Wrong Side of Hell (League of Guardians, #0.5)

Wrong Side of Hell (League of Guardians 0.5)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  42 reviews
With battle lines drawn and evil forces gathering in the shadows, the league of guardians is all that stands between chaos and the human realm...
Logan Winters, an elite hellhound shifter, wants to forget his allegiance to the League and the pain he's suffered because of it. But when he's ordered to retrieve Kira Dove from purgatory and bring her back to life, he can't refu...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Harpercollins

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Side of Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Side of Hell

Insurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareFinale by Becca FitzpatrickThe Golden Lily by Richelle MeadPandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Most Anticipated reads for 2012
349th out of 467 books — 810 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Revealed by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. Ward
Paranormal Romance
83rd out of 86 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

~J~ Riverina Romantics
Take one sexy as sin alpha hellhound and one sassy woman in need of help, spin the tale together with a brilliantly funny author and what you get is a truly fantastic book.

And it was only 100 pages!!

This was my first Juliana Stone read and I was honestly blown away with her writing style. It was extremely easy to read, continuously exciting and quite simply a joy to read from start to finish.

It wasn’t frilly with butterflies and daisies and skipping in the sunshine, it was rough and gritty. Lo...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
I’ve been a fan of the fabulous Juliana Stone for a couple years now and have been eagerly anticipating this series since the first Jaguar book, His Darkest Hunger, when the tall, dark and sexy sorcerer Declan O’Hara first graced the pages. This isn’t his book, Wicked Road to Hell, but when Juliana asked me to read the prequel I jumped at the chance!

Wrong Side of Hell is a dark and edgy journey through purgatory with two souls that are destined for each other. But we don’t know that at first… Lo...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
read review on demonlover's

Bill the Seraphim has tasked Logan with retrieving a soul from Purgatory. Logan’s a Hellhound, and his kind are made for escorting souls to certain levels of the Otherworld. But Logan feels he’s done his duty, above and beyond, and wants nothing more than to enjoy his good Canadian whiskey. But Bill has other plans.

Kira is dead. Her body is in the morgue at the Institution she’s spent the last 15 years of her life in. And the catalyst for her insanity? Being escorted t...more
Marlene
Wrong Side of Hell by Juliana Stone is a teaser novella for her new League of Guardians series. If you are one of the readers who is duly teased by this link between Stone's Jaguar Warrior series and this one, don't worry, you won't have a long wait. The first League book, Wicked Road to Hell, will be released on April 24.

I was definitely teased. This was a terrific introduction to a new series!

Logan Winters is one of the baddest of all "bad boys". He's a hellhound. His job on Earth is to pick u...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Wonderful novella about a hellhound and a love that he thought would be forbidden to him. Completely engaging, one of the best novella’s I have read.

Opening Sentence: For millennia the struggle between light and dark, between the upper and lower realms, has been policed by a secret group of warriors culled from every fabric of existence.

The Review:

Logan Winters is a hellhound shapeshifter. His job is to escort souls to hell. Fifteen years be...more
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I don't know how to review this novella. I honestly had a hard time following the plot. The novella is only 100 pages but it took more than a week for me to read. I kept putting the book down because I had no idea what was going on.

I have no idea what the premise is for this new series. I know that the novella is to set everything up for the first full length novel in the League of Guardians series but I don't think it did a very good job. I felt that this series is a spin-off of Stone's Jaguar...more
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I'm not really sure what to think about this novella. While it kept my attention and I liked the characters, I found myself a little confused and not at all sure what was happening throughout the story. I'm not sure if it's because this is a novella and the author just didn't have enough time to flesh everything out, or if it was meant to be that way. Maybe we'll get more answers throughout the series? Either way, I did find this a quick and i...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
**3.5 stars**

This is the prequel for the League of Guardians series and is centered around Logan, a hellhound, and Kira, a human. Logan is sent to the "grey realm" to bring Kira's soul back to Earth after she was viciously killed. Logan and Kira have history with each other and while Logan knows some of the reasons for them meeting, Kira has been left in the dark and been labeled as "crazy" due to their encounter.

This book had a bit of a slow start for me and I think a lot of it was due just to...more
Brenda
I love Juliana Stone's writing style, and preordered Wrong Side of Hell for my Kindle. It was dark, compelling and edgy. Kira and Logan are complicated characters, living lives without happiness. Kira has been raped and abused, then murdered. Logan is dark, focused and feral. His mission is to bring Kira back from purgatory so she can live again. Getting in and out is the tricky part, or so he thinks. He doesn't count on Kira refusing to follow his orders blindly without answers to her quetions....more
Erin
skipped a lot of this novella. really just wanted it to end.
Lea
For millennia the struggle between light and dark, between the upper and lower realms, has been policed by a secret group of warriors culled from every fabric of existence. They are both otherworld and human, male and female. They are known to each other as the League of Guardians. Their pledge, to protect the line between dominions and make sure neither side grows too powerful. If they should fall, so shall the earth, the heavens, and hells. And there will be no more.

Wrong Side of Hell © Juli
May Mostly Romance
Wrong Side of Hell ของจูเลียนา สโตน

เล่มนี้ถือเป็นเรื่องสั้นที่เปิดหนังสือชุดใหม่ที่มีชื่อว่า A League of Guardians ซึ่งเป็นองค์กรลับสุดยอดที่รวมเอาเผ่าพันธุ์ต่าง ๆ ไว้ด้วยกัน ทำหน้าที่รักษาสมดุลระหว่างโลกมนุษย์, นรก, และสวรรค์ เล่มนี้เป็นเล่มเปิดชุด แต่ก็ไม่ได้ให้รายละเอียดเกี่ยวกับองค์กรนี้ไว้ชัดเจนหรอกนะคะ ซึ่งนี่คือปัญหาที่เรารู้สึกได้อย่างชัดเจนในงานเขียนของจูเลียนา สโตน นั่นก็คือโลกที่เธอสร้างขึ้นมีโครงสร้างที่ล่องลอย ไม่มีหลักการที่คนอ่านจะยึดจับเป็นรูปธรรมได้ เหมือนอยากจะใส่อะไรเข้าไปก็ใส...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
3.5 Stars
15 years ago, Logan took a big risk by rescuing a 10 year-old girl from Hell. As a hellhound, it was always his job to bring souls to the realm, not from it. But at the request of the Seraphim Bill, he took the risk. And he was punished for it extensively.

Now Bill is back, drafting Logan to help the girl once again. Kira is a grown woman now, but someone has killed her and Bill wants Logan to rescue her soul from Purgatory. And he's not above a little blackmail to get the job done.

Kira...more
Melissa
This review was first posted at the Just A Reader review blog.

Wrong Side of Hell is a novella featuring a hellhound shapeshifter named Logan and a human named Kira who find themselves trapped and hunted in Purgatory. It is the second time Kira has found herself dead – the first as a little girl who was rescued by her very own hero only to be considered mentally ill for talking about her experiences. She has been locked up in a mental hospital for years wh...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
As with Wicked Road to Hell I kept wondering if I’ve missed something by having not read the Jaguar books. I need to read that series to find out exactly who went Hell, why they went to Hell, and what ends were met by doing so. I fully intend to read the three Jaguar books before I read the next full length novel in the League of Guardians series.

Apparently Logan and Kira have already made one trip into Hell. She was a child at the time. Her memories of the event have left her family believing...more
Deborah
A kick-ass start to Juliana Stone's new League of Guardians series.
Logan Winters is a hell hound, a delivery man who escorts souls to the different realms of Hell. Fifteen years ago he did a favor for Askelon ( aka Bill) by rescuing a ten year old girl from purgatory. As penance for his good deed Logan was sentenced to a lengthy stay in the Pit. Not exactly a vacation in paradise which explains Logan's bitterness. Now the same girl has been murdered again & Bill insists that Logan save her....more
Lisarenee
"For millennia the struggle between light and dark, between the upper and lower realms, has been policed by a secret group of warriors culled from every fabric of existence. They are both otherworld and human, male and female. They are known to each other as the League of Guardians. Their pledge, to protect the line between dominions and make sure neither side grows too powerful. If they fall, so shall the earth, the heavens and hells. And there will be no more."

Logan Winters is a hellhound. Hi...more
Nadya
Jan 08, 2013 Nadya rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nadya by: Listopia
Actual Rating is 2.5 stars

Don't get me wrong I LOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEDDD Logan. As a character he was outstanding. He wasn't those out and out evil supernatural or goody two shoes characters we keep finding in stuff like Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate he's human-- OK human enough that he goes drinking in a dive bar--
But that's where the like ends and my disappointment in Ms Stone begins.
Second only to about a trillion other YA heroines in 2012 this Dove chick sucks balls big, gigantic, hairy balls at that and while I'm not...more
Ellen
I had some issues with this mainly that in the Gray Realm where Logan repeatedly tells Kira she will die, forever if he doesn't get her out of there she refuses to listen because he's busy trying to save her life and not sitting down to explain everything. At one point she runs off on him only to be relieved when he shows up to save her. I'd say it was a TSTL move but she was already dead.
Also the question of Logan's mother is a horrible tease. And we never find out who she is.

The problem with t...more
Madison
Apr 04, 2012 Madison rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Madison by: Avon
This was my first experience with a book by Juliana Stone and I was immediately hooked! She has given us well rounded, complex characters who draw us in with their emotions and thoughts. This being the first novella in the League of Guardians, can only mean the entire series will rock! Can you say 'Bestseller'?
I loved the fast-paced action and humanization of this story. Every page had me on the edge of my seat wanting more. I honestly could not choose a 'favorite' character, because even the v...more
Amy
Juliana Stone has created her best work yet.

Mix together a story that is dark, gritty, and has the feel of a nightmare you can't escape with a romance brimming with steamy on-the-edge sensuality and you've got yourself a sexier than hell paranormal romance in WRONG SIDE OF HELL. I've been a fan of Juliana Stone through her Jaguar Warrior series but I have to say that she outdid herself with this novella. Novellas can be difficult to write because of the constraints of word count and the desire...more
Steph
While I enjoyed the majority of this short intro into Stone's League of Guardians, I'm thinking maybe it should have been published after book 1, Wicked Road to Hell, which is due out later this month. The storyline was a bit confusing maybe because the story was short and we had little to go on regarding the world building. I did, however, enjoy the basics and look forward to her new series.

Note to self: Maybe I should'a read her Jaguar Warriors series before starting the spin-off? Dunno.

Marianne
A hellhound with a secret gets blackmailed into fetching a woman back from purgatory by a seraphim, the leader of a group of guardians. Incidentally this is the same girl that landed him in in the Pit for 1500 years the first time he rescued her, so naturally this is one job he would like to avoid... Especially since the girl is mentally broken already.
Only this time, the little girl has grown up to be a beautiful woman...

This is the prequel to a new series. Unfortunately we get no real resolut...more
Marisella
Audrey
It was ok. I think I'm more excited to read on to Declan and Ana's story :D
Kristi Davis
This was my first intro into the League of Guardians and I was completely blow away. I didn't realize it was a novella at first when I got the e-copy and when it ended, I felt bewildered and lost! I wanted more!

You can read the description above of what the book was about but I was drawn in by Kira and figuring out with her where in the heck she was going!

LOVE love love the way Logan kept calling her Dove. I know it's her last name but... hello pet name!

I'm off to explore where I can get more...more
Jamie
Let me start by saying I don't like novellas. I like full stories, not abbrevated versions. I have heard a lot of good things about this series. So...I had to try it. Even the novella. And I'm so glad I did. I really liked how the author told her story and the world is different from the authors. The characters seemed a little shallow but then it's a novella and there can't be a lot time for depth, but it also didn't lack action. The next book came in the mail today. And I can't wait to start it...more
Kerrie Strong
I love me a bad boy! Especially one who is redeemed by his love (swoon). I will likely read more of the League of Guardians series, though this book did take me a bit to get into-- I am not familiar with the author's previous books so had no background for this particular story line (though I am familiar with paranormal romance genre in general). I liked the idea of shapeshifting hellhounds, that was intriguing. And I am looking forward to reading more about this couple; I do wish the book were...more
Savannah Miller
This is a great starter novella!
Logan Winters is a hell hound and must save Kira Dove who is a bit of a mystery. The book takes you through their journey with Logan trying to pull Kira out of hell and bring her back to the world of the living. It was just a teaser for her new League of Guardians series but if got me hooked. Lots of paranormal elements. But I warn you the end lets you hanging and dieing to know what happens!
S.J. Clarke
This was a wonderful introduction to this new series by Juliana Stone. Edgy, hot and packed with action, Stone takes us inside her world where the lines between reality and illusion are blurred. It's a great lead in to the first full-length installment of the A League of Guardians series. Though each book stands alone, I highly recommend you start with this novella. Why would you want to miss out on a single moment?
  • Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum #2)
  • The Rancher and the Rock Star
  • Dire Warning (Eternal Wolf Clan, #0.5)
  • Deliver Me from Darkness (Paladin Warriors, #1)
  • Before the Fall (Dark Breed, #0.5)
  • Wicked Edge (Castle of Dark Dreams, #5)
  • Protector's Mate (Werewolf Mates, #2)
  • Lust Plague (Steamwork Chronicles, #2)
  • The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels, #2)
  • Creating Fate (Unspun, #1)
  • Kiss of Wrath (Deadly Angels, #4)
  • Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)
  • Desperately Seeking Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #4.5)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)
  • Hearts of Fire (Deadglass, #0.5)
Juliana Stone’s love of the written word and 80s rock, have inspired her in more ways than one. She writes contemporary romance, paranormal romance and will debut a young adult novel in 2014. She spends her days navigating a busy life that includes, a husband, kids, a dog and a cat.
More about Juliana Stone...
Offside (The Barker Triplets, #1) Collide (The Barker Triplets, #2) Conceal (The Barker Triplets, #3) His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1) The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)

“About how their song had never sounded so sweet.

And of the man who held her.

Of how it felt as if he was the home she’d never had.”
3 likes