Start by marking “Monsters and Mayhem (Midnight Matings, #14)” as Want to Read:
Monsters and Mayhem (Midnight Matings, #14)

Monsters and Mayhem (Midnight Matings #14)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  591 ratings  ·  17 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters, bondage, spanking, sex toys]

The Gathering is called. The spell is cast. There is no escaping the Midnight Matings.

News anchor Samuel Anderson just landed the story of his career and is damn glad he made the trip to Scotland. That is, until he offends one of the elders and finds himself mate
Published January 14th 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Monsters and Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsters and Mayhem

Serena Yates
This is one of the best books in this series so far for me. Not just because I think writing a story about 'Nesie' (the Loch Ness monster) is a great idea, but because the issues between the two mates were real, dealt with in a fun and thoughtful way, and the banter between them was hilarious.

Coby (a water horse shifter and the supposed 'monster') doesn't like crowds or people very much. It is in line with his nature of a lonely existence in a lake, and is a clear contrast to his mate's preferen
Veronica /  V
Staceyr
This one had a slow start for me. The whole world-building and set up for Coby is pretty thin--he's the Loch Ness Monster, lived most his 200 years in Scotland but he doesn't have even a hint of a Scottish accent? Weak. But by the middle of the book I was caught up in steamy stuff and their struggle over coming out. Some good tender moments and funny banter. When the carrot cake plops on the floor...LOL

Disappointing start but a fun finish. 3.5
Christy Loves 2 Read
Awwwww so freaking adorable! I mean, who doesn't love the Loch Ness monster? I loved Coby - such a little spitfire with serious attitude and snark! Ya gotta love that. Sammy was kind of a predictable human, which was fine, it worked in the story.
I liked their issues and how they got resolved - very realistic!
CB
Such a fun series! There are currently 20 books in the series, each book is written by either Joyee Flynn, Gabrielle Evans or Stormy Glenn. They could keep writing more as long as they continue creating interesting characters who shift into all kinds of wonderful and different animals/mythical beings and coming up with unique stories full of romance, crazy drama, angst and let's not forget the very hot sex!

You don't have to read them in order, very rarely are other characters mentioned, but each
Candice
Nope. Sorry, but I couldn't get on board with this one. Not only was Sam a human, but he exploited Coby. I kept waiting for Coby to finally put his foot down, but I guess I am still waiting.

This was definitely a FORCED mating and I wanted Sam to do something about it. Instead he just goes with it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Tamela
Well that was a twist on one of my favorite unexplained phenom's. Who knew Coby was such a famous "personality".

I had a hard time getting to like Sam because it seemed like he didn't actually like shifters, and that he was exploiting Coby. But he pulled his head out and finally made things right for both of them.

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Like all the others in tis series, two very different men, one closeted human and me very small shifter , who then becomes Loch Ness Monster!
Sam was a bit dim, if he didn't figure out what Cami was up to, but both MC's worked well together.
A quick light read.
Ter
3.5 - 4.
really wish I could half, cause while I liked it, I didn't really like it a lot. It felt off somehow, when we first meet Coby he was Shifter Extraordinaire! and he seemed to lose that flair in his personalty.
Meggie
I really liked both mated pair. Both of them had their own personal issues and it was fun watching them change with their own feelings. This was definitely enjoyable easy read.
Melanie
We seemed to have gotten more of the outside world in this one.
I really enjoyed how these guys disliked each other and even when they loved, they still bickered.
Sair
IMO this was written in a series of splurges of words. While the story is there, it seems a bit staccato in it's delivery.
Ashley Cox
Not a terrible read and probably, one of the best in the series so far ...
Clover
it was a good story.
Maya
2.5 Stars. Just meh.
Chaunita Carter
Chaunita Carter marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Antonia
Antonia marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • Fur And Flightless  (Midnight Matings, #12)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings, #10)
  • His Imperfect Mate (Brac Pack, #26)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...
Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed, #1) Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings, #3) Howl And Harmony (Midnight Matings, #11) Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings, #5) Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings, #7)