Start by marking “Promises To Keep” as Want to Read:
Promises To Keep

Promises To Keep

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Annie Turner has lived in small-town Thompkin all of her life. Her family is poor, but she and her siblings have loving parents and a roof over their heads. As far as she’s concerned, she’s a lucky girl.

Travis Quincy’s ancestors founded Thompkin, deep in the Shenandoah Valley. He’s known immense wealth from birth, and for him that wealth is a part of his life that he’s nev...more
Published November 16th 2011 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Promises To Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promises To Keep

Love Is Never Past Tense... by Janna YeshanovaThe Ruby Brooch by Katherine Lowry LoganThe Billionaire's Bauble by Ann MontclairSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutKeeper of My Heart by Darcy Flynn
Best ebooks
11th out of 457 books — 642 voters
Kiss of the Betrayer by Boone BruxHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickShield of Fire by Boone BruxTouched by the Magic by Maxine MansfieldSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Gorgeous Book Covers
73rd out of 367 books — 255 voters

More lists with this book...

Morgan
A touching story with a gripping pace, moments of tenderness, and moving demonstrations of loyalty and faith. The conflicts kept popping up just when it seemed all was resolved, or getting ready to smooth out. Even when the situation looked blackest, there was still an element of hope that kept the characters and story moving.
Rose Vanden Eynden
Char Chaffin's contemporary romance PROMISES TO KEEP is the story of a rich boy and a poor girl who fall in love one long summer day. But the love between young Travis Quincy and sweet Annie Turner is far from perfect. Secrets and shadows from the past threaten their idyllic hopes just as much as their youth and their personalities. One of the best things about PROMISES TO KEEP is the multi-dimensional characters Ms. Chaffin creates in this story. We see how much Travis loves Annie, but we also...more
B.J. Scott
This true coming of age story finds star-crossed lovers, Annie and Travis, faced with a variety of obstacles blocking their path to happiness--Travis' mother's objections to their relationship and her secrets from the past posing the biggest challenge. For a girl brought up with very little, Annie is rich in self-confidence, determination and heart. With her help, Travis, who has had everything money can buy, must decide if a promise made when they first fell in love is one he intends to keep. T...more
Virginia Boylan
I loved this book. The characters were endearing as children and their continued relationship as they grew up was heartwarming and convincing. Ms. Chaffin put me right there in the heroine's living room and even managed my compassion for the hero's demented mother. She kept me reading all the way and rooting for the kids to the very end. I was sorry for the book to end.
Alice Machwart
I just finished reading Promises to Keep and absolutely loved it! Char Chaffin had the ability to draw me in and keep me reading. I enjoyed all of the charactors but became completely enthralled in Annie's charactor. There were times I didn't want to put the book down because I couldn't wait to see what was next. I highly recommend you check this book and this author out.
Donna
A wonderful coming of age book with deep and true characters. One rich, one poor, but really which is which? No spoilers, but you will enjoy getting to know these characters through Char's excellent prose. I definitely will be looking for more from her.
Selena Fulton
What a very sweet read. I loved the characters, the setting and the way the author tied all the ends together. She dealt with some heavy topics with style and compassion. I would definitely recommend this story to anyone.
Rebecca
A lovely romance. The characters were beautifully drawn, and the story gripping and real. You'll pull for Annie and Travis to find their way in the world and to each other. This is what happily-ever-after is all about.
Raven Raye
Wonderfully written sweet romance. Full of real-life type drama about loving someone from the wrong side of the tracks and how each of them views love and familial responsibility. I loved it.
Jill
This was a sweet story. I felt like there were a few too many details at times.
Mendy
Very sweet first love story. Liked the strong female character.
Linda Carroll-Bradd
Reunion stories are one of my favorite plot lines. This story was a compelling read with lots of family drama, some of which was heavy and serious in content. A realistic depiction of a small town and how the gossip flies, but also the wonderful ways families support one another. I'd recommend this title.
Benny
: I found this book very captivating. As soon as I started reading it I was hooked. I felt that the story line was realistic. People forget that arranged marriages exist in many different cultures. I think that the pressure that Travis has to endure is depicted very well as I found myself relating with him many times. The pressure and threat....

You will find the rest of the review if you follow the link :) Enjoy, it's a great E-mag. With lots of opportunities.

http:// issuu.com/btsemag/docs/aug...more
M.J. Compton
Had a difficult time putting this book down.
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/17/13
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Lana Waltosz
Lana Waltosz marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Galathiel
Galathiel marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Amanda Brown
Amanda Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Pildner József
Pildner József marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Annette Downes
Annette Downes marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Angi
Angi marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Get Promises to Keep for $2.99! 1 1 Feb 15, 2013 12:02PM
Char Chaffin writes mainstream and contemporary romance filled with family, rich characters and engaging plots. For her, it all comes back to the love.

From crafting Victorian-style poetry to writing short stories and novellas, Char finally settled on romance novels as her true passion. Over the years she worked a variety of jobs, from farm hand to costume designer to fiscal accountant, before deci...more
More about Char Chaffin...
Unsafe Haven All I Want For Christmas Is A Soulmate Jesse's Girl A Soulmate for Christmas