Start by marking “Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #3)

Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire #3)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,127 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The Vespers are looking for new recruits and have targeted a few candidates: the Cahill children on the hunt for The 39 Clues. Uncover the Vespers' chilling plan to monitor the Kabras, the Holts, Jonah, and the Starlings, and learn who they picked as the most promising Vesper . . . and future Cahill traitor.
Published December 27th 2011 by Scholastic, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

The Maze of Bones by Rick RiordanInto the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson HaddixThe Sword Thief by Peter LerangisOne False Note by Gordon KormanThe Dead of Night by Peter Lerangis
The 39 Clues
27th out of 39 books — 44 voters
Fledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreThe Maze Runner by James DashnerArtemis Fowl by Eoin ColferRussian Roulette by Anthony Horowitz
Books Like Alex Rider
257th out of 379 books — 175 voters

More lists with this book...

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Mark
Apr 03, 2014 Mark rated it it was amazing
love jonahs pose in the front cover, great book. enjoy
Jenn
May 06, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-book

***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

The Vespers are recruiting and the Vesper known as the Watcher has zeroes in on the Cahill children on the clue hunt as their potential candidates. As Cahills they’re young, talented, powerful and usually ruthless. Not to mention they’re in a perfect position to betray their powerful family to the Vespers. But which Cahill child will she choose? And will that person be willing to betray their own family?

The story has a decent action filled plot with ed
Steven R. McEvoy
The Clue Hunt

So far this is the longest of the Rapid Fire Short Stories. It is told in a unique way. The Vespers watcher is tracking some of the Cahills as they hunt for the 39 clues. She is making reports on which of the Cahills might be possible turncoats. She is testing them to determine which have the most potential to become Vespers. Her pieces are between incidents, focusing around different members of the Cahill family. These incidents are told from the first person perspective of the ind
Alisha Ahmed
Dec 28, 2014 Alisha Ahmed rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible

I loved this book. It shows the vespers watching the cahills one by one noting possible recruits and it shows exactly how talented Ted, Jonah, Ian and Hamilton are.
Jovy
May 06, 2013 Jovy rated it really liked it
Very interesting story-telling, it gives me a different point of view on why Sinead became Vesper 3, how Hamilton felt about his dad's clue hunting tactics, about Jonah's and Ian's desire to make their mothers proud. Also how the vespers have been observing them since the beginning...who do you think is the vesper watcher - is it Cheyenne since obviously Sinead is still not part of the vespers? or is it Isabel since I'm not sure when she became vesper 2? or is it Luna?
Linda Liu
Jan 06, 2016 Linda Liu rated it liked it
3.5
Marcia Adversalo
Jul 01, 2012 Marcia Adversalo rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh! This book is feeding the paranoia that I developed reading the Cahills v Vespers series. I suppose that's the point. Well played, Clifford Riley, well played! Interesting perspectives come out in this book.
Anna
Jul 09, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Up until now (I'm at book 5) this is my favorite Rapid Fire book. I like Jonah, Hamilton and Ian and Sinead, so it was fun through and through for me. Also, it set me on edge about the whole Vesper mole thing.
Carla
Mar 20, 2014 Carla rated it really liked it
Shelves: 39-clues
I was devastated when I read that the Rapid Fire books would be ebooks because I didn't have an ereader at the time. The first thing I did when I bought my Kindle was buy these books too. I love them!
Allisa
Jan 31, 2012 Allisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, adventure
This book is written in most of the kid's POV's (Ian's, Hamilton's, Jonah's etc.) You get to find out a little bit of what the Vesper's are planning and overall really interesting! Whoo!
Amy Jackson
Jul 06, 2013 Amy Jackson rated it really liked it
I liked all of the other teams' point of view, some more than the actual books showed. It was kind of disturbing to know that the Vespers were watching them- for everything.
Lily
Jul 09, 2014 Lily rated it it was amazing
This series is very interesting. I loved this book and I read it nonstop. It so so good and I really enjoyed reading this. I cannot wait to finish this series.
☞Sierra☜ Bookworm☺️♪
i thought it was really cool how you got an inside look on what the other competitors were doing! now the 4th...
Percyjfan
Sep 06, 2012 Percyjfan marked it as to-read

Where do they get these people to play the characters???!!! Is he wearing lipstick?
Jennifer Ware
Mar 14, 2012 Jennifer Ware rated it really liked it
Used to buy these for my son, now I'm buying them for my nephews. Great books for boys!
Lady Flo
Jun 17, 2016 Lady Flo rated it it was amazing
Pood Ted got blind during Clue Hunt, future awaited him.
Eric Zulueta
Jul 28, 2013 Eric Zulueta rated it it was amazing
Great read as always.. Hmm.. Bite-sized 39 Clues? :)
Jacob
Dec 27, 2011 Jacob rated it really liked it
More insight into the clue hunt.
Lindsay Demaries
Lindsay Demaries rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Lume Rin
Lume Rin marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Emm
Emm marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Soumya
Soumya marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Frieda
Frieda marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Ashlyn S
Ashlyn S marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Bryce Page
Bryce Page marked it as to-read
Nicki Owston
Nicki Owston marked it as to-read
Dwight Bonds
Dwight Bonds marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • The 39 Clues slipcase 2 (#4-6)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The 39 Clues Complete Collection (The 39 Clues, #1-10)

The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire (7 books)
  • Legacy (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #1)
  • Ignition (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #2)
  • Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #4)
  • Turbulence (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #5)
  • Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6)
  • Fireworks (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #7)