Start by marking “Splash and Elegance (Midnight Matings #13)” as Want to Read:
Splash and Elegance (Midnight Matings #13)

Splash and Elegance (Midnight Matings #13)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  802 ratings  ·  20 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters]

The Gathering is called. The spell is cast. There is no escaping the Midnight Matings.

Socially awkward and practically invisible to the rest of the world, Whitley Turner wasn’t overly upset by the elders’ announcement. Either he’d find someone to claim him or he’d disappear completely. So wh
Published December 3rd 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Splash and Elegance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Splash and Elegance

Serena Yates
A killer whale and a swan shifter are bound to be good for some conflict, right? However, the focus of this story is more around the secrets both of them are hiding and the suspense of whether they'll be able to solve their issues than their shifter natures. That took away some of the enjoyment for me, but I still liked the book. It got into some more of the background of the bigger story as well, and that was very helpful.

Whitley, the swan shifter, is painfully shy and withdrawn, almost too ins
Kind of blah. ...I felt like for the first time in this series the couples animals weren't a part of the story or even who they are as ppl. It was odd. They didn't even really shift that often. IThey're animals were hardly ever mentioned. Although, it's nice that the animals were unique choices it was obvious that they weren't a great choice in terms of story building.
It was also disappointing how quickly Whitley forgave Jude. Jude lied to and manipulated whit from the very beginning.something
Christy Loves 2 Read
I really, really, really liked Whitley! In fact, he's in the top five of my favorite characters in this entire series. This book was really different from all if the others so far. Here the mated pair spent more time apart, only getting together to fill the twenty four hour requirement. Whitley has been beaten down so badly by life that he just broke my heart.
I wasn't too keen on Jude until the end and then he finally made a better showing.

Always looking forward to the next one!
Frisca Hue
This is my least fav book in the series :(
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally Posted at:

Being forced to mate is one thing, but to be deceived by the one person you fall in love with is unforgivable, isn't it?

Whitley Turner is that lonely person in the corner praying no one notices him. He’s smart and beyond kind but has been treated poorly by his family his entire life. Pretty sad situation. He doesn’t see his attractiveness or self-worth. So when the council calls a meeting for all unmated paranormals to attend he jump
Such a fun series! There are currently 20 books in the series, each book is written by either Joyee Flynn, Gabrielle Evans or Stormy Glenn. They could keep writing more as long as they continue creating interesting characters who shift into all kinds of wonderful and different animals/mythical beings and coming up with unique stories full of romance, crazy drama, angst and let's not forget the very hot sex!

You don't have to read them in order, very rarely are other characters mentioned, but each
This one really didn't do it for me. I really liked Whitley, but Jude...never really got a good vibe from him. I guess I also like shifters who can protect themselves (or at least one in the couple) and a whale and a swan? Didn't really do it for me :(
It's well written, filled with suspense and conflict but because Jude acts like an arrogant jerk to Whitley with a total disregard to his feelings, using him to accomplish his goal, I couldn't form any kind of emotional attachment to him. By the time the truth behind his actions were revealed, he was almost past redemption for me. But I really enjoyed Whitley. He might have started off shy, but he had a charming personality and learning to stand up for himself by the end.

There's lots of conflict
Guilty Pleasures
3.5 Stars

I love the emotion and the flow of the story. Plus a little kidnap, rescue action adds excitement to the romance. With 13 books following the same kind of outline the stories are all very similar but I personally love them all. I think the writing is great and they make me laugh & cry plus there’s so much hot m/m loving I have to love them.

To read Charnel's entire review please visit
I just love this whole series. And this was another good read. Loved Whitley and was so shocked at Jude that for a very little while there I didn't like him. But he was doing what he thought he had to do to save his brother, even though he really didn't think it through.

1st read - Apr 19, 2012
2nd read - Jun 23, 2012

Rereading the series because I just picked up books #14, 15 and 16.
The start doesn't feel promising. Again the disguised female, a very fragile, shy, scared female. Some places were like so over the top it completely threw me out of the story. I just had to stop reading. Not sure I will finish.

It gets better later on. I managed to finish, but I didn't really enjoy it.
I feel no connection between these to at all and Jude is a bit of a dick. Whit has a complete personality change for no apparent reason and parts of this story just didn't make sense. This i not one of my faves.
This mated pair, didn't feel right together. Whitley was tricked and used for other gain, okay it was for a good reason, but this love story simple didn't feel right.
I'm really glad I found these books there great.
I was debating on 3.5 stars, but this just wasn't as sweet as they usually are. Most likely my mood, but there it is.
it was a nice read, a little too slow in the middle of the book, but it ended okay.
Was good, not my favorite though.
Originally read in 2012
Rated 3.25 stars.
Jodi marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Astriddbg marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Kirstie Quinn
Kirstie Quinn marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
  • Fur And Flightless  (Midnight Matings #12)
  • White Paws And A Dream (Midnight Matings #8)
  • Murphy's Madness (Brac Pack #15)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

Midnight Matings (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Squeak And A Roar (Midnight Matings #1)
  • Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings #2)
  • Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings #3)
  • Two Fangs And A Hoof (Midnight Matings #4)
  • Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings #5)
  • Fang And Fur (Midnight Matings #6)
  • Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings #7)
  • White Paws And A Dream (Midnight Matings #8)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings #9)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings #10)