Start by marking “Forever Amber Brown” as Want to Read:
Forever Amber Brown

Forever Amber Brown (Amber Brown)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  552 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Amber's mom is thinking of getting married. This will change everything! But no matter what her mom decides, Amber will be forever Amber Brown. Picture frame key chain included in every copy.
Published September 1st 1997 by Scholastic Books (first published September 9th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Amber Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Amber Brown

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel HawthorneGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussA Clockwork Orange by Anthony BurgessThe Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar WildeA Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
A Kaleidoscope of Colors
244th out of 699 books — 86 voters
Amber Brown Wants Extra Credit by Paula DanzigerAmber Brown Is Not a Crayon by Paula DanzigerJumping in Mud Puddles by Vickie MendenhallMeet Samantha by Susan S. AdlerSamantha's Boxed Set by Valerie Tripp
Childhood memories
17th out of 25 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Jared Burton
Danciger, Paula. Forever Amber Brown. New York: Scholastic Inc., 1997.
Genre - Fiction - Family Issues
This book is about Amber Brown and her time spent during her fourth grade year. Her parents are divorced which leaves Amber feeling confused about Max, her mom's boyfriend. Amber is feeling confused because she actually really likes Max but also misses her dad. Along with these family tensions she is also dealing with the onset of puberty and wanting to grow up. The book ends with her and her mo...more
Luisa
This was a fun, quick book to read to my little one. It's pretty kid-friendly and simple context.

In the story, Amber has to face some change and in the end decides that some things will change and some stay the same, but she will always be herself.

This book is written from the perspective of nine-year-old Amber Brown, so it's very easy to follow and relatable if you're about 8 or 9 years old and a girl. So, I recommend this as a great and enjoyable book for girls ages 8-9 years old. If you're o...more
Mackenzie
it was silly
Dolly
Jan 31, 2011 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are working our way through the Amber Brown series by Paula Danziger. It's a good group of stories that starts out with easy readers (when Amber is younger) and moves up to chapter books, following Amber and her family and friends through the early years of Elementary School. Amber experiences heartaches, confusion and frustration as she deals with her parents' divorce, her parents dating other people, friends who move away and other serious issues within the continuing plot line. But she als...more
Carmen
The pacing is perfect for the 1st-3rd grade audience and deals with an issue not written about much in books for young readers--the changes that come when a divorced parent starts dating and thinking about getting remarried. Amber's worries and anxieties are authentic. What's more, she's also thoughtful, reflective, and a lot of fun. Not quite the spunk of Clementine, less attitude than Junie B., but an altogether relatable character and enjoyable to read.
Christy
Just when Amber Brown thinks everything is settling down, life changes again. She's finally used to fourth grade, her new best friend is really terrific, and her school pictures even look good enough to send to her dad in Paris.
Just when Amber is used to Max being her mom's boyfriend, he asks her to marry him. The way Amber's life keeps changing, will she be able to remain.
Danielle Dykstra
Amber Brown is hilarious! I love her sense of humor in. She is a character you will fall in love with! In this book, Amber talks about her parents getting a divorce and how change can be hard, especially for a kid.
Brian Hodges
Don't know if I would have responded quite so strongly to this book if a) my seven-year-old hadn't urged me to read it and b) same said seven-year-old is going through almost EXACTLY the same thing in her own life.

Amber Brown is the child of divorce. She wants her parents to get back together even though she knows it probably won't happen. She wants her mom to be happy, but she's not sure she wants that happiness to involve her new boyfriend, Max. It's a story told simply, yet funnily with a to...more
Trent Duskie
Really good book about a girl named Amber. Tells about her daily struggle and what she goes threw to be the best of her abilities. Good classroom ideas that could be taught especially respect.
Kaye
Amber is in fourth grade. Her mom wants to get engaged to Max. Amber isn't sure she wants a step dad, but she likes Max. Amber discovers she can cope with change. A story about dealing with divorce and family issues. Again, I like how Amber and her mother talk about their problems, and that they include Max in their discussions as well.
Monica Happy Reading All!!
This is a very cute story. Amber Brown is a girl who is 9 years old and talks her life. Her parents are divorced and mom is thinking of getting engaged to Max. She doesn't want things to change or does she.

I found it interesting because it deals with an interesting situation that many children have to deal with. Some not always at a young age.
Emily
Amber's mom's boyfriend, Max, asks Amber's mom to marry him. Both Amber and her mother have to decide how to feel about that. A trip to visit Justin's family in Alabama helps them decide.
Again, Danziger portrays a young girl's challenges in a very realistic manner. Amber is entertaining and real.
Lizzy Lan
Amber gets to go on a surprise trip to Alabama to visit Justin! She's so excited, but she's also nervous because her mom is trying to decide if she should marry her boyfriend, Max. Amber's not sure how she feels about Max marrying her mom, but she sure is excited to see Justin!
Jaisha Taveras
This book is about a girl named amber that people call her names and she says that she always would be amber brown no matter what .
I learned that no matter what people say you should always be you. you could find this book in bin RST. In Ms. lacy's room.
Samantha
Amber Brown reminds me of an older Junie B. She is just as funny. Amber struggles with change in this book and can't decide if she wants her mom to marry her boyfriend, Max. Would be great for kids struggling with divorce and step families.
Noodar Yasmeen
5th in the series.

Loved it! Loved it when she ruined her photos! An d loved the rest of the book as well! I'd recommend all students of grade 3 and 4 to read it!
Kenefick
It's a really good book. I liked it a lot. I liked how it relates to any person because it's about her life and what goes on in it.
Ana Bea
i loved this book the reason why is because it shows me how other people might feel when their mom or dad are divorced.
Kate
I don't remember this one at all, but I gave 5 stars because that's what I gave the other Amber Brown books.
I read this book in 4rth grade, and I still remember this book and it was my favorite since.
maddykorneychuk
"ugg, having divorced parents is a disaster" says Amber Brown
Jacob
I didn't like it TOO much but I still liked it. It was OK.
Jamie Leeper
Amber Brown is soooooo funny! I loved this book!
Kyliegh
Amber Brown Rcks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joelle Anthony
Danziger can do no wrong, as usual.
P.n.m
The funniest book in this series.
Winnie
love the cover page.ahhahah.
Kashai Galloway
This book is really funny!
GnomeBandit
a childhood favorite!
Mustang
Apr 25, 2012 Mustang rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mg

The book was funny.
Amber Bron books 1 5 Jun 09, 2010 04:39PM
  • Horrible Harry's Secret
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Cam Jansen and the Ghostly Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #16)
  • Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook (Junie B. Jones, #9)
  • Better to Wish (Family Tree, #1)
  • Clementine and the Spring Trip (Clementine, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet (Henry and Mudge, #20)
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil...more
More about Paula Danziger...
The Cat Ate My Gymsuit Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon P.S. Longer Letter Later (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #1) Amber Brown Goes Fourth The Pistachio Prescription