Start by marking “Open Door Invitation” as Want to Read:
Open Door Invitation

Read Book

Open Door Invitation

3.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  661 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Every single woman knows at least a few basic safety rules. First, don’t talk the strangers. Second, don’t invite strangers into your home. Sometimes, however, a lonely woman gets comfortable and after darkness falls, lets those rules slide. But with the darkness, if one believes in such things, might come creatures of the night. Throw an open door invitation into the mix, ...more
ebook, Smashwords
Published November 18th 2011 by Dee Carney (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Open Door Invitation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open Door Invitation

Meleka Taylor
Apr 19, 2015 Meleka Taylor rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not interested

I am reviewing Open Invitation and the excerpt of Hunger Aroused. I didn't enjoy them at all. These stories weren't erotic to me and they were about vampires. There is nothing wrong with writing stories about vampires but it seemed like that detail was just thrown in there. The descriptions of anything in these tales didn't spark my imagination. It seemed like the author were just describing things with words she wanted to throw out there. There was no rhythm or reason. If these bo
M3tamorphasis11
Nov 20, 2012 M3tamorphasis11 rated it it was ok
Gasp and ay, yay, yay the girl is Friggin' crazy is all I can say.

I only wish this book wasn't sooo short!!!! I mean common'; talk about leaving you wanting more.
Such a tease! But erotic wow and daring, "with a total stranger".

He even warned her to be careful, but it was more of an interruption to her mid-sentence while inviting him in.

Once he said Lucien...I just said, te jodistes! You fudged up, too late!

0.0
Talina Collier
Sep 14, 2012 Talina Collier rated it it was amazing
This short story was better than I had expected it to be. I could almost feel the single woman's emotions and the touch and caresses of the man. I was really into this story. It is very moving in a way that makes a woman want this type of sexual adventure with her man. Excellent story! I can't wait to read more from Dee Carney!
Tilequa
Dec 27, 2012 Tilequa rated it liked it
It wasn't a bad short story I just wished it was longer thats the only reason I have it four stars cause I know I would have liked it better if there was a real story line to back it up
chucklesthescot
I downloaded this free from Smashwords (I think it was) and thought it was a paranormal tale with perhaps a touch of horror with the psycho coming to the house to attack the stupid woman. It was only when I started reading it that I realised it was probably one of those erotic stories with what I think of as dumb ass female characters in them and psycho males. Did not finish!
Caro
Jan 31, 2013 Caro rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't really that interesting. I didn't really care for the story line but the steamy scene was written ok. (another Kindle freebie, ought to at least try it...right?) I didn't really like the way that scene was portrayed though (more crass than sensual). Overall, I wouldn't read this again, at all. However, I was really against reading the excerpt (from Hunger Aroused) but did for nothing else to read at the time. I actually enjoyed reading it and wouldn't mind reading the actual book. I ...more
Katie
Aug 30, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
Hot! I will definitely be buying more books by this author. Captivating intro with subtle world building that you can't put down. Great character building for such a short story.
Moira
Oct 22, 2015 Moira rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aj, urbanky
12.9.2015 - 2*
Huh.
Moje první reakce po dočtení: ???
Kdybych nikdy nenarazila na urbanky, upíry atd atp., možná by to mělo šanci. Možná. oO
Shelli Black Rose
That was an intense 5 minutes! Great story, but I would have loved it to be longer. Much longer! It makes an excellent opening to a novel, for sure.
Yianna Yiannacou
Sep 05, 2012 Yianna Yiannacou rated it liked it
This free short story is just one of those times where I want to smack my forehead.

This story is basically about a young woman who lives alone and always leaves her door open. One day she sees a stranger at her door and it frightened but he never came in. he warned her not to leave her door open like that again. She did it again and he came back. She was turned on by him – not frightened for her life like a normal person would be. It was a very predictable story. I knew right away how it was go
Jessica Dean
Jun 21, 2014 Jessica Dean rated it it was ok
The story was lacked a lot of everything. It didn't leave me ready for a sequel.
Sali
Jun 15, 2014 Sali rated it really liked it
Ohhhhh I wish this was a full length novel !!!
The writing was wonderful
Big
Mar 16, 2016 Big rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Close your doors woman! Short, dark, sweaty. Very nice....
Vampyre Groupie
Open Door Invitation is a very short and very simple short story; vampire hero and human heroine meet, have sex then the vampire decides he wants to have a companion, because he’s lonely. The end. Oh, and the heroine is just simply TSTL. I mean, what woman (who lives alone) doesn’t close the door after dark? Especially after she finds a strange man standing at her open door. Twice. All in all, I’m not unhappy I read Open Door Invitation, but I’m really glad I didn’t pay for it.
Crystal
Jan 02, 2014 Crystal rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this book I couldn't understand what it was really about and then I started thinking. What kind of paranormal needs to have permission to enter a house? One that I love to read about. I did enjoy this book. I was just left with how things worked out later.
Michala Tyann
Oct 12, 2013 Michala Tyann rated it liked it
I can't say a whole lot of good or bad about this short story. Timing of it was rushed until the beginning of the end but it's understandable as its a short story. The closure was okay. And the last scene made me smile. Not very plausible storyline...what woman wouldn't be freaked if a stranger came to her open door. Being erotica, I've read better and I've read worse. Three stars...maybe 3.5 because it wasn't awful.
Jayne dArcy
May 13, 2014 Jayne dArcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VERY short story but the author has other, longer stories.

This is vampire smut and it is graphic. So if this is what you are looking for here it is. What I really did like, though, is that the author created a strong atmosphere that you could step into.

And, you really should not leave your door open.
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
I think it is a good think I did not pay to read this one... this one is just a bit to out there for me and as I have said, I don't do vampire books so this left a lot to be desired with that first draw of blood... I did read the entire story as it was short, but was not overly impressed with it. I guess I just could not find anything "real" to relate to in this story so it didn't leave me wanting more.
Sandra
Feb 04, 2012 Sandra rated it liked it
This is a good little paranormal short, although it's not immediately apparent that it's paranormal. I skimmed through the set-up but it needed to be there to explain the later events. To be honest it could have ended 2 pages earlier with a mysterious HFN ending and that would have been great, we don't always need the HEA.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Oct 30, 2012 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it it was ok
First of all let me just say that this would be a great start to a story. It is only about ten pages long. There's no time to connect with a character and one of them doesn't even have a name. I am sure if this were a lot longer it could be simply amazing, but as it stands I feel like it could be so much more.
Amber Rose
Jan 31, 2013 Amber Rose rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
Seen this on Amazon for free... Figured mid as well give it a shot.

For being only 10 pages it got me wanting more. The plot was okay. But the ending just left me hanging. I am really hoping there might be another book that takes place after the end scene, since I have it stuck in my head now....

Jeana Todd
Jun 16, 2014 Jeana Todd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Cute, steamy, short story! This is a perfect read if you need something for you break!
Twin Opinions
Oct 08, 2013 Twin Opinions rated it liked it
It was okay for a short. It skips around a lot and leaves you with questions of the main character.
For full review click below
Patricia
May 07, 2013 Patricia rated it liked it
Not to bad for a short story. I think I would have liked a bit more added to the story yet it did make me curious to other books this author wrote. So she succeeded in me buying her book Hunger Aroused.
Angie
Not a read for everyone obviously for many reasons , but I must say I found it most enjoyable . Predictable in some ways , but gives one a feeling of actually being there !
Michelle
Mar 22, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-completed
Super short story. Well written, descriptive without being drawn out. I personally wouldn't read it again but it was entertaining for the few minutes it took to read it.
Melissa Levine
Jul 26, 2015 Melissa Levine rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I liked the story overall, even though it was so short. Not much of a fan of the word 'pussy' though. Something about it just grosses me out. Either way very good!
RachelvlehcaR
She isn't a smart lady, then again, it's a story that is paranormal, so there you go. It's a free book so I'm just happy I didn't pay money for this one.
 Bella Marie
Nov 06, 2012 Bella Marie rated it really liked it
I dont normally read this kind of books but after 59 shades of grey I started reading them. I liked it. Really liked it. It was too short but worth reading it.
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
Jun 22, 2012 djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
Short story that gave no character background, no real plot and no climax other than the one the main character had before the end. Very incomplete.
  • Dominic (A Vampire Biker Series) Season 1 Episode 1 (Disciples of the Damned)
  • Taken by the Storm (Ontarian Chronicles, # 1)
  • Soul Mates Kiss (Witching Call, #1)
  • Lucien and Serenity
  • White Wedding
  • Day of Sacrifice: The Prophecy (Day of Sacrifice, #1)
  • The Wolf Ring (Wolf Ring, #1)
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • All in Time
  • The Centurion and the Queen
  • Committed: An Erotic Valentine's Tale
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • Born of Fire (Channeler, #0.5)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Ferus (Heku #6)
Dee is a best-selling, award winning author of erotic romances in the urban fantasy, paranormal and contemporary genres. She also writes erotica under the pen name, Morgan Sierra.

Dee began writing short stories in middle school, but did not attempt completion of a novel until almost ten years later—which despite good intentions was never finished. Almost ten additional years later, she challenged
More about Dee Carney...