Start by marking “The Secret of Bigfoot” as Want to Read:
The Secret of Bigfoot

The Secret of Bigfoot (Six Million Dollar Man #9)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
It seemed like an ordinary mission when colonel Steve Austin set out to rescue a team of scientists trapped in the deep forest. But then he collided with a seven-foot bionic beast, and hurtled into the deadliest crisis of his superpowered career.

Alien explorers from outer space were using the rugged badlands as a test base. And they meant to complete their experiement--eve
Published (first published October 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Bigfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Bigfoot

Peter
May 06, 2008 Peter marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bobby Antosh
I hope that when I'm on my deathbed someone will hold a picture of Lee Majors in front of me. I can think of no better way to go to my maker than with the Six Million Dollar Man in my vision and on my mind.
Dave
I was a child of the 70's, and LOVED The Six Million Dollar Man TV show. Of course I had the action figure, comics, Records...
The 1st "Bigfoot" 2 parter blew my mind when it first aired.
I knew of this novelization for many years, but never had the chance to read it.
At long last, I got to read it!
It is very good!!! Now be aware that the writer tries to tie it in to the original novel Cyborg by Martin Caidin. The Steve Austin of the novel is a little different from his TV counterpart.
(As are his
John Drew
I know this is going to be based more on nostalgia, but this was literally my VHS copy of this episode in a time when one didn't have a VCR.
Travis
Man, that was fun!

Loved this show as a kid and the Bigfoot episode was an important one.
It was one of the first to put Steve Austin up against a foe that could match him and second, this version of Bigfoot scared the crap out of me, as a kid and is one of the very first truly scary moments of TV to leave an imprint on my young impressionable mind.

The adaption does a nice job of recapping Steve's origin, filling in some details I don't remember from the show.
It also gives most of the cast just en
MiChAeLPaUl
Earthquakes, aliens, and Big Feet!
Chad Wagner
Chad Wagner marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Donald
Donald is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Jul 21, 2011
Carol
Carol added it
May 30, 2010

Six Million Dollar Man (10 books)
  • Cyborg
  • Cyborg II: Operation Nuke
  • Wine, Women and War
  • The Six Million Dollar Man, Solid Gold Kidnapping
  • High Crystal
  • Pilot Error
  • The Rescue of Athena One (Six Million Dollar Man)
  • Cyborg IV
  • International Incidents
The Six Million Dollar Man International Incidents Wine, Women and War The Rescue of Athena One (Six Million Dollar Man) Murder on Theatre Row: A Bill Donovan Mystery (Bill Donovan Mysteries) Switch