Start by marking “Precious Bones” as Want to Read:
Precious Bones

Precious Bones

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  323 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
When the skeletal remains of a young woman and her baby are found entombed behind the kitchen wall of a historic Tudor house, Cassandra is overcome with grief. She seems to know who the young woman was, but not how she knows, or how she came to be there. Cassandra becomes inexplicably drawn to the house and the mystery of the "Bones of Blackfriars." As she begins to learn ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st, 221 pages
Published November 14th 2011 by Merlin Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Precious Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Precious Bones

Crossed by Ally CondieShatter Me by Tahereh MafiInheritance by Christopher PaoliniLegend by Marie LuThe Tally by E.G. Wolverson
Best books of November, 2011
30th out of 71 books — 178 voters
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa GregoryThe Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison WeirThe Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa GregoryThe Constant Princess by Philippa GregoryThe Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
Best Books About Tudor England
301st out of 495 books — 1,292 voters

More lists with this book...

Nanci de Suffren
Jul 07, 2013 Nanci de Suffren rated it liked it
How often do we experience that feeling of deja vu? Most don't take us back several centuries. I didn't say all because after reading this story I'm open to the possibility. :-) That being said, I have read several books which drift back and forth in time and do enjoy how authors have used this premise to weave very interesting stories. What tricks or triggers our mind back in time?

The era of Elizabeth and Mary of Scots was truly brutal and peopled by ambitious politicians who might make some o
KC

A bittersweet love story. Precious Bones is a romantic book in that it shows the power and boundlessness of true love. I actually became teary-eyed at one crucial point in the story even though I knew it was coming (I read the end. It's a bad habit I have although I don't do it often).

I liked the protagonists, especially Richard. I loved how protective and smitten he was of Constance. He was real man, one of integrity and bravery.

Although a compelling read, this was flawed in some are
Ivy Andrews
Nov 17, 2011 Ivy Andrews rated it it was amazing
A real page turner! A novel of suspense, murder and betrayal in Tudor England, and of course there is a beautiful love story. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a historical romance with a twist.
Cara
Oct 29, 2012 Cara rated it really liked it
My Summary: Betrayal, lust, murder, and envy surrounds the characters in this book. Cassandra sees a news story on the television about a girl and her baby that was walled into a house. She feels a strange connection to this young female. Who was she? This body had been in this house for hundreds of years. This feeling leads her to the impulse to buy this house in the Blackfriars. Which in turn leads to problems with her boyfriend. Now she is seeing visions of things that happened to this family ...more
Annie
Dec 30, 2011 Annie rated it really liked it
Wow! I was amazed at how much I liked this book! I was so surprised! I didn't have super high expectations when I started - it was a Lendle book and sometimes those are a little more lame than books they want you to pay for or are un-lendable. But I was blown away with how well this book flowed and the story line was really intriguing from the get-go and didn't let me down the whole time! I usually hate books that bounce back and forth between two different characters or time periods, but it was ...more
Theresa Pollara
Aug 08, 2014 Theresa Pollara rated it liked it
Decent story

Decent story

The historical portions of this book were very well researched and written. The author told a story rather than lectured. The story pulled the reader from historic portion to historic portion. The story would have been better without the interruptions of the modern day reincarnation portions. They pulled this story down from a 4 star review.
Erin Cornelius
Jan 07, 2016 Erin Cornelius rated it it was amazing
Julie Wittekind
Nov 19, 2015 Julie Wittekind rated it it was amazing
Fascinating!

Irina Shapiro has done it again! What an intriguing story of a love that last more than 500 years! Can two friends separated in the 1500's, find each other in the year 2010? I hope you will enjoy this tale as much as I did! It's simply fascinating!!!
Lori Greenlee
Always like her very books

I really like author . If you like easy reads with historical fiction , you'll like this book. not terribly detailed but enough to keep your interest.
Deborah Koehler
Dec 23, 2015 Deborah Koehler rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

I read this book in one sitting cover to cover! Enjoyed the weaving of the Tudor past with the present day.
Patty Johndro
Nov 18, 2015 Patty Johndro rated it really liked it
Captivating

I love English history and was totally caught up in this story. I found myself unable to put the book down.
Christine Wannberg
Dec 16, 2014 Christine Wannberg rated it it was amazing
great book

This was a great book and kept me entranced till the end. I would recommend this to everyone I know
Donna
Jul 25, 2012 Donna rated it liked it
Quite an interesting book. A book about lives interconnected. I found the parts about Tudor England to be far more interesting than the modern day period. The characters during the Elizabethan era were more emotional and multi dimensional. The main character of Cassandra was somewhat stilted and boring. I didn't feel anything for her one way or another. Constance, however, was another matter. She was a fascinating character. I loved her interactions with her sister and brother, as well as with R ...more
Lisa
Apr 08, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
amazing
Susan
Oct 25, 2015 Susan rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014, time-travel
I have read a number of books by this author, and have liked the majority of them. Not this one however. While it is not outright bad or badly written, it hit a number of sour notes for me and I did not like it or enjoy it. My criticisms are more of personal preference than general complaints that I would want to hurl at the author.
Heather
Oct 15, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: amazon-prime
The idea behind the book was good but I think the execution just wasn't there...I definetly don't think anyone should waste their time reading this book.
Sharonlb27
Apr 09, 2013 Sharonlb27 rated it liked it
I thought this was a good book. I had started with the Hands of Time series, and I really liked them. I generally will read as much of an author's books as I can, but I didn't want to read the more recent one (ones set in the 40's). I much prefer ones that are set farther back in time, of time-travel romances. This book was nice, a lot like Maya Banks' books. I am a sucker for romance books!
Kate
Sep 15, 2012 Kate rated it it was ok
I was surprised by how disappointed I was with this book, although I can't quite put my finger on what it was that I didn't like. The plot wasn't bad and neither was the writing style, but I couldn't connect with the characters or get emotionally invested in what happened to them. Overall it felt formulaic...the pieces were there but they just didn't quite come together right.
Julie
Feb 12, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
Very Enjoyable Read!!
Ella
Jun 27, 2013 Ella rated it really liked it
A very easy and entertaining read. I have always been fascinated with the topic of reincarnation, so I loved that element of the book very much. The back and forth between present and past was very cleverly handled. This book had everything love, murder, betrayal. This author never disappoints and always puts out a wonderful read.
Lisa
Aug 13, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
This was a great little afternoon read, predictable and passive, but pleasant and absorbing. A gentle intro to Elizabethan historical fiction for me:). It might not satisfy someone very well read on the time period, for Neither the plot or the characters were very complicated or well developed.
Lynn Young
Mar 01, 2013 Lynn Young rated it liked it
Quick read, almost too quick. Plot starts off good and I liked the characters. Problem was the book was too predictable and left some things unanswered. I hate that. But all in all still a decent enough book to pass an afternoon!
Louisa
Oct 29, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Really awesome book, but the way that things were in the past narrative, well, I really hated them, that all those injustices could happen, and it just made my blood boil! Loved that, and really care about this book though!
Sally-W
Mar 21, 2013 Sally-W rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I liked the story but the present-day chapters in particular, are full of typographical and grammatical errors as well as Americanisms - the narrator is supposed to be an English woman.

Anita
Mar 11, 2013 Anita rated it it was amazing
Good Read for sure. I thought the past and present blended well. It was predictable but I thoroughly enjoyed the way it came together. I am a sucker for a good love story :)
Sheree
Dec 06, 2011 Sheree rated it liked it
Quite enjoyed this one as a quickie read, but one less star due to all the typos. May have been a text to Kindle problem, but frustrating none the less :(
Chantal
Jun 25, 2015 Chantal rated it liked it
same patter than other books from this author.
still entertaining and historical
Valerie
Mar 02, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it
I thought this book was suspenseful yet romantic, a mystery with a happy ending, nice.
Parky2002
Feb 21, 2013 Parky2002 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read from this author. She has a great style of writing
Bonnie
May 19, 2012 Bonnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Written from two different situations, but not bad.
  • Dance of Desire
  • A Rose for Lancaster
  • The Wild Irish
  • Children of Salem
  • Ashes for the Elephant God
  • Tales of Ancient Rome (Vol #1)
I was born in Moscow, Russia during the hight of Communism and "enjoyed" the life of an average Russian child until my family's immigration to the United States in 1982. We settled in Brooklyn, NY where I finished school and then graduated from Bernard M. Baruch College in New York City with a degree in International Business. Despite my business degree, history and travel have always been my pass ...more
More about Irina Shapiro...