Start by marking “The Mighty Avengers: An Origin Story” as Want to Read:
The Mighty Avengers: An Origin Story

The Mighty Avengers: An Origin Story

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When the world is overwhelmed with Super Villains, time traveling conquerors, alien invaders, mythical beasts and robots bent on the total destruction of humanity . . . the Earth calls upon its Mightiest Heroes: THE MIGHTY AVENGERS! Be here to witness the origin of the team as Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, Ant-Man, and the Wasp assemble into the ultimate force for good!
Published April 3rd 2012 by Marvel Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mighty Avengers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mighty Avengers

David Caldwell
This is the origin story of the Avengers as told in the form of a young child's story. It has been simplified to short scenes with a single picture and brief description. There isn't any dialogue.

The story would make a good bedtime story to read to a young toddler. (Start that next generation of geeks early, not that they really need help.) It would also be good as a beginning reader for a child that is interested in superheroes.
Same question as I asked Captain America Joins the Avengers - Where was this book when I was little? This series is awesome.
I am so so so so glad that the bad guy lost the fight.You really have to read this book it is AWESOME
Sean O
An excellent introduction to the Avengers origin suitable for early readers. The story is updated for modern readers.

There's no dialog to speak of, and the characters are fairly one-dimensional, but the dynamics of the story are correct.

I thought it was a good introduction to the Avengers for kids who are too little to watch the live-action film or read the comics. A bit of a step up from "Super Hero Squad."
Dec 05, 2014 Eric added it
Read this to my 5 year old son and he really liked it. I thought it was alright, but I wasn't expecting much.
Parenting win. Alex chose this himself! His nerdification is going well.
Reetta Saine
Hämis on sarjan paras, mutta kyllä Thoristakin irtoaa...
Comics aren't really my thing, but I wanted to see a more 'traditional' interpretation of the beginning of the Avengers team.
Alexis Demaria
This is an excellent book for superhero fans! Especially with the popularity of heroes right now, it's a very good book!
Surprisingly coherent and well-put-together kids' version of the original Avengers origin (i.e. 1963's Avengers #1).
Lindley Walter-smith
Beautifully illustrated and just plain fun.
Katie added it
Nov 17, 2015
Brittany Rolnik
Brittany Rolnik marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Adam Kice
Adam Kice marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Ella added it
Jul 12, 2015
Katherine Roberts
Katherine Roberts marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Dibyendu Bikash
Dibyendu Bikash marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Joe marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Kathryn marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Kristina Hollis
Kristina Hollis marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015