Start by marking “Hot Summer” as Want to Read:
Hot Summer

Hot Summer

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  627 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Contemporary romance:

A hot-tempered spitfire and a sexy, arrogant man - put them together and sparks fly!

After her first embarrassing encounter Summer Jones vows to stay away from suave record producer, Lance Munroe. But then she ends up working for the man. Her quick temper and sharp tongue keep landing her in hot water with him but no matter how hard she tries she can't
Published (first published September 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Summer

Twilight by Stephenie MeyerWicked by Gregory MaguireThe Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. TolkienNightfall by L.J. SmithWuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Books That You Couldn't Finish
127th out of 261 books — 121 voters
Yours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleyThe Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny HanIt's Not Summer Without You by Jenny HanWe'll Always Have Summer by Jenny HanEndless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Best Summer Romance Books
107th out of 114 books — 111 voters

More lists with this book...

Summer Jones learned long ago that she had to stand up for herself if she wanted to get anywhere in life, although sometimes her scalding bite could be detrimental especially in the case of her jobs. When Summer is offered a job by a popular record producer, she questions his motives since he has experienced first hand the receiving end of her temper.

Lance is drawn to Summer, her blunt demeanor and hard work ethic call out to him. He can't deny the chemistry either, but Summer is sending mixed s
Feb 26, 2014 Emily rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
First, if a cover has a picture of the characters, that's how I tend to imagine them. So, with that said, I struggled with my depiction of the characters. The Amazon ebook is of a white woman with straight brown hair. In the book she's described as having coppery curls. I also thought she might be black.

Though it was not directly stated, I kind of assumed the characters(at least the hero and his cousin) to be dark skinned Jamaicans. So, I'm picturing them this way, and the another format shows
Great idea for a story, but not totally executed. Kind of a rambling mess for parts and parts were really enjoyable and even a little funny. Could have been done a lot better. Summer was a good character, but she seemed confused about who she was and who she wanted to become throughout the whole book.

This book was cute. Steady pace that didn't really have a lot of dragged out moments. Summer and Lance hate each other when they first meet. As the story progresses they become friends and fall in love.

The story was very good but I wanted to shake some sense into Summer. She is very independent and let's no one intimidate her which can be a good thing. But I found her forward attitude annoying. She was late to work her first day by 12 minutes and has the audacity to get mad at her new boss
10914 Reviews
Everybody loves a good romance! The romance between Lance and Summer was sort of mild compared to the books I have read in the past, but it was still that one story you always believe in because you love to see other people fall in love, or you love to see other people find happiness. The characters were quite simple, while I learned things about them, I didn't fall in love with the characters like I did with the characters from the other books that I have read. However, I will say that this boo ...more
Bridget Bowers
The story of Summer Jones and her temper was a great start to the book, unfortunately that was all that really developed that was interesting about her. She takes a job as a waitress in order to help finance her Master degree. She claims to be interested in people and is majoring in journalism and communications, but dealing with the public seems to be a challenge.

Enter Lance Munroe, a successful record producer, who is charmed by her temper and hires her to work PR for his company. We are given
I enjoyed reading this book Summer and Lance's relationship was really sweet and I loved how Summer already sticks up for herself makes a change from other books I've read.

The only downfall about this book I felt like I was being told about what was happening instead of being inside the book it self, other then that it was a really good book.
Pam Mcmillan
Great Read

I chose to read this book because it is summer time. I am trying to read a lot of Beach books this summer. it has the HEA I look for in books. The author really got you involved in all the characters. It is a sweet story of young Summer and her Alpha male. A good summer read.
Kristy Dean
Was a good and simple story. About 250 pgs.
Summer jones was an only child. She is working on her masters and trying to take care of her mom too, which has MS and in a nursing home. She is waiting tables part-time to help with some costs. She has a bad night waitressing when a female treats her bad. She takes it out on her and the rest of the table laughs at the girl and her. The guy (lance Munroe) comes back 2 days later and they hit it off. He offers her a job. She jumps for it. She notices th
Gayle Moore
I found this book very entertaining and full of passion.

I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to hearing from the author' future books. I will recommend that everyone read this book.
Laurie H
A full book of 500 pages. I really didn't get into these characters, maybe the age factor. It was well written, just didn't interest me. A younger audience may have a totally different opinion.
Good book!

Very enjoyable and entertaining to read the book. Would like to read more of your books. Look forward to get them.
No idea what my promblem was here, I tried on four, count them, FOUR different occasions to read this book. Just couldn't get into it. I can't explain it, sadly this one's just a DNF for me. :(
Amanda Astbury
it was an easy read but some bits didn't ring true. Like.Summer having a four poster bed in her apartment
Nancy H
This book is a quick piece of mind candy, good for those times when you want to read something fun and quick that has a happy ending. I liked the character of Summer Jones, although at times her character trait of being a spitfire (in a good way) seemed to fade away here and there. Over all, though, it was a good sweet and hot read.
I don't even know where to start about this book. I like the story overall, but Summer got on my last damn nerve. I think she annoyed me because I we have the same attitude, and thank God I recognized that because I need to change it. Summer is way too bitchy. Lance never came off as arrogant in my reading. He just seemed like a confident man. About a third of the way through the book I started to get bored with it, and by the time I got to about 80% of the book I was skimming pages to hurry up ...more
Robbie Lodge
Not for me.

It read like a teenager's diary. I'm over thirty and these characters seemed like they hadn't been through their early twenties yet. It was predictable and the story was boring.
Linda Baird
Typical beachy romance.
The heroine barely has any backbone and is more often just plan rude, and when it comes to the hero she's nothing shy of wanton, no personality, barely conversation before she throws herself at him time and time again.

Th author spent more time saying things she wanted the heroine to be- creative, cultural, spitfire, strong- but never showed her to be anything beyond a wanton, whiney, rude cry baby.
Free or not, the heroine was so dislikeable I gave up 1/2 through the book.
Kristina Blom-chambers
Not a bad storyline, kept you interested in the book. I really had a hard time relating to the characters.
This book wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. It had more depth involved than I would have expected. Don't get me wrong the chemistry between Summer and Lance was sizzling but the journey of their love was even hotter. I definitely shed some tears along with Summer. I also felt some of Lance's uncertainties but I also grew with each character and fell in love.
I wish I could give the book 2.5 stars. I liked the book, and it entertained me. However, the characters are rather clique as well as their conversations. The descriptions of the scenery were good, and the story line was good. But the book needed a bit more fleshing out of the characters and their interactions.
Good book!! I enjoyed reading it and how Summer goes from being a waitress to working at a record company with steaming hot Lance. I love Summers temper and smart mouth and the adventures they take. this book is filled with friendship, fun, adventure, sadness, tragity, and most importantly love.
Jillian Moore- tarek bazzi
Good story line, the romance was terrific! So much hardship for a young woman, and yet so realistic! Judy illustrated how real life can be for people (and also some cinderella story lines for other characters). Loved the spunk of Summer and the crazy sex appeal of Lance!
Honestly haven't finished the book, just felt out of it. Not interested in finishing it. It's been on my kindle fire a while. Maybe I'll finish it... Summer pissed me off alot in this book.
Denise Koopman
Oh my goodness....I absolutely loved this book.I thought it was funny,playful,romantic,heartbreaking,and so much more.I loved how
it ended but I did hate to see the heartache Summer went through.
I would recommend people to look for this read on Amazon.It is that good!
The book started out good. Summer and her temper. However, there is something missing from the story line.
this is my first read of a book in the african american romance genre and have to say i enjoyed reading it. Well worth my lost sleep reading it in one sitting
Romance Blogger E...: eBook Giveaway 1 4 May 10, 2012 04:23PM
Romance Blogger E...: eBook Giveaway 1 1 May 10, 2012 04:22PM
  • An Unfinished Death (Jane Perry)
  • Last Summer
  • Seducing an Heiress (Cinderella Heiresses, #1)
  • Scavenger Hunt (A Finny Aletter Mystery, Book 1)
  • Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)
  • Killing Matt Cooper
  • Playing Love's Odds
  • Master of Paradise
  • If We Dare to Dream (Evans Family, #1)
  • Set Up For Love
  • Advertising for Love
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Rock Point (Sharpe & Donovan, #0.5)
  • Passion Patrol 1 - A Sexy Police Romance Suspense Novel
  • Black Gold (The Boomtown Boys, #1)
  • See You At The Show
  • Meg's Moment
  • Champagne for Two
Hot Chocolat Some Like it Hot Coffee,Cream and Curry The HOT CARIBBEAN LOVE Collection, Vols. 1 - 3 (The HOT CARIBBEAN LOVE Series) Love's Obsession, The Lives and Archaeology of Jim and Eve Stewart