Start by marking “Monsters and Mayhem (Midnight Matings #14)” as Want to Read:
Monsters and Mayhem (Midnight Matings #14)

Monsters and Mayhem (Midnight Matings #14)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  718 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters, bondage, spanking, sex toys]

The Gathering is called. The spell is cast. There is no escaping the Midnight Matings.

News anchor Samuel Anderson just landed the story of his career and is damn glad he made the trip to Scotland. That is, until he offends one of the elders and finds himself mate
Published January 14th 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Monsters and Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsters and Mayhem

Serena Yates
Jan 19, 2012 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is one of the best books in this series so far for me. Not just because I think writing a story about 'Nesie' (the Loch Ness monster) is a great idea, but because the issues between the two mates were real, dealt with in a fun and thoughtful way, and the banter between them was hilarious.

Coby (a water horse shifter and the supposed 'monster') doesn't like crowds or people very much. It is in line with his nature of a lonely existence in a lake, and is a clear contrast to his mate's preferen
Veronica /  V
Jan 14, 2012 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
Staceyr
Jan 14, 2012 Staceyr rated it really liked it
This one had a slow start for me. The whole world-building and set up for Coby is pretty thin--he's the Loch Ness Monster, lived most his 200 years in Scotland but he doesn't have even a hint of a Scottish accent? Weak. But by the middle of the book I was caught up in steamy stuff and their struggle over coming out. Some good tender moments and funny banter. When the carrot cake plops on the floor...LOL

Disappointing start but a fun finish. 3.5
Christy Duke
Awwwww so freaking adorable! I mean, who doesn't love the Loch Ness monster? I loved Coby - such a little spitfire with serious attitude and snark! Ya gotta love that. Sammy was kind of a predictable human, which was fine, it worked in the story.
I liked their issues and how they got resolved - very realistic!
Kyra James
Apr 18, 2015 Kyra James rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-paranormal
One of my favorite series, most of the series makes me giggle and cheer for each couple when they are forced to mate by the Elders. Coby and Samuel are no different in their relationship they start out hating each other and decide they can be miserable for 4 years or try to make the best of it. Of Course the fall in love a long the way, through in a few twists and turns that were unexpected and you have a fun romance. YEA Love a Happy Ending.
CB
Dec 09, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
Such a fun series! There are currently 20 books in the series, each book is written by either Joyee Flynn, Gabrielle Evans or Stormy Glenn. They could keep writing more as long as they continue creating interesting characters who shift into all kinds of wonderful and different animals/mythical beings and coming up with unique stories full of romance, crazy drama, angst and let's not forget the very hot sex!

You don't have to read them in order, very rarely are other characters mentioned, but each
Julie scott
Jan 24, 2016 Julie scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monsters and Mayhem [Midnight Matings]

This was great and funny and I can't wait to read the next one in this series I know it will be just as great....
Tala
Jan 31, 2014 Tala rated it really liked it
Candice
Nope. Sorry, but I couldn't get on board with this one. Not only was Sam a human, but he exploited Coby. I kept waiting for Coby to finally put his foot down, but I guess I am still waiting.

This was definitely a FORCED mating and I wanted Sam to do something about it. Instead he just goes with it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Tamela
Well that was a twist on one of my favorite unexplained phenom's. Who knew Coby was such a famous "personality".

I had a hard time getting to like Sam because it seemed like he didn't actually like shifters, and that he was exploiting Coby. But he pulled his head out and finally made things right for both of them.

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Like all the others in tis series, two very different men, one closeted human and me very small shifter , who then becomes Loch Ness Monster!
Sam was a bit dim, if he didn't figure out what Cami was up to, but both MC's worked well together.
A quick light read.
Ter
Jan 17, 2012 Ter rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4.
really wish I could half, cause while I liked it, I didn't really like it a lot. It felt off somehow, when we first meet Coby he was Shifter Extraordinaire! and he seemed to lose that flair in his personalty.
Meggie
Jan 23, 2012 Meggie rated it liked it
I really liked both mated pair. Both of them had their own personal issues and it was fun watching them change with their own feelings. This was definitely enjoyable easy read.
Melanie
We seemed to have gotten more of the outside world in this one.
I really enjoyed how these guys disliked each other and even when they loved, they still bickered.
Sair
Jan 20, 2012 Sair rated it it was ok
IMO this was written in a series of splurges of words. While the story is there, it seems a bit staccato in it's delivery.
Ashley Cox
Jan 16, 2012 Ashley Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Not a terrible read and probably, one of the best in the series so far ...
Clover
Feb 06, 2012 Clover rated it liked it
it was a good story.
Maya
Jan 15, 2012 Maya rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars. Just meh.
Ruth Laureano
Ruth Laureano rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Rejar Tia Nikita
Rejar Tia Nikita marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Fablespinner
Fablespinner is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2016
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Bytchfemme
Bytchfemme rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Scott Grunthaner
Scott Grunthaner marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kragthang
Kragthang rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Alice
Alice rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2016
  • Fur And Flightless  (Midnight Matings #12)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings #10)
  • Montana's Vamp (Brac Pack #16)
  • The Seahorse Who Loved the Wrong Lynx (Mate or Meal #8)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

Midnight Matings (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Squeak And A Roar (Midnight Matings #1)
  • Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings #2)
  • Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings #3)
  • Two Fangs And A Hoof (Midnight Matings #4)
  • Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings #5)
  • Fang And Fur (Midnight Matings #6)
  • Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings #7)
  • White Paws And A Dream (Midnight Matings #8)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings #9)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings #10)