La Fille De Ma Meilleure Amie

La Fille De Ma Meilleure Amie

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  12,138 ratings  ·  799 reviews
Kamryn a une belle vie : un poste intéressant, une vie sociale intense. Des enfants? Pas de suite, peut-être même pas du tout, surtout depuis une grande décepetion amoureuse et la trahison de sa meilleure amie de l'époque, Adèle.

Mais le jour de ses 32 ans, Kamryn reçoit une lettre d'Adèle qu'elle ne peut ignorer : Adèle est à l'hôpital, mourante. Pardonner à son amie, la s...more
Published 2006 by France Loisirs

To ask other readers questions about La Fille De Ma Meilleure Amie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Fille De Ma Meilleure Amie

Maria M. Elmvang
"My Best Friend's Girl" was a LOT better than I'd expected it to be. I don't know why I wasn't expecting too much of it - I mean, after all I bought it, surely I must have felt it was worth reading? I think my problem is that I'd gotten to the point where I felt good chick-lit is hard to find, and that this one would be as shallow as the rest. Fortunately I was mistaken. I laughed and cried in turn practically from page one. It's an extremely moving story and one that has you guessing right to t...more
Tea Jovanović
Odlična knjiga (ne zato što sam je ja odabrala i bila joj urednik)... :) Ova autorka je bila veoma prijatno iznenađenje za mene... I jedna od retkih "ženskih" knjiga koju odlično pamtim i posle toliko godina otkako sam je čitala... (a dešavalo mi se da tri meseca posle završetka prevoda recimo Danijele Stil zaboravim radnju knjige jer me se nije "dojmila", pa kad na televiziji treba da pričam o toj knjizi ja najpre treba da je prelistam da se podsetim "o čemu se beše radi")... :) A zbog posla či...more
Sharon
3.5★

Kamryn Matika and Adele Brannon were best friends that was until, Adele slept with Kamryn's fiance, Nate. If that wasn't bad enough, Kamryn then finds out that, Adele is pregnant with Nate's baby. After finding out all this shocking information, Kamryn decides she wants nothing to do with either of them and it's now time to move on with her own life.

Two years later, Kamryn is all excited about celebrating her birthday and greets the mailman as she knows there will be a few cards for her, but...more
Charlie (Letter Trails)
"I was laughing and crying from page one." - Adele Parks

This book exceeded my expectations. I fell in love with the blurb and it urged me to buy it but I never thought I could fall in love more than I already am. It was a perfect mix of a heart-warming and gut-wrenching story. I thought I knew how the story would roll and that I would just need to be filled with the little gaps in between but I was wrong. I never even guessed the ending.

Koomson did a perfect job in characterization because they...more
Jacki Ford
Sep 07, 2007 Jacki Ford rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone!
This book is a fabulous read!!! Very moving - the charachters are so real that you feel for them and their pain.

Its a great story line and sometimes I was thought I knew how it would end but I didn't. I cried lots and laughed a bit too but couldnt put it down and felt like I had lost a friend when it finished.

Would definately recommned.
Danderma
One of my favorite books of all time is the timeless novel “My Best Friend’s Girl” by one of my favorite authors Dorothy Koomson. I have read it over and over as the loveliness of this books is just too overwhelming.

I just adore this book. It is so beautifully written, so realistic, so filled with emotions you would find your self lost in the pages. It’s the kind of book you wish you could lose sleep over so you could finish… it’s the kind of book you could forsace your social life just to flip...more
Megan
I picked this up in England as a chick-lit-vacation-read. I barely scanned the back of the book before grabbing it, and somehow missed that "best friend's girl" wasn't "best friend's girlfriend" (that, one would assume, the narrative "my" was also after), but rather "best friend's daughter." And that the promised romance (because, after all, the cover was in soft pink and green pastels -- come on!) was not between these two characters.

Do not read this book in public. Especially if you're a woman...more
Jasminka
Kći moje najbolje prijateljice – Dorothy Koomson

Ovo je dirljiva i tragična priča, koja poteže puno važna etička i univerzalna pitanja – možemo li oprostiti predaju svoje najbolje prijateljice i svog verenika, možemo li odgajati njihovo dete i voljeti ga, možemo li živeti sa saznanjem da smo mogli oprostiti, a nismo i nikad ne možemo, jer je osoba umrla, kako i pored očaja i žalosti produžiti dalje, kako pružiti oslonac detetu koje je ostalo samo na svetu i kako ga štititi i od okoline i od sudbi...more
Patricia Rodrigues
Li este livro a uma velocidade incrível, comecei na 6ª à noite e no dia seguinte, ao início da noite, já estava terminado.
É um livro muito tocante e comovente, tendo por várias vezes começado a chorar e outras a fazer um esforço para que tal não acontecesse.

Na primeira parte do livro, Kamryn, após receber um postal de aniversário por parte de Adele, vai ter com ela ao hospital, nunca acreditando que Adele está tão doente. No entanto, Adele sofre de leucemia e resta-lhe pouco tempo de vida, e ped...more
Fiona Caldarevic
Started out amazing. I cried buckets over the first couple of chapters. Then it turned into a bad soapie, with far-fetched scenarios (the boss decides to spend the weekend at the girl's house because he likes the kid, even though he despises her, because he's got "nothing better to do"? I don't think so!). The main character was annoying and made stupid decisions. Her confusion over whether she loves one guy more than another was also stupid and annoying. I was also left feeling frustrated that...more
Dalila.
This book is BEAUTIFUL!Brilliant It made me cry, it made me laugh It's a tale of friendship, betrayal, forgiveness and love.The best character in is Tegan the little girl you fall in love with her the minute she appears in the book .This is an excellent book,it is a must read.
Pooja Jeevagan
I hate this author..seriously, I hate this girl..because as soon as I get her book in my hands, she makes me desperately wish for a weekend...and then on Friday night, this girl keeps me awake till 4 as I try to finish this book...reach the last page...all the while wishing that the book was a little longer...that the ending wasn't so near...after all, an amazing story is going on...I want to keep reading it..

By far, this has topped among the other three I've read by the madam...and though I am...more
Tempo de Ler
Penosamente realista, A Filha da Minha Melhor Amiga explora, de forma muito emotiva e comovente, a dor que o diagnóstico oncológico, patologia tão infelizmente comum nos nossos dias, arrasta consigo e as ruínas que deixa à sua passagem.

A história de uma bonita amizade entre duas mulheres, arrasada por uma traição condenável - a recuperação do que foi perdido; a restauração de sentimentos esquecidos. A libertação final. As injustiças da vida…e da morte.
Vítima de leucemia, Adele não tem com que...more
Rita
Kamryn no dia do seu 32º aniversário recebe um postal da sua amiga Adele, com quem não mantém contacto há vários anos. Neste postal informa-a que se encontra num hospital, bastante doente. Apesar de tudo o que se passou entre ambas, Kamryn dirige-se ao hospital e o que presencia vai contra tudo o que pensara. A pessoa que em tempos foi a sua melhor amiga encontra-se com leucemia e a morrer, completamente diferente da mulher que conheceu. Num último pedido antes de falecer, Adele pede a Kamryn qu...more
Christa
About a quarter of the way through this book, I almost decided not to read the rest of it, which is very unusual for me. I was not finding any of the adult characters likeable, and was not enjoying reading about them. I decided to keep trying to go on, and before long, I finally started to empathize with the characters barely enough to care what became of them. The main character, Kamryn Matika, is given a huge shock when her estranged dying friend, Adele, asks her to raise her child. The two be...more
Heather
I had some big expectations of this book. With all the high ratings and praise it was given, I was thoroughly looking forward to this book. I expected high emotions and a great story, which is what I got. But the execution of the story itself is what disappointed me. I'll tell you why:

At the beginning the interaction of Ryn and Del felt genuine and I enjoyed that. All the way up to Ryn interacting with Tegan was great. But then once Luke and Nate got involved, it was just so over the place. I ju...more
Paula
Have not been a great lover of chick lit - didnt see the point. A book is a book whatever the 'target' market. I discovered this book/author by accident - needed something to tie me over on a long journey, thats where i see chick lit - something to pick up read, doze off, read and not have difficulties in trying to keep with the story line. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN, and fought the sleep to get it finished. i cried, i laughed out loud and crindged along with the characters.
The characters came boun...more
Jen
Next book on the list that I am reading with a friend from work. Just read the first chapter so far, but it seems good.

It wasn't horrible, except the characters all had the morals of back alley cats in heat. After page 238 I just couldn't rad anymore. It wasn't graphic, but the reader knows what happened and it was just plain sad. The premise of the book is that the best friend slept with the main character's fiancee, causing the fiance and main character to break up. Being that was a major plo...more
Carrie
This is a surprisingly sweet story. It looks like chicklit, and I think it certainly tried to sell itself as chicklit based on cover copy and design, but evades that genre with more sweetness and depth.

Honestly, I could have done without Kamryn's romantic struggles and would have preferred to see more focus on her growing relationship with Tegan, her adopted daughter.

The book was an overall enjoyable read, but I feel like it broke down at the end and felt false and rushed.
Annaleise
I lean between 3 and 4 stars for this one. I normally wouldn't touch chick-lit with a 10-foot pole, but Koomson came well recommended. She covers similar subject matter to the likes of Jodi Picoult, in that she writes about people experiencing stressful and dramatic life events, but I think she handles them much better than Picoult, without them reading like a soap-opera and I appreciated the quality of the writing a lot more.

The enjoyment factor was a 4-star, but there were a couple of little...more
Lidija
Već dugo nisam čitala knjigu nakon koje sam još dugo razmišljala. Inače nisam u zadnje vrijeme pobornik takvih knjiga,mislila sam da će ovo biti jedna kisela limunada,ali sam se ugodno iznenadila čitajući je. Topla priča o ljubavi, prijateljstvu i izboru praštanja. Moja preporuka za žene koje ne znaju praštati, ali i za one koje imaju jednu važnu prijateljicu u svom životu. Ili su je imali. :-)
Cheryl in CC NV
Count me as one of the readers who thought this would be lighter, and shallower, than it was. The other cover is much better, imo. The ending was kinda abrupt, but overall it was def. an enjoyable and provocative read, and I will be looking at more in this imprint (is that the right word?) and by this author.
Lucy
This book amazed me. It was worth every minute I spent on it. Koomson tells the story of two women who are trying to adjust to their new lives together. Trough tears and laughter they find way to support each other in the most unexpected way. I love this book and I would recommend it to anyone.
Isa Cerqueira
It was better than any book I have read before. It is so beautifully written, so realistic and so filled with emotions you would find yourself lost in the pages. It was a quick read because I just couldn't put it down. I loved the story, I loved the characters. Best book ever, seriously.
Maggie
Wow! I started this one one saturday afternoon to unwind. Meant to read a chapter and nod off... Several fantastic hours later I closed the book after the last word on the last page. It was worth every minute of my missed nap and afternoon/evening of chores.
Nicki
Skimmed at the half way mark and don't feel like I missed much.
Really didn't enjoy this. I've read several of Dorothy's books and enjoyed most, this is definitely my least favourite.
It starts off well. Usual good storyline, interesting dilemma with Kamryn hearing from her old best friend, Adele.
The pair haven't spoken in years, not since Kamryn discovered Adele slept with her fiancé, Nate. Worse, Adele became pregnant and had a child, Kamryn's much loved goddaughter, Tegan. (She previously li...more
Naomi
My Best Friends Girl starts with Kamryn’ s 32nd birthday, she is all excited and happy it is her birthday until she comes across a card from her best friend Adele asking her to come to the hospital because she is dying, they have not spoken in about 2 years after Kamryn found out that Adele had slept with her Fiancé Nate.

Kamryn is hesitant to go to the hospital to face her best friend, but in the end she goes, Adele asks her to adopt her daughter Tegan once she has passed.

Adele’s request hits K...more
Rachel Lee
My Best Friend's girl by Dorothy Koomson follows the life of Kamryn Matika as very difficult choices in life lead her to a whole new outcome and understanding of her situation. Starting off as best friends, Kamryn and her best friend Adele thought nothing could come between them, this was until Adele slept with Kamryn's fiance and became pregnant.
Vowing never to have contact with any of them again, Kamryn receives a letter years later from Adele.
Adele, now a victim of leukemia begs Kamryn to b...more
Michelle
I came upon this book purely by accident - it was incorrectly shelved in the library and fell out while I was reaching for another book. My intention was to put it back where it belonged, but I ended up checking it out hoping for a quick, simple book to read at the pool.

It was a quick read - simply because I just couldn't put it down. But to be fair, like life, this story isn't so simple. A woman receives word that her estranged best friend, Adele, is dying and has named her the guardian of her...more
Roberta
Sapevo che si trattava di un romanzo 'leggero', ma avevo sentito parlare così bene di My Best Friend's Girl che ero sicura che mi sarebbe piaciuto molto. Kamryn non vede da anni la sua migliore amica, ma ora Adele sta morendo di leucemia e ha una richiesta piuttosto impegnativa: vuole che Kamryn adotti sua figlia Tegan, che ha solo cinque anni. Il problema è che anni prima Kamryn era uscita dalla vita della sua amica perché aveva scoperto che Adele era stata a letto con il suo ragazzo e promesso...more
friendship and loss 3 29 Sep 26, 2012 12:35PM
  • The Baby Trail
  • Always and Forever
  • Daddy's Girls
  • Night Music
Hello, my name's Dorothy Koomson and I'll try to make this bit that's all about me as interesting as possible.
I wrote my first novel called There's A Thin Line Between Love And Hate when I was 13. I used to write a chapter every night then pass it around to my fellow convent school pupils every morning, and they seemed to love it.

I grew up in London and then grew up again in Leeds when I went to u...more
More about Dorothy Koomson...
The Ice Cream Girls Goodnight, Beautiful Marshmallows for Breakfast The Woman He Loved Before The Chocolate Run

“Share too much and someone can hurt you.” 188 likes
“Far too many people opened their hearts and lives at the drop of a hat. Why give someone that power over you? Why endow them with the ability to hurt you that much? Let someone in and you were asking for an emotional kicking some day.” 132 likes