what it was really about and then I started thinking. What kind of paranormal needs to have permission to enter a house? One that I love to read about. I did enjoy this book. I was just left with how things worked out later.
Michala Tyann
I can't say a whole lot of good or bad about this short story. Timing of it was rushed until the beginning of the end but it's understandable as its a short story. The closure was okay. And the last scene made me smile. Not very plausible storyline...what woman wouldn't be freaked if a stranger came to her open door. Being erotica, I've read better and I've read worse. Three stars...maybe 3.5 because it wasn't awful.
Jayne dArcy
VERY short story but the author has other, longer stories.

This is vampire smut and it is graphic. So if this is what you are looking for here it is. What I really did like, though, is that the author created a strong atmosphere that you could step into.

And, you really should not leave your door open.
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
I think it is a good think I did not pay to read this one... this one is just a bit to out there for me and as I have said, I don't do vampire books so this left a lot to be desired with that first draw of blood... I did read the entire story as it was short, but was not overly impressed with it. I guess I just could not find anything "real" to relate to in this story so it didn't leave me wanting more.
Sandra
This is a good little paranormal short, although it's not immediately apparent that it's paranormal. I skimmed through the set-up but it needed to be there to explain the later events. To be honest it could have ended 2 pages earlier with a mysterious HFN ending and that would have been great, we don't always need the HEA.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
First of all let me just say that this would be a great start to a story. It is only about ten pages long. There's no time to connect with a character and one of them doesn't even have a name. I am sure if this were a lot longer it could be simply amazing, but as it stands I feel like it could be so much more.
Amber Rose
Seen this on Amazon for free... Figured mid as well give it a shot.

For being only 10 pages it got me wanting more. The plot was okay. But the ending just left me hanging. I am really hoping there might be another book that takes place after the end scene, since I have it stuck in my head now....

Jeana Todd
Cute, steamy, short story! This is a perfect read if you need something for you break!
Twin Opinions
It was okay for a short. It skips around a lot and leaves you with questions of the main character.
For full review click below
Patricia
Not to bad for a short story. I think I would have liked a bit more added to the story yet it did make me curious to other books this author wrote. So she succeeded in me buying her book Hunger Aroused.
Angie
Not a read for everyone obviously for many reasons , but I must say I found it most enjoyable . Predictable in some ways , but gives one a feeling of actually being there !
Michelle
Super short story. Well written, descriptive without being drawn out. I personally wouldn't read it again but it was entertaining for the few minutes it took to read it.
Melissa Levine
I liked the story overall, even though it was so short. Not much of a fan of the word 'pussy' though. Something about it just grosses me out. Either way very good!
 Bella Marie
I dont normally read this kind of books but after 59 shades of grey I started reading them. I liked it. Really liked it. It was too short but worth reading it.
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
Short story that gave no character background, no real plot and no climax other than the one the main character had before the end. Very incomplete.
Denise
Erotic short story. I usually don't read short stories, but this one was quite good. I liked the story. The characters were good. Recommended
Sharon
An open door invitation brings in a vampire. A one night stand that will last a very long lifetime. Short. But a good storyteller.
Cat
Aug 29, 2012 Cat rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Um, quite an interesting story, although it was too short. Surely it could be larger with more details, in-between and at the end, too.
  • Soul Mates Kiss (Witching Call, #1)
  • Dominic (A Vampire Biker Series) Season 1 Episode 1 (Disciples of the Damned)
  • Taken  by the Storm (Ontarian Chronicles, # 1)
  • Fate (Timeless Trilogy #1)
  • Help Wanted (Fantasy Heights, #1)
  • Witch's Bell Book One (The Adventures of Ebony Bell, #1)
  • All in Time
  • A Month with Werewolves
  • The Wolf Ring (Wolf Ring, #1)
  • Committed: An Erotic Valentine's Tale
  • Fury (Otherkin, #1)
  • Bound To The Billionaire (The Girl Who Can't Say No, #1)
  • 24 Bones
  • Duty and Desire: Military Erotic Romance
  • H.T. Night's 8 Book Vampire Box Set
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Day of Sacrifice: The Prophecy (Day of Sacrifice, #1)
  • Ferus (Heku #6)
Dee writes erotic romances in the urban fantasy, paranormal and contemporary genres. She also writes erotica under the pen name, Morgan Sierra.

Dee began writing short stories in middle school, but did not attempt completion of a novel until almost ten years later—which despite good intentions was never finished. Almost ten additional years later, she challenged herself to begin writing again, and
More about Dee Carney...
Undercover Lovers Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1) Keeping Pace Hunger Revealed (Vampire Hunger #1.5) Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)