Start by marking “Savage Atonement ” as Want to Read:
Savage Atonement

Savage Atonement

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  6 reviews
She wanted to punish him--not love him!

When she was fifteen Laurel had been the victim of an attempted rape, and Oliver Savage was the reporter who had twisted her story, tearing her reputation to shreds and leaving her fearful of every man who came too near.

Now, six years later, he was anxious to right his wrong. "I want to help you, Laurel", he'd offered. But Laurel didn
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #650, 190 pages
Published December 1983 by Harlequin Books (first published November 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Atonement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Atonement

Leona
Wow.. This book should come with a label "READER BEWARE". I don't know what to say about it...there were moments that were absolutely gripping, and then there were moments that I wanted to throw it against the wall. But the gripping outweighed the wall........so I guess I'll go for a thumbs up, but with some trepidation.

Laurel was a young girl almost raped by her drunken step-father. Social services come to the rescue and remove her from her home where her own mother, ridden with guilt, decides
sbf20112011
I liked this one, but you really have to be able to overlook some terrible things about the hero. For instance, at the beginning we learn that the hero is "renowned for his dislike of the present rape laws; claims that in ninety cases out of a hundred the men have been led on and aren't totally to blame." Wow, of all the things to be "renowned" for, it has to be being against rape laws? And anyway, the stepfather attacked the heroine when she was just 15 (and he was her stepfather) -- who even c ...more
Kay
Mar 06, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: print
4 1/2 Stars! ~ This is an intensely emotional story of a young woman deeply repressed from a horrible attack when she was a teenager. It's been six years since the attack, and Laurel meets again the journalist that tore her character apart in the press, claiming she provoked her attack. Shortly after writing the article that completed Laurel's destruction, Oliver learned that she had been telling the truth, and for the past six years he's been searching for her to make atonement. He's shocked to ...more
لقاء السعدي
قرأتها مترجمة للعربية
العدد رقم 004 من سلسلة روايات عبير
الصادرة عن دار الكتاب العربي
و تحمل اسم " لعنة الماضي "

رشحتها لي صديقة

حررها من لعنة الماضي المسيطرة على حياتها

رواية
Amanda Sheila
If only.

This book could be so much better if Laurel didn't fall too easily in love with Oliver. I liked the way Oliver's guilt eating him for more than five years, he deserves it. But I was hoping the author wrote it with details so I can float away with the story.

I don't enjoy the ending. Need more details and I think Laurel's too meek. Could be so much better.
Sapheron
I read this over two years ago and forgot to rate it. It packs an emotional punch, it sure does.
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Mariaantonihotmail.co.uk
Mariaantonihotmail.co.uk marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Cathy Norfin
Cathy Norfin marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jinder Kaur
Jinder Kaur marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Kuldip Kaur
Kuldip Kaur marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Ami
Ami marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Lin
Lin marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Myra Martinez
Myra Martinez marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Gethsy
Gethsy added it
Aug 21, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Garry
Garry marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Saboo
Saboo marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...
The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1) The Demetrios Virgin The Blackmail Baby (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, 2247) Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance) The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529)