Start by marking “20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)” as Want to Read:
20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)

20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys #6)

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  1,261 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
14 Jahre nach dem "Silvester, an dem die Welt blutete" - die Menschheit konnte damals knapp ihrer Auslöschung entgehen - scheint Frieden eingekehrt zu sein. Ein Frieden, ganz im Sinne und unter der Kontrolle des "Freundes"… Kanna ist inzwischen 17 Jahre alt und schlägt sich wacker durch das Chaos des neuen Tokyos. Doch dann kommt sie hinter eine Wahrheit, die ihr Schicksal ...more
Published June 12th 2003 by Planet Manga (first published July 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about 20th Century Boys, Band 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20th Century Boys, Band 6

Anthony Chavez
Since the time jump we are in 2014, with Kanna, the daughter of "Friend" and Kenji's sister.

This isn't an action driven volume, there is a good character driven storyline featuring Kanna and Detective Chono who appears to have a bigger role in this storyline. Nothing is revealed to what happened to Kenji and the gang but we do see Otcho (Shogun), chained and possibly tortured within a alcatraz like island prison. If anything, I enjoyed this volume as it shows how much the "Friends" have permeat
Brad
Apr 05, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, sci-fi, mystery
So our intrepid heroes were all utter failures. I can't say I'm really surprised, but I am surprised by how much I was rooting for them anyway.

Regardless, I love these new characters and their interesting lives. I don't feel too sorry for Otchu because he's such a strong MF I just want to rely on him despite his situation. If anyone can pull the rest of the plot from the fire, I feel like he can. What a world they live in. Still plenty of intrigue and betrayal to go around. At least the underdo
Francisco Silva
Dec 28, 2016 Francisco Silva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos, manga
'La última esperanza' recita el titulo y, bueno, si bien Urasawa maneja la esperanza en dosis pequeñas durante su relato, que principalmente es puesta a prueba constantemente en las condiciones más adversas posibles, desde el último salto temporal los embates que ha recibido ésta -tanto para los protagonistas como para mí como lector- son tan duros y vuelcan la historia hacia un margen donde tienen tan poco por ganar , en cuanto a SU misión , que todo se torna demasiado desolador.

No hay libertad
Scott Lee
Nov 29, 2016 Scott Lee rated it really liked it
An excellent volume, although it doesn't contain anything of the "Bloody New Years Eve" plot line, which is the portion of the story I'm most anxious to have advanced...
Joseph Crawford
Feb 08, 2017 Joseph Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last volume really changed direction midway. This continues to be compelling, but the time jump has left a lot of questions. Ready for the series to get back to the heart of the story.
John Wiswell
Sep 14, 2014 John Wiswell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most engrossing series I’ve picked up this year, in prose or comics. If you’re new, I strongly recommend checking out the review of first book, as by Book 6, things have gotten complicated.

Onto Book 6! When Urasawa works, he works fast. It’s only been one book since the time skip, and 20th Century Boys already has a robust cast, and two leading characters that rival Kenji for promise. Kanna is my favorite of the two, as you’d expect, Kenji’s now teenaged niece who harbors an enormous grudge
Mikael Kuoppala
May 16, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The "20th Century Boys" series offers a rather standalone volume this time around, but it certainly doesn't forget where the main story is going. In "Final Hope" we get to know Kanna- the protagonist from the latter half of volume five- a bit more. The story is about a murder witnessed by Britney, a transvestite on a dark alley. Kanno knows a friend of Britney's from her work and gets tangled in a mystery that seems to involve members of the Police Force and might span even futher.

The totalitar
Seno
Sep 15, 2016 Seno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plot yang loncat-loncat ini lah yang aku suka dari Urasawa Naoki. Genius!
Danielle
নাজমুল হাসান
This is the best volume of the series so far. So much intense revelations and action packed together. Also the new set of characters are equally interesting if not better than the previous band of heroes. The identity of the mysterious "Friend" figure is still in the dark, but I think there was a hint given somewhere in this volume about that. Not sure if the clue was to make the readers even more confused or not.
Jesus Flores
Aug 31, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
On one side we have Kana story where she tries to help a witness of a murder, since turns out its a cop, of course a cop that tries o help them ends up giving the killer the info needed to kill the witness.

On the other side we see a mangaka go to jail (apparently the manga he wrote has a bit of similarity to Amigo's path) and there he find who might be Otcho still alive and planinnghis scape from jail.

Big cliffhangers at the end.

Norman Cook
Jan 27, 2015 Norman Cook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fourteen years after Bloody New Year's Eve the city of Neo Tokyo is being run by the totalitarian goons from the Friend cult. It's a society where a manga artist is an enemy of the state, thrown into a super max prison with brutal serial killers. Kenji's niece Kanna is caught in the middle of a conspiracy to kill the Pope. Is she the "Final Hope" that will finally rid the world of the evil Friend cult?
Fredrik Strömberg
A whole volume without any scenes from the climactic 1990s, now I understand how Urusawa is going to keep this series going for so many more volumes. Now he's got me hooked on the modern day characters as well, so no problem. The fun he's having with manga artists and the history of manga is also entertaining. Heading immediately for the next volume!
Nia
Oct 20, 2008 Nia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sold, komik, urasawa-naoki
Zamannya Kanna, sejak Kenji dinyatakan tewas dalam Perang Tahun 2000.

Kanna dikejar polisi karena melindungi seorang saksi mata pembunuhan yang dilakukan oleh seorang oknum polisi, yang merupakan komplotan 'sahabat'.

Shogun/Occho ternyata masih hidup dan berencana untuk melarikan diri dari penjara dengan bantuan seorang komikus...
Joy
Jan 04, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J.
Dec 22, 2009 J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the fifth installment, but that's likely just because the plot has picked back up for the new plotline (after the time jump). What else is there to say, really? Urasawa's art is always top notch, and his pacing, the inherent sense of timing he has, is just incredible.
Laurelyn Anne
Sep 09, 2014 Laurelyn Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
New sub-plots and new characters! However this one is more story development than climatic action than the previous volume.
Alexander Case
Dec 23, 2012 Alexander Case rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anime-manga
This is a hell of a manga. This volume has set up a lot of interesting stuff, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how all of this pays off.
Trananhtuan
Trananhtuan rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 02, 2012
Raphael Severan
Raphael Severan rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Devin Bruce
Devin Bruce rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Christophe
Christophe rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2014
Afif
Afif rated it liked it
May 28, 2010
FreidenkerMad
FreidenkerMad rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
Wahyu Awaludin
Wahyu Awaludin rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Toady
Toady rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Laulau
Laulau rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Daniel
Daniel rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Chel
Chel rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2012
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 3 (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • Adolf : A Tale of the Twentieth Century
  • A Distant Neighborhood, Vol. 1
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2
  • Akira, Vol. 6
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)