Start by marking “Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1)

Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews

Private investigator Grace tracks a kidnapped child to middle-of-nowhere Iowa. Encountering a strange creature she knows can't be a local animal, she doesn't need her psychic abilities to figure out the sleepy town is not what it seems. When she meets the intriguing Aiden, she's plunged into a world of Norse gods and fire demons where the Wild Hunt still rides the night.

Ai

Published January 2nd 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Demon Crossings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Crossings

Christine
Oct 13, 2015 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, read-2013, arc
3.5 out of 5 Stars
Grace is on an assignment to find a girl who has been kidnapped. On her way to find the child, she hits something with her car. She is rescued by Aiden.
Did I feel connected to the characters: I really liked Grace and connected with her immediately. She has a gift where she can sense (psychic ability) where a lost child can be found. She has been always thought of as strange because of her gift so she has tried to hide it since she could remember, but she finds this town where h
Everybookhasasoul
This novel was a brilliant cross between urban fantasy and paranormal romance and was a book that I overall enjoyed reading.

I did find the concept of the book to be confusing at times and I did find myself wanting to move this book onto the do not finish pile however I am glad I stuck with it as it was overall a good read.

The romance between the two main characters felt forced at times and I did not enjoy these scenes. Especially when she attacked him during their first sexual encounter it seeme
Mara
Nov 11, 2013 Mara rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
A bit sad for my tastes. She's too needy and gives me the idea she would have attached herself to every one under the same circumstances. Aiden and his people are almost slaves to their destiny. Can't get away, can't really marry freely.

I am not sure what they see in each other except a tool. The lust/love at first sight did non improve the story. There's no real movement toward Hea. You are just told one. But I did wonder how and why.

I would have liked more the Vasir.

I claim my ignorance: but
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I really enjoyed Demon Crossings, the world that was created and the mythology were very interesting and the characters drew me in. I have read anothre seires by this author and while okay was not one I planned on continuing. I really hope that there will be more books in this series as I really want to know what happens with these two characters and the other characters we meet in this book.
Karen
Aug 05, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
One missing child leads to another in a strange dimension, a whole displaced culture that could explain Graces gifts but most importantly possibly someone who accepts & wants her.

The imagination, scary creativity & visceral description of the fire demons & the world they decimated kinda creeps me out. However, the magic of swimming in the algae brought a little balance.

Those versed on Norse mythology may get another layer of enjoyment out of this adventure. (Or may get annoyed) I've
Melindeeloo
Mar 05, 2014 Melindeeloo rated it really liked it
PI Grace uses her 'finding' talent to 'sense' the location of children who have gone missing. On a hunt for a missing child, a close encounter between her car and a weird beast on a country road lands PI Grace in the town of Ragnarok before she solves her first case Grace's psychic senses tell her that her sexy rescuer Aiden's 'dead' daughter is still alive but for the first time ever she can't tell exactly 'where'

I read Witch Bound the second book in this series a while back and really liked a
Julie Burns
Review:
4.5 Stars I really liked this book. The mixture of Norse gods were a little bit of a surprise, but once I got my head around the fact, that they WEREN’T gods, and in fact Odin was a type of leader in each clan, I read with avid interest.

Grace is a Private investigator with a difference, she uses a very powerful psychic ability to find lost, or missing children. And after tracking a father who has abducted his daughter from her grandmother, to Iowa, she assumes that the case is closed, an
Sienny
Jan 15, 2012 Sienny rated it really liked it
a little confussing in the beginning, which prevent me to rate it 5stars, but getting better from around quarter way. the story based on a norse myth, which i have little knowledge. even though i'm often confused, i still enjoy reading. especially from the middl of the book. it's quite touching, reading about both grace's and aiden's past and present struggle.

the heroine, grace, has an ability to track lost person. actually, it's broader than that, but she harnessed it. the story kicked off by g
Mariachiara
Jun 12, 2012 Mariachiara rated it liked it
Titolo: Demon crossings

Autore: Eleri Stone

Inedito in Italiano

Trama: Grace è un’investigatrice specializzata nel ritrovare bambini rapiti, ed è così brava nel suo lavoro perchè ha delle visioni che la guidano. Usare per il bene questo suo potere l’aiuta a sopportare la sua vita, ma le ferite di un adolescenza passata in un manicomio e gli orrori che vede ogni giorno nel suo lavoro, le pesano ogni giorno di più. Da sempre si è sentita fuori posto fra la gente normale, ma tutto cambia quando seguen
Jaimie Marshall
First reviewed at Red Hot Books: http://redhotbooks.com/2013/10/review...

Demon Crossings is the first book in the Twilight of the Gods series by Eleri Stone. I had initially started with book two but felt like I was missing some stuff so I went back and started at the beginning. I’m glad I did! While Norse Gods and mythology aren’t normally my thing, I found myself thoroughly enjoying the plot, the characters and the overall storyline.

The story revolves around Grace, a private investigator who s
Tracy
May 18, 2012 Tracy rated it liked it
Too Contained For Me
She should have been sunning herself on a beach in Hawaii, enjoying a much-needed vacation. Instead she's driving down a dark, nowhere road in the middle of Iowa, surrounded by cornfields, and about as far removed from sun, fun, and Mai Tais as she could get. Private investigator by trade, it's Grace's psychic gift that made her cave for her friend Mike, a detective with the St. Louis police department. He begged her to take a look at one last picture before she left. So she
Tahlia Newland
Apr 27, 2012 Tahlia Newland rated it it was amazing
Demon Crossings is a delightfully different story about a private investigator called Grace who tracks missing persons. She follows a kidnapped child to middle-of-nowhere Iowa and runs into a ditch when a huge beast of unknown species runs in front of her car. Aiden, a descendant of Norse gods rescues her, and she discovers a sleepy little town with a secret. Not only is it built near a portal between worlds but the Wild Hunt still rides the night looking for murderous Fire demons that have cros ...more
Leanna Craig
Jul 16, 2013 Leanna Craig rated it it was amazing
Demon Crossing by Eleri Stone is a sexy and enjoyable read, especially if you’re a fan of what I call the “paranormal with a twist” genre. This author combines components from Norse mythology and Faery genre together to make one heart stopping book filled with enough “what ifs” that I’m hoping she turns this into a series. I loved Grace’s well placed vulnerability; but what she did in spite of it was the clincher for me. She was virtually abandoned emotionally by her parents before being committ ...more
Shiloh (Fantastic Reading)
Grace has a psychic ability to track missing children, and when she tracks a girl to Ragnarok, Iowa, she learns that her ability is evidence of her heritage--she's related to the Aesir, who escaped the destruction of Asgard and now live in small pockets around America. Aiden's daughter is missing, taken by a demon into Asgard, and Grace is determined to help him find her. She didn't plan on falling for Aiden's charms, however.

I'm not usually one for romance novels; I find them formulaic, repetit
♫♥✿LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ (Chasity)
Demon Crossings is a unique story that incorporates Norse mythology. I am close to clueless when it comes to Norse myth but I found myself drawn into world of Ragnarök and Odin and other names I'll not attempt to pronounce.

Grace's past has taught her to trust ans relay on no one but what happens when someone like Aiden breaks those barriers? Aiden is the leader of his groups hunt. They live to protect the portals leading into the human world from demon creatures. Aiden is has earned the respect
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it - recommend(B+)
Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

On a case, Grace finds herself driving through the dark, dirt roads in the middle of nowhere, Iowa, instead of on her much needed vacation to Hawaii. Grace has an innate ability to find missing children, and her police buddy Mike often sends those in need of help her way. Suddenly, Grace begins to see and sense things around her that aren’t normal - to include a giant beast that runs her car off the r
Soo
Jan 18, 2012 Soo rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, netgalley
Read via NetGalley

Grace is a private investigator. She has a knack for finding missing children, but she wasn't fast enough on her last case and the boy died before she found him. Needing a break, she plans on going on a road trip but gets sidetracked when a friend asks for her help to find a little girl. Grace's secret flares with a strong vision of the missing girl, and she can't say no to the favor or the missing child.

In the middle of nowhere, in an town named Ragnarok, Grace crashes her ca
Kelly
May 22, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I *thoroughly* enjoyed this book. Now, it could be because I find Norse mythology fascinating. Because I do. Or it could be because Eleri Stone has created a world that sucks you in and spits you out into a cold, merciless place that will shrivel your very soul. Okay, maybe it's not quite that bad. But the world is intriguing and sometimes horrifying and the people who populate it are made of awesome things. Also, there are swords. That's a win any way you look at it!

Grace and Aiden. Oh, man. Gr
Midalah Ballinger
Jan 09, 2012 Midalah Ballinger rated it it was amazing
This was an unexpected treat. The blurb intrigued me enough to read, but I've not always been one for books on demons. However, Eleri Stone has taken a new twist on the demon story in this book in my opinion.

Wrapping the supernatural of demons and psychics within the folds of Norse mythology, "Demon Crossings" is a great ride. There is a wonderful mix that includes unique take on the mythology with Asgard along with action and romance. She gives you a glimpse into a world that makes you root for
Stephanie
Jan 16, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it

Eleri Stone is a darn prolific writer so there is good reason she got this book right. With a mix of legends ad creatures, Asgard, Demons, Norse myths, there is a lot even before you add in a hot romance, good sex and danger. The characters have a reasonable amount of development and felt pretty real to me. I felt the use of a certain word regarding the female anatomy, while sparing was gratuitous and out of character.

The mixing up of mythologies and creatures might have gone a little too far, b
Mandy
Jan 20, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
Having been abandoned in a mental hospital as a child for her strange visions, Grace now keeps to herself. Using her premonitions for a greater good, she works as a private investigator, locating missing children. When a strange creature crosses her path, causing her to crash her car during a simple search for a missing little girl, her life begins to take a turn. She suddenly finds herself immersed in old Norse myths with people who claim she is one of them.

Eleri Stone's Demon Crossings is a lo
Darbi Bradley
Apr 23, 2014 Darbi Bradley rated it it was ok
Big giant meh. I liked the Norse mythology, beyond that the characters were pretty uniformly boring.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Aidan rescues Grace after a crash on her property leaves her car in a ditch... She sees the Hellhounds... The tracked Maia... She is part them, but human. Aidan needs her help to find his daughter who has been missing for 2 years.

An exciting story of the decendants of Norse Gods & thier job guarding the fault lines that let the demons escape into the human world. Not only was there a good original story, but there was a whole world building that could be a series. The romance was not thrown
Nicole
Jul 03, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
More like a 3.5
Nicole Luiken
Apr 18, 2012 Nicole Luiken rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sfantasy, romance, ebook
What I loved about this book:
Characters: I loved Grace, she was good at her job, tough, yet with hidden vulnerabilitie, and I sighed over Aiden, (love that strong, silent type)
Romance: both hot and well-developed, with issues that were faced
Excellent setting: alternating between small-town Iowa and a cool merged together Asgard/Nifflheim
The secondary characters: I really hope Fen gets his own book.
Fave scene: The cover shot
Jeffe Kennedy
Oct 13, 2013 Jeffe Kennedy rated it it was amazing
I *loved* this book! For some reason it took me a while to work around to reading it, though it's been on my Kindle nearly since it came out. Very cool world-building - a kind of blend of Urban Fantasy and Magical Realism - with a strong, central romance. Believable characters and conflicts. Pushed all my happy buttons! I finished and bought book 2 immediately. :D
Mersadies
Mar 14, 2012 Mersadies rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, Aiden was super Hot and caring and Grace was strong, independent and fiery. I loved the use of the Norse legends in the book, I've never read another book that used the norse gods for the basis and I liked it a lot. The characters were well developed and their relationships had depth. I love the bonds between the characters.
Kerrianne Coombes
Apr 18, 2012 Kerrianne Coombes rated it really liked it
i loved this book. Brilliant;y written, and excellently executed. Such a different idea that literally kept me hooked from the moment i started reading until i finished.
Loved it x
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
I enjoyed the story but I didn't love it. I had to give the story 3.5 stars. I hope the second book will be more enjoyable than this one.
Vicci
Feb 14, 2012 Vicci rated it really liked it
Goodreads Librari...: 9781426893001 2 19 Jan 10, 2012 11:14AM
  • Blood of the Pride (Blood of the Pride, #1)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • A Tale of Two Djinns
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Taming the Demon (Demon Blade #1)
  • Vacation with a Vampire: Stay / Vivi and the Vampire / Island Vacation
  • Motor City Mage (Urban Arcana  #4)
  • Syphon's Song (Mayflower Mages, #1)
  • Darkest Caress (Empowered, #1)
  • Running with Wolves (The Colony #1)
  • Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)
  • A Warrior's Desire (The Esri #3)
  • Releasing the Hunter
4193895
Eleri Stone is a RITA-nominated author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Born and raised in New Jersey, she now lives in Iowa with her husband and their three children. All of her stories have some element of speculative fiction to them and they all end with a happily-ever-after.
More about Eleri Stone...

Twilight of the Gods (3 books)
  • Witch Bound (Twilight of the Gods, #2)
  • Dragonslayer (Twilight of the Gods, #3)