Start by marking “Promises To Keep” as Want to Read:
Promises To Keep

Promises To Keep

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Annie Turner has lived in small-town Thompkin all of her life. Her family is poor, but she and her siblings have loving parents and a roof over their heads. As far as she’s concerned, she’s a lucky girl.

Travis Quincy’s ancestors founded Thompkin, deep in the Shenandoah Valley. He’s known immense wealth from birth, and for him that wealth is a part of his life that he’s nev
Published November 16th 2011 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Promises To Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promises To Keep

Love Is Never Past Tense... by Janna YeshanovaThe Ruby Brooch by Katherine Lowry LoganSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Billionaire's Bauble by Ann MontclairKeeper of My Heart by Darcy Flynn
Best ebooks
11th out of 537 books — 681 voters
Kiss of the Betrayer by Boone BruxHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickShield of Fire by Boone BruxTouched by the Magic by Maxine MansfieldSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Gorgeous Book Covers
75th out of 372 books — 272 voters

More lists with this book...

Morgan
A touching story with a gripping pace, moments of tenderness, and moving demonstrations of loyalty and faith. The conflicts kept popping up just when it seemed all was resolved, or getting ready to smooth out. Even when the situation looked blackest, there was still an element of hope that kept the characters and story moving.
Rose Vanden Eynden
Char Chaffin's contemporary romance PROMISES TO KEEP is the story of a rich boy and a poor girl who fall in love one long summer day. But the love between young Travis Quincy and sweet Annie Turner is far from perfect. Secrets and shadows from the past threaten their idyllic hopes just as much as their youth and their personalities. One of the best things about PROMISES TO KEEP is the multi-dimensional characters Ms. Chaffin creates in this story. We see how much Travis loves Annie, but we also ...more
B.J. Scott
This true coming of age story finds star-crossed lovers, Annie and Travis, faced with a variety of obstacles blocking their path to happiness--Travis' mother's objections to their relationship and her secrets from the past posing the biggest challenge. For a girl brought up with very little, Annie is rich in self-confidence, determination and heart. With her help, Travis, who has had everything money can buy, must decide if a promise made when they first fell in love is one he intends to keep. T ...more
Virginia Boylan
I loved this book. The characters were endearing as children and their continued relationship as they grew up was heartwarming and convincing. Ms. Chaffin put me right there in the heroine's living room and even managed my compassion for the hero's demented mother. She kept me reading all the way and rooting for the kids to the very end. I was sorry for the book to end.
Alice Machwart
I just finished reading Promises to Keep and absolutely loved it! Char Chaffin had the ability to draw me in and keep me reading. I enjoyed all of the charactors but became completely enthralled in Annie's charactor. There were times I didn't want to put the book down because I couldn't wait to see what was next. I highly recommend you check this book and this author out.
Donna
A wonderful coming of age book with deep and true characters. One rich, one poor, but really which is which? No spoilers, but you will enjoy getting to know these characters through Char's excellent prose. I definitely will be looking for more from her.
Selena Fulton
What a very sweet read. I loved the characters, the setting and the way the author tied all the ends together. She dealt with some heavy topics with style and compassion. I would definitely recommend this story to anyone.
Rebecca
A lovely romance. The characters were beautifully drawn, and the story gripping and real. You'll pull for Annie and Travis to find their way in the world and to each other. This is what happily-ever-after is all about.
Raven Raye
Wonderfully written sweet romance. Full of real-life type drama about loving someone from the wrong side of the tracks and how each of them views love and familial responsibility. I loved it.
Jill
This was a sweet story. I felt like there were a few too many details at times.
Mendy
Very sweet first love story. Liked the strong female character.
Zella
I just love a good love story and this one fits the bill. Poor girl meets rich boy. The promise is made, but is it kept? There is some family involvement, but love is sometimes stronger than family ties, or is it? I don't' want to give it away, can you tell? I couldn't put this one down till the very end of the story. Good one!
Linda Carroll-Bradd
Reunion stories are one of my favorite plot lines. This story was a compelling read with lots of family drama, some of which was heavy and serious in content. A realistic depiction of a small town and how the gossip flies, but also the wonderful ways families support one another. I'd recommend this title.
Sue
What a wonderful story! Rich meets poor - and what a delightful tale it is. Rich, full characters made this one impossible to put down. I loved them all, even the sad villain. Have to admit, I was sad when it was over.
Samanthya Wyatt
Heartwrenching wonderful read

Absolutely wonderful heartwrenching read. I could not put the book down. A real page turner with a satisfying end. written so well.
+  geEkinTHepINk  x
great hot sex. wish it was more original on the characters and plot so i didn't feel like reading FSOG all over again.
Benny
: I found this book very captivating. As soon as I started reading it I was hooked. I felt that the story line was realistic. People forget that arranged marriages exist in many different cultures. I think that the pressure that Travis has to endure is depicted very well as I found myself relating with him many times. The pressure and threat....

You will find the rest of the review if you follow the link :) Enjoy, it's a great E-mag. With lots of opportunities.

http:// issuu.com/btsemag/docs/aug
M.J. Compton
Had a difficult time putting this book down.
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/17/13
Erin Cristofoli
Erin Cristofoli marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
kitty_ranma
kitty_ranma marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Ronna
Ronna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Get Promises to Keep for $2.99! 1 1 Feb 15, 2013 12:02PM
  • Touched by the Magic (The Academy Series #1)
  • Cowboys Dream Too
  • More Than Friends
  • The Challenge
  • Dentelle (The Guardian Series #3)
  • The Rancher and the Rock Star (Rural Gentlemen, #1)
  • Gods and Monsters
  • Front Man: The Complete Trilogy (Three books in one volume)
  • Playing For Keeps
  • Impact  (Wild Men of Alaska, #1)
  • Unleashed
  • Healing Luke
  • Crimson (Red Panty Diaries #1)
  • My Three Lords
  • Revenge of a Band Geek Gone Bad
  • Trading Up
  • Love Today
  • Unexpected
Char Chaffin writes mainstream and contemporary romance filled with family, rich characters and engaging plots. For her, it all comes back to the love.

From crafting Victorian-style poetry to writing short stories and novellas, Char finally settled on romance novels as her true passion. Over the years she worked a variety of jobs, from farm hand to costume designer to fiscal accountant, before deci
More about Char Chaffin...
Unsafe Haven All I Want For Christmas Is A Soulmate Jesse's Girl A Soulmate for Christmas Rodeo King (Dustin Lovers Book 1)