Start by marking “Promises To Keep” as Want to Read:
Promises To Keep

Promises To Keep

Annie Turner has lived in small-town Thompkin all of her life. Her family is poor, but she and her siblings have loving parents and a roof over their heads. As far as she’s concerned, she’s a lucky girl.

Travis Quincy’s ancestors founded Thompkin, deep in the Shenandoah Valley. He’s known immense wealth from birth, and for him that wealth is a part of his life that he’s nev
Published November 16th 2011 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Promises To Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promises To Keep

Morgan
Jan 24, 2012 Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-a-b-c, 2012
A touching story with a gripping pace, moments of tenderness, and moving demonstrations of loyalty and faith. The conflicts kept popping up just when it seemed all was resolved, or getting ready to smooth out. Even when the situation looked blackest, there was still an element of hope that kept the characters and story moving.
Rose Vanden Eynden
Dec 19, 2011 Rose Vanden Eynden rated it really liked it
Char Chaffin's contemporary romance PROMISES TO KEEP is the story of a rich boy and a poor girl who fall in love one long summer day. But the love between young Travis Quincy and sweet Annie Turner is far from perfect. Secrets and shadows from the past threaten their idyllic hopes just as much as their youth and their personalities. One of the best things about PROMISES TO KEEP is the multi-dimensional characters Ms. Chaffin creates in this story. We see how much Travis loves Annie, but we also ...more
B.J. Scott
Feb 16, 2012 B.J. Scott rated it it was amazing
This true coming of age story finds star-crossed lovers, Annie and Travis, faced with a variety of obstacles blocking their path to happiness--Travis' mother's objections to their relationship and her secrets from the past posing the biggest challenge. For a girl brought up with very little, Annie is rich in self-confidence, determination and heart. With her help, Travis, who has had everything money can buy, must decide if a promise made when they first fell in love is one he intends to keep. T ...more
Alice Machwart
Feb 27, 2013 Alice Machwart rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Promises to Keep and absolutely loved it! Char Chaffin had the ability to draw me in and keep me reading. I enjoyed all of the charactors but became completely enthralled in Annie's charactor. There were times I didn't want to put the book down because I couldn't wait to see what was next. I highly recommend you check this book and this author out.
Virginia Boylan
Jun 25, 2012 Virginia Boylan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I loved this book. The characters were endearing as children and their continued relationship as they grew up was heartwarming and convincing. Ms. Chaffin put me right there in the heroine's living room and even managed my compassion for the hero's demented mother. She kept me reading all the way and rooting for the kids to the very end. I was sorry for the book to end.
Selena Fulton
Feb 26, 2013 Selena Fulton rated it it was amazing
What a very sweet read. I loved the characters, the setting and the way the author tied all the ends together. She dealt with some heavy topics with style and compassion. I would definitely recommend this story to anyone.
Rebecca
Dec 09, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely romance. The characters were beautifully drawn, and the story gripping and real. You'll pull for Annie and Travis to find their way in the world and to each other. This is what happily-ever-after is all about.
Donna
Dec 29, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing
A wonderful coming of age book with deep and true characters. One rich, one poor, but really which is which? No spoilers, but you will enjoy getting to know these characters through Char's excellent prose. I definitely will be looking for more from her.
Jill
Feb 24, 2013 Jill rated it liked it
This was a sweet story. I felt like there were a few too many details at times.
Raven Raye
Jun 13, 2012 Raven Raye rated it really liked it
Wonderfully written sweet romance. Full of real-life type drama about loving someone from the wrong side of the tracks and how each of them views love and familial responsibility. I loved it.
Mendy
Jun 13, 2012 Mendy rated it it was amazing
Very sweet first love story. Liked the strong female character.
Benny
Aug 16, 2013 Benny rated it really liked it
: I found this book very captivating. As soon as I started reading it I was hooked. I felt that the story line was realistic. People forget that arranged marriages exist in many different cultures. I think that the pressure that Travis has to endure is depicted very well as I found myself relating with him many times. The pressure and threat....

You will find the rest of the review if you follow the link :) Enjoy, it's a great E-mag. With lots of opportunities.

http:// issuu.com/btsemag/docs/aug
Zella
Jun 21, 2015 Zella rated it really liked it
I just love a good love story and this one fits the bill. Poor girl meets rich boy. The promise is made, but is it kept? There is some family involvement, but love is sometimes stronger than family ties, or is it? I don't' want to give it away, can you tell? I couldn't put this one down till the very end of the story. Good one!
Linda Carroll-Bradd
Jul 28, 2014 Linda Carroll-Bradd rated it really liked it
Reunion stories are one of my favorite plot lines. This story was a compelling read with lots of family drama, some of which was heavy and serious in content. A realistic depiction of a small town and how the gossip flies, but also the wonderful ways families support one another. I'd recommend this title.
Sue
Oct 30, 2014 Sue rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! Rich meets poor - and what a delightful tale it is. Rich, full characters made this one impossible to put down. I loved them all, even the sad villain. Have to admit, I was sad when it was over.
Samanthya Wyatt
Oct 28, 2014 Samanthya Wyatt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwrenching wonderful read

Absolutely wonderful heartwrenching read. I could not put the book down. A real page turner with a satisfying end. written so well.
M.J. Compton
Mar 30, 2014 M.J. Compton rated it really liked it
Had a difficult time putting this book down.
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/17/13
+  geEkinTHepINk  x
great hot sex. wish it was more original on the characters and plot so i didn't feel like reading FSOG all over again.
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
amal
amal rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Colleen Gilbert
Colleen Gilbert rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2013
RMK
RMK rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Connee D. Anderson
Connee D. Anderson rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Ruth Besterman
Ruth Besterman rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Sara V
Sara V rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Tarianna
Tarianna rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2014
Jenny Shepherd
Jenny Shepherd rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Get Promises to Keep for $2.99! 1 1 Feb 15, 2013 12:02PM
  • More Than Friends
  • Touched by the Magic (The Academy #1)
  • Cowboys Dream Too
  • Dentelle (The Guardian Series #3)
  • The Rancher and the Rock Star (Love From Kennison Falls, #1)
  • Impact  (Wild Men of Alaska, #1)
  • Breakaway (Hot Shots Trilogy, #1)
  • Conflicts of the Heart
  • A Tempest Soul
  • Rachel Dahlrumple
  • She's Not You
  • My Three Lords
  • Salvation, Texas
  • Crimson (Red Panty Diaries #1)
  • Love on St. Barts (St. Barts #1)
  • Trading Up
  • Love, Carry My Bags
  • Botanicaust  (Botanicaust #1)
Char Chaffin writes mainstream and contemporary romance filled with family, rich characters and engaging plots. For her, it all comes back to the love.

In partnership with fellow writer and BFF Cheryl Yeko, she also co-writes and publishes erotic and paranormal romance under the pen name CiCi Cordelia.

In addition to writing, Char is a Senior Acquisitions Editor for Soul Mate Publishing, and special
More about Char Chaffin...