Start by marking “Vegan a la Mode: More Than 100 Ice Creams, Gelatos, Granitas, and Other Frozen Delights” as Want to Read:

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Hannah Kaminsky has developed an international following for her delicious vegan recipes and mouthwatering food photography. Here she shares more than 100 of her best frozen dessert recipes, including coconut chai ice cream, blood orange frozen yogurt, pink pomegranate marble gelato, chocolate sorbetto, and apples and honey semifreddo. Due to inhumane animal practices and ...more
Published July 1st 2012 by Skyhorse Publishing (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Vegan a la Mode, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan a la Mode

Marathon County Public Library MCPL
This book is the best source I have found so far for vegan desserts. For someone who can't have soy, dairy, or egg, this book was the one resource that finally allowed me to have dessert again! The recipes are excellent in and of themselves, and the illustrations make the treats all the more tempting to the reader. Most recipes don't even include too many specialty or hard to find items, although Kaminsky does includes excellent explanations of and resources for finding specialty items. I highly ...more
Karen!
Jun 06, 2015 Karen! rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Including traditional flavors as well as novelties and creative inventions, Vegan a la Mode has ice cream for everyone! With specialty ingredients only when they are truly needed, this is a very usable, everyday cookbook. The pictures are lovely and the results are delicious. What more could a girl ask for?
Rj
Mar 15, 2016 Rj rated it liked it
A collection of vegan ice cream recipes that requires an ice cream maker. Most of the recipes are not surprising and predictable.
Morgan
Jul 16, 2012 Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books
I bought an ice cream maker (on clearance! - 2012 color closeout) just for the purpose of making recipes from this book. I follow Hannah's blog and her recipes are always easy and delicious. I am very much looking forward to all the ice cream in my future!
Julia (snarkyvegan) Moran Martz
I love this book! It changed the way I think about vegan ice cream and showed me that excellent results are possible. Hannah provides solid basics like French vanilla but also very unique flavors I never would have considered.
Aug 22, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Fantastic for anyone who's egg/ soy/ dairy intolerant like me.
Tracy
Jun 09, 2013 Tracy rated it really liked it
Great recipes that my non-vegan family members enjoy too!
Sandy  Kemp
Sep 06, 2012 Sandy Kemp rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: vegans!
Shelves: vegan
lots of great ideas to try!
Jennifer Perry
Jennifer Perry marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Wendy Orewyler
Wendy Orewyler rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Rochelle
Rochelle marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Fran B
Fran B added it
Jan 23, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Betty Sanders
Betty Sanders rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Celosia
Celosia rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2015
Aisha
Aisha added it
Nov 26, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Moshe
Moshe marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Lexi Franklin
Lexi Franklin rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Leetta
Leetta marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Alexandra Stockdale
Alexandra Stockdale marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Meghan
Meghan rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hannah Kaminsky's love of desserts compelled her to start experimenting in the kitchen at a young age to create incredible, cruelty-free treats. Her blog, BitterSweetBlog.com, features creative crafts, delicious treats, and mouth-watering photography. She is currently working towards her BFA in photography.
More about Hannah Kaminsky...