Start by marking “The Secret of Bigfoot” as Want to Read:
The Secret of Bigfoot

The Secret of Bigfoot (Six Million Dollar Man #9)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
It seemed like an ordinary mission when colonel Steve Austin set out to rescue a team of scientists trapped in the deep forest. But then he collided with a seven-foot bionic beast, and hurtled into the deadliest crisis of his superpowered career.

Alien explorers from outer space were using the rugged badlands as a test base. And they meant to complete their experiement--eve
Published (first published October 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Bigfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Bigfoot

Peter
May 06, 2008 Peter marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bobby Antosh
I hope that when I'm on my deathbed someone will hold a picture of Lee Majors in front of me. I can think of no better way to go to my maker than with the Six Million Dollar Man in my vision and on my mind.
DirqusMaximus
This is the "novelization" of an episode of the Six Million Dollar Man TV series called "The Secret of Bigfoot" (no one seems to know why "Pass" was added to the book's title). The joy of reading a tie-in like this is that the narration can provide little bonuses to the story - characters bits or background trivia you wouldn't otherwise glean from the script. At only 150 pages, this book was pretty light on those bonuses (although the ending apparently deviates from the episode a little). It's b ...more
Dave
Jan 09, 2014 Dave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a child of the 70's, and LOVED The Six Million Dollar Man TV show. Of course I had the action figure, comics, Records...
The 1st "Bigfoot" 2 parter blew my mind when it first aired.
I knew of this novelization for many years, but never had the chance to read it.
At long last, I got to read it!
It is very good!!! Now be aware that the writer tries to tie it in to the original novel Cyborg by Martin Caidin. The Steve Austin of the novel is a little different from his TV counterpart.
(As are his
John Drew
Feb 21, 2012 John Drew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know this is going to be based more on nostalgia, but this was literally my VHS copy of this episode in a time when one didn't have a VCR.
Travis
Apr 24, 2014 Travis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man, that was fun!

Loved this show as a kid and the Bigfoot episode was an important one.
It was one of the first to put Steve Austin up against a foe that could match him and second, this version of Bigfoot scared the crap out of me, as a kid and is one of the very first truly scary moments of TV to leave an imprint on my young impressionable mind.

The adaption does a nice job of recapping Steve's origin, filling in some details I don't remember from the show.
It also gives most of the cast just en
Bryan W.
Apr 28, 2016 Bryan W. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bryan
" The Secret Of Bigfoot Pass" by Mike Jahn is a fun book for fan of the Six Million Dollar Man TV Series !! It adapts the episode in which Bigfoot appears for the first time . Even if you have seen the episode, you can still get drawn in to the book . This is due to the writer . Jahn keeps up the suspense and the interest throughout the novel . He captures the characters , and does a good job in adapting the TV series to the Novelization !! That is not easy to do , since you are dealing with two ...more
MiChAeLPaUl
Earthquakes, aliens, and Big Feet!
Caeric
Caeric rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
BrianB
BrianB rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Erik C. Thauvin
Erik C. Thauvin marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Tim Werenko
Tim Werenko rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Jeff Calden
Jeff Calden rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Sheila Myers
Sheila Myers rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Kassidy
Kassidy marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Iura Breyner
Iura Breyner marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Suzie
Suzie added it
Sep 12, 2015
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Skander Mohamed
Skander Mohamed marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
James Stanfield
James Stanfield rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Colin
Colin rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Eric Cone
Eric Cone rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Carl
Carl rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
Donald
Donald is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013

Six Million Dollar Man (10 books)
  • Cyborg
  • Cyborg II: Operation Nuke
  • Wine, Women and War
  • The Six Million Dollar Man, Solid Gold Kidnapping
  • High Crystal
  • Pilot Error
  • The Rescue of Athena One (Six Million Dollar Man)
  • Cyborg IV