Start by marking “Wanted Dead or Alive” as Want to Read:
Wanted Dead or Alive

Wanted Dead or Alive

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  312 ratings  ·  36 reviews

Time in a bottle...

Her inheritance amounted to a treasure map, a bottle of whiskey, and a wanted poster of the Old West gentleman outlaw she had resented her whole life.

One sip of the amber liquid tumbles her back in time and into the arms of the very man she resents.

But live and in person, his penetrating eyes and cocky swagger put her heart on the line. And his life...W
Published September 24th 2011 by Tholden Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Wanted Dead or Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanted Dead or Alive

Nikki McCarver
Samantha Hendricks often wondered exactly who was the first to take her father from her. Most of his life was spent wrapped up in a historical figure she had grown to despise. If truth be known, her father was obsessed with Jesse Kincaid, or better known as The Gentleman Robber. It was an appropriate title considering the fact that this dead man had literally robbed her of her father long before the grim reaper came to claim him. Samantha had never understood her obsession with the outlaw, that ...more
Isis
Wanted - Amber Scott

A western romance with a time-travel twist. Our plucky young heroine travels back in time to meet the lifelong obsession of her recently deceased father - notorious outlaw Jesse Kincaid.

Samantha and Jesse find that they ave an instant connection. Until Samantha disappears back into her own time. This pattern repeats itself, but things conspire against the young lovers and both must overcome history of their own if they hope to find a way to have a life together.

Tried and tr
Tina
2.5 stars.

This book didn't work for me. The premise was great, but I felt the execution was lackluster. And the end was fairly corny and cheesy. I guess it just felt too random for my tastes. It was intriguing and I liked the characters, but there were too many wtf moments for me to say I enjoyed this read. I'll only recommend this one if you find it for free.
Ellen
This was my first Kindle book, which I chose because I enjoy Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series of time travel books so much. Outlander this decidedly was not. The cheesy sex scenes made me want to cringe and chuckle at the same time. Thank goodness it was free.
Jackie
I bought this book a few months ago and hadn't read it yet. I didn't know how the time travel would work and what I would think of it. I really liked this book. Jesse and Samantha being from different times and falling in love make it work.

There's an instant connection between them. Samantha has lost her father when she gets his inheritance which she's a bit bitter towards. But then she time travels with the help of something her father left her and she meets Jesse. Jesse is an outlaw who has t
Holly
Samantha's dad dies and her 'inheritance' is a box that contains an old mostly full bottle of whiskey and a wanted poster for Jesse Kincaid. Her dad was obsessed with Kincaid and his life as a career thief. Samantha decides to drink some of the whiskey and comes to right near Jesse and has an odd connection to him and is protected by him. She believes it was just a dream and goes on with her life, even decides to sell the Kincaid memorabilia, but little does she know that the woman she is sellin ...more
Beckey
Interesting read...

Samantha "Sam" Hendricks, a law school student from California.
Her father passes away. His home is now owned by the bank, his truck now belongs to a local pawn shop, the only thing that was left to Sam was box.

All Sam ever wanted was her father's attention. They both have had an estranged relationship for the past two years. He passes away with many unanswered questions.

Sam decides to opens the box, only to find an open bottle of whiskey, a treasure map of some sorts, and a
Leslie Callahan
At first I almost gave up. Thought it was going to be a trashy romance. I forged on and I wasn't too far off. I enjoy different aspects of time travel and the imagination of the authors but I also like a good story line. I thought this author was at times hard to follow her idea or what she was trying to convey.
It was an easy read and it made me ponder "what if" a lot and I was also eager to see how it ended so it earned 2 stars vs 1
Jacquie
I'll have a drink of that!

Western romance at its finest! Nothing like combining time-travel with a good old-fashioned western, and throw in a little (or a lot) of spice for good measure.

Samantha's inheritance was a bit on the meager side, and disappointing, too. She knew her father had been obsessed with the Old West outlaw, Jesse Kincaid, but she didn't know the significance of the map and a little bottle of whiskey.

This story hops back and forth from contemporary to the Old West and I love the
Stacey Conrad
Kindle freebie, romance, outlaws, treasure, time travel, western

Samantha, grieving after the death of her father, gets to sell the treasure map and wanted posters of Jesse Kincaid, the author who took up all of his time, to rid herself o the distraction that stole her father from her, and hopefully make some money for law school tuition. What she didn’t count on was meeting Jesse and falling for him dreaming.

This romance was pretty good. I had a little trouble with the time travel-her transition
Mimi Lovingbooks
Kindle freebie, romance, outlaws, treasure, time travel, western

Lacey
I'm kinna torn on this one. Perhaps 2.5 stars. I thought the way Samantha went back in time was pretty unique! I never would of thought of that as a way to travel back. But I felt the romance was wayyyyyyy to fast. I mean they were practically boning each other the minute they met. Which I suppose could happen but, it would be very rare. When I read these types of books I like a little built up tension between the two lovers, where they try to fight it through out the book, then eventually give ...more
Misha Tagliaferro
I loved the plot and the means of time travel. The romantic tension was amazing as well. The only reason I gave it three stars is because there was too much emphasis on the sexual attraction and not enough on the emotional connection, but that's more a matter of personal preference than anything. I still enjoyed the story, despite having to skim past too many sexy bits to get back to the story. For readers who like descriptive sex scenes in their romances, this book is a good choice. If you're l ...more
Flora Roberts
I must say, what instantly caught my attention with this book was the smokin' hot cover. I mean, who wouldn't want their own Jesse Kincaid? Hot damn! The man is sexy as sin, and made my toes curl! The love and emotions that Sammie and Jesse share are something that people hope to discover in their lifetime, me included. And the lovemaking? Oh, damn, SINFUL! Made me want to find some alone time...just sayin'! Awesome story! Major kudos, Ms. Amber Scott! Loved it!

~Flora Roberts
Linda B.D.
This was a very good read. It has crimes in the old West, romance, murder, and a lot of mystery. Loveable characters come to life. Smooth writing. No long drawn-out scenes, no repeats of sentences. It was a different type of time travel book and that's what made it great. It's the way they time travel that makes this so interesting. No, no one goes back in time by accident- which made it refreshing. Another keeper on my shelf.
Vikki Vaught
Well, this was a time travel love story with an unusual twist. Samantha kept going back and forth between the past and the present. Usually once the character travels back in time they stay there until the end of the story. In the end, Samantha was able to bring Jesse back with her and they found their HEA. This story moved along fairly well and overall I enjoyed it, I just didn't love it.
Michael
I thought this was a great read, with a really neat twist on the romance/western genre. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that how the main character could transport back and forth wasn't fully explained (or maybe I am too much of a duh to have understood), but other than that, this was a wildly romantic book that knows how to hold your attention.
Annelise
Really liked this book and not because it was a free read! What I liked the best was how the time travel was written. Amber didn't focus the whole book around the topic and instead allowed more emotion and feeling to come through. I wouldn't call this book a historical romance, but it was definitely fun to go back to the Wild West and fall in love.
Nina
A nice book to read the hottest day of the summer away. I am not a fan of time-traveling stories unless they are being told by Diana Gabaldon in her "Outlander Series" but this was a quick easy read with one of my favorite bad guy but soo good guy Jesse James. It will fall in my category of "bubble gum for the brain." Enjoy!
Judy Wise
Interesting time travel. Had just a little trouble following the transitions back and forth at the beginning finally caught on and found this to be a good story. Different from most time travels. I enjoyed it very much.
Georgina
***SPOILER***

Thorougly enjoyed this book. In fact, a five star read until the final pages. The end is too abrupt for me - I would like to have learnt more about Jesse's adapting to life in the twenty-first century.
Nicolette Hugo
A really sweet love story. The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my all time favourite book so was interested to see how the time travel would work in this and it was well done enough. Jesse was yum!
Kathy
The book started out o.k., then towards the middle, the sex scences were starting to get tiresome. The ending felt a little too rushed to me. Glad that it was a free download.
Michelle
Enjoyed the twist on the mode of time travel, enjoyed the time periods it was set in as well. However, the ending fell flat for me.
CassandraG
Time travel romance with a little action, comedy and romantic timing that was meant to be. Highly recommendable and thoroughly enjoyable.
Victoria
This was a good book but it kind of got confusing during parts of the story. Overall the book was a great read and real page turner.
Krystle
Little steamy for me, but a good, quick read. I would've liked a little more conversation to build the relationship on, but I enjoyed it.
Kbee
It was ok!| Missing a lot of depth.To much left unsaid. Took one and a half day to read only 190 pages...not captivating enough.
Heather
A great love story. Two people from different centuries meant to be sole mates. Its very romantic and heart-gripping.
Jenny (Novel Idea)
This was my first time-travel romance. It was "aight". Not my particular genre but I am exploring different genres.
  • California Caress
  • Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance Series, # 2)
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Another Dawn
  • Out of Time
  • A Twist of Fate
  • The Time Baroness
  • Return of the Rose
  • If I Can't Have You
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Dress (Bad Luck Brides, #1)
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Much Ado About Marshals
  • Colby's Child
  • Fated
  • Spellbound
  • Spur of the Moment
In between naptimes and dishes, Amber Scott escapes into her characters' fates, loves, and complications. A native Nevadan she now makes her home in Phoenix, AZ with her husband and two children. She enjoys contributing monthly interviews with industry insiders at 1stTurningPoint.com and loves to blog at her weblog and at PlotMamas.com. She's addicted to chocolate, often burns dinner and still bel ...more
More about Amber Scott...
Irish Moon (Moon Magick, #1) Fierce Dawn (ParaRealm, #1) Soul Search Love Lust (Vegas ParaRealm, #1) Yearnings: A Paranormal Romance Box Set