Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #4)

Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire #4)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  1,496 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Published December 28th 2011 by Scholastic, Inc.

Fledgling by Mark A. CooperRevenge by Mark A. CooperAbsolutely Nothing by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreSilverFin by Charlie Higson
Books Like Alex Rider
133rd out of 435 books — 262 voters
The Maze of Bones by Rick RiordanInto the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson HaddixThe Sword Thief by Peter LerangisOne False Note by Gordon KormanThe Dead of Night by Peter Lerangis
The 39 Clues
24th out of 26 books — 36 voters

More lists with this book...

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Crushed. The title really fits the story. Gosh, Ian! You're such a coward and you worry too much! Yes, Ian Kabra just got crushed. Not only for letting his mother get away but also hurting Amy's feelings wherein he felt the same way! **continues mumbling**
On the brighter side, in this eBook it is revealed that (view spoiler). Evan was also mentioned on the end.
Here's a short plot:
It was many months after the Clue Hunt. Ian stood in front of a stand m...more
Joy
May 31, 2013 Joy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: shorts
Well this book is too short to give a proper rating but AHH I SHIP AMY AND IAN SO HARD and the last part was just heartbreak ughhh stupid Isabel just run back to jail and let your son confess to Amy already D8

But whoa confronting Isabel was just... unexpected. What was the point of her breaking into the Kabra's house if all she did was to scare them? And from the description she didn't even seem to expect Ian to discover her presence.

Me:

Ah well plot twists are plot twists. I thought Ian's dilemm...more
Anna Catherine

I read this book because I had read the reviews and this had more to do on Amy and Ian. I was really interested when Ian betrayed Amy when it was clear they both had feelings for each other. I was sad it wasn't brought up in any of the other books. When I read this I loved it. Those of you who hate spoilers don't read this next sentence. Amy's boyfriend(Evan i think) is who Ian is jealous of because he likes Amy so I am excited to see where this ends up!
Anna
As a teenage girl, this is what I consider myself, despite the age that I truly am, I was yearning for something like this in The 39 Clues series: romance!

I started reading them because of Rick Riordan and because I love history and I never pass up a chance to brush up my knowledge with books like these, but I completely fell for the whole Ian and Amy concept.

I know that this isn't one of the series main focus points and God forbid it should ever be. I mean it would take all the fun out of the a...more
Jenn

***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

The Clue Hunt has been over for seven months and Ian Kambra is planning to go to America and tell Amy Cahill that he likes her. For the first time in his life he’s nervous and he doesn’t know why. But when the night before his trip he learns his mother have been released from prison, he wonders if the son of her parents killer should even go at all.

I was kind of into this story at the beginning because Amy and Dan Cahill were changed by the clue hunt,...more
Steven R. McEvoy
Seven Months After The Clue Hunt

Seven months after the Clue Hunt ends is when this story is set. Unlike most of the other short stories in this collection, so far this one focuses almost entirely on Ian Kabra, and his life after turning on his mother and growing a conscience. He realizes that he has feelings for Amy Cahill and he is unsure what to do with them. As he is wrestling with himself about visiting Amy across the pond, he encounters a burglar and chases him down only to discover it is h...more
Regan Baker
Is that suppose to be Ian? If so, that's pretty hilarious.
Mark
its very good. enjoy :).
Marcia Adversalo
I didn't like this one as much as I liked the previous ones. Again, it does explain some things, but there are things in this book that I didn't realize had happened in the original series. I guess it explains a little bit, but the others had those "Ah ha!" moments that this book didn't have. Still interesting and I'd still recommend it to anyone who has read the 39 Clues series.
Kimberley Ang
Seeing from Ian Kabra`s point of view to know more about how the Kabra`s life has changed from being very rich to poor and having their parents to disowned them as really affected their lives. It was also quite interesting to see a little chemistry between Ian and Amy even though at the end it didn`t worked out.....
Amy Jackson
It was amazing, it was kind of an Amian but not really. We get to see how Ian really feels about Amy and the reason why they aren't together. Didn't like at the end though, how Nellie suggested to Amy that she should be with Evan to help her heartbreak, but it was a really good book!
Percyjfan
Oct 31, 2012 Percyjfan marked it as to-read
Omg... The guy on the cover is supposedto be 16. He doesn't even look good, too. Male model, huh? These Scholastic people should get someone to make sure all the models they picked look ok(namely me).

Bettina Schulz
This book... was either heartbreaking or exciting to me.
When it began I thought It was going to be a cliche Amian story but it wasn't.

IT.WAS.AWESOME

It showed why Ian hadn't made his move yet and why Amy started dating Evan,
So, applause for Clifford Riley!
Lily
I cried a ton while reading this book. This was my favorite book in the Rapid Fire series. It has tons of Amian in it and I totally ship Amy and Ian so this was my favorite book. I cannot wait to read the next book.
Carla
I was devastated when I read that the Rapid Fire books would be ebooks because I didn't have an ereader at the time. The first thing I did when I bought my Kindle was buy these books too. I love them!
Jovy
Why do guys do this? It's not a teenager thing because this happens at any age. Do guys get trained or is it in their DNA to be jerks? Why can't Ian just tell the truth of canceling his visit to Boston?
Bethany Rose
EW. The cover of this book is gross. I did NOT imagine Ian that way...
Anyways, Clifford did a great job with the short story. 5/5 stars.
Tri Giao
Gods... I know why this book was called "Crushed." Crushed indeed! Poor Ian. Overall good story. I wish the ending could have turned out differently... it was really a tear-jerker at the end.
Zaira
This is the funniest book of them! Go team Ian and Amy! Those two make me laugh so much, it's almost hard to breath! Mostly in Ian's POV but with a little bit of Amy's as well.
Cobra214
Mar 27, 2013 Cobra214 marked it as to-read
Ok now I have heard this is a good one..(Amy and Ian! It has to be good!) but where can I get a hard back?! Love the other books and think that Ian can have a truly charming side!
☞Proud☜ ☺✌Bookworm☮♪
poor Ian!! i ship him and Amy, so it sucks about what happened! it was cool how Amy plucked up the courage to (view spoiler), though ;D. to the 5th!
Abbey
Ian! Why didn't you go to Amy's? She USED to like you...
Katie
Eric Zulueta
Nice quick read, as expected! :)
Bri
Great short story
Duke Blank
Duke Blank marked it as to-read
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Corban
Corban marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • 39 Clues Agent Handbook
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • Vespers Rising (39 Clues, #11)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
Legacy (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #1) Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1) Turbulence (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #5) Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6) Ignition (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #2)

“He looked back at the mirror. "I know it's completely ridiculous, but I can't keep quiet about it any longer. Your closet looks like it was put together by a blind nun, and your brother acts like a cross between a monkey and a go-kart, and you have the social skills of a rock. But I like you, Amy. Quite—quite a bit." He paused. "So, congratulations.” 17 likes
“I'm throwing out this bottle rocket."
"No, wait!" Dan said, reaching for it. "It hasn't been set off yet. Don't waste it, Amy. And we don't have company coming—we have Ian Kabra coming. And I know you want to totally impress him and take him to the movies and stare dreamily into his eyes—"
"I do not," Amy said, too quickly.
"Oh, Ian," Dan said, pressing his lightsaber to his chest and batting his eyes. "Tell me again about your shiny, shiny shoes.”
14 likes