Last Call

Last Call

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  586 ratings  ·  77 reviews
When sparks flare, stop, drop and roll with it.

When Eric Layton lunges for his ringing cell phone in the middle of the night, he’s halfway to the door before he realizes it’s not his chief summoning him to an out-of-control fire. It’s an out-of-control woman who’s too tipsy to figure out she’s dialed the wrong number. But the line goes dead before he can explain he’s not h...more
ebook, 2nd Edition, 61 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Samhain Publishing (first published January 3rd 2010)

MsRomanticReads

Fireman Eric Layton receives a late night phone call from a drunk woman. She thinks it's her brother and asks him to pick her up from a bar. Before he can clear up the mistake, her phone dies. Unwilling to leave the stranger to fend for herself, he decides to be a good Samaritan and pick her up. What harm can there be in helping a citizen in need?

Joanne just got dumped and fired by her boyfriend and lost her apartment. No wonder she felt the need to get good and drunk. She didn't count on drunk-...more
Sofia Grey
I tend to compare quick, hot novellas against Laura Kaye’s Hearts in Darkness as my benchmark of excellence, and it’s rare that any match up to that Gold Standard. Happily, Last Call is right up there at the top of the heap.

A simple premise. Off duty firefighter Eric awakes to a ringing phone, so far, so normal. But instead of his crew chief it’s a drunken woman who thinks he’s her brother, Kevin.

Oh Jesus. A drunk. He didn’t recognise the woman’s voice, so his first impulse was to snap his phone...more
Kari
Short story/novella about a fireman who receives a phone call in the middle of the night from a drunken woman. Joanne was trying to reach her brother Kevin to ask him to go pick her up at a bar because she is too wasted to drive. She dials the wrong number, reaches Eric, and he ends up going to get her. They end up having a one-night stand when Joanne is not so drunk. Fun and short, very steamy.
Heather in FL
This was not very long, but it was a great story. I thought it was a really cute premise... drunk calling your brother, but you don't actually reach your brother. Instead, you reach someone who has a conscience and can't just let you sit outside the bar, drunk off your ass, refusing to get into a cab, and thankfully refusing to let some guy you don't know take you home.

I thought Joanne was a freaking hilarious drunk. And Eric was such a great standup guy. I mean really... she's in the middle of...more
LynnMarie
Ragan Jay's Review

In Last Call, Joanne suffers a day straight out of hell when her boyfriend/boss both dumps and fires her all in one swift shot. On the advice of her older brother, she drowns her pain in liquor and ends up in bed with a very sexy, very sweet guy named Eric all because of drunk dialing. Nothing happens at first. Until she wakes up more sober than expected and urgently needs to feel like a woman.

I’ve enjoyed Olivia Brynn’s work in the past and the feeling certainly hasn’t stopp...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Last Call is a super fast, smoking hot read by Olivia Brynn. This was the first sample of Olivia’s writing for me and I must say, I am hooked. I can’t wait to get my hands on something else! Last Call was so much fun! I want to read it all over again right now and I just put it down. Speaking of putting it down, I couldn’t…not for a second. I was hooked from the opening scene to the last word. My one gripe? That it wasn’t longer. I felt like Olivia could have turned this into a full length novel...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

On a night out drowning her sorrows, Joanne goes just a bit too far and needs a ride home. When she dials who she thinks is her brother she gets the shock of a lifetime when Eric Layton comes to her rescue. Already dumped, fired and evicted, being picked up by this gorgeous stranger could just be the silver lining of her day. When the light of day comes, can these two make a go of it or had the rose-colored alcohol goggles made things...more
Nadny
For being so short, I really enjoyed it. The hero was exactly that, when he rescues her from...her herself! LOL After getting dumped by her cheating boyfriend/boss, it hasn't been her day! Calling her brother for advice he sagely shares his wisdom, and suggests she go out and wasted! Heeding his advice, she does just that. At the end of the night, in an attempt to call her brother to come pick her up from the bar for a ride home she mis-dials, and instead reaches a stranger aka our hero Eric. Wh...more
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Fantastic Novella!

This is the first time I have read anything by Olivia Brynn, and it will NOT be the last. I loved her writing style and her ability to not only tell, but show a story.

This book has it all. It’s crammed with hilarious drunken dialog, a sexy but incredibly sweet and caring firefighter, over protective brother, and scorching sex scenes.

I am still amazed that I came to fall in love with these two characters in such a short amount of time, but...more
Emily
Firefighter Eric Layton receives a phone call in the middle of the night from an extremely drunk young woman who believes she is her brother. Always one to protect, Eric picks her up from the bar and drives her home wanting to drop her off only. Of course the beautiful Joanne has other plans, believing he is a friend of her brother and plans to seduce him that is if she can make it into bed.

Fun quickie, I thought Joanne was very humorous she rambles and manages to embarrass herself completely bu...more
Carina

The idea was really good. The way it was executed was really good. But it felt short.
This might be my fault though. For going with such big expectations in to such a short story. Had it been longer and more developed, I would have possibly rated higher.
Over all, a good, hot, short. Just didn't have the 'WOW' factor I was looking for.
Angela Wade
Didn't finish. Got hung up on words that shouldn't be used, like "pubes". Kind of grossed me out, and for an erotica, that's saying something.
Dina
Joanne wasn't the smartest cookie in the jar, but who cares? Eric was hot enough to make me forget that. ;)
Christina
It was okay for a short read. The one night stand sex was hot.
Michelle
This was such an awesome story even though it was short! You can read it super fast, but it was so very fulfilling! Very original, refreshing storyline, awesome characters, a hero that will melt your heart and super smokin hot in the bedroom! The banter between these two was hilarious and I couldn't help but think that it all came full circle, wrapped up nicely with a bow on top, heart warming and perfect! Of course I wanted more, but it's a novella and I was thoroughly pleased! Will read this a...more
ARe Cafe
This was a fun read with a great premise. I loved that we get to see the story through our leading man’s eyes. Eric is everything little girls grow up longing for and grown women fantasize about. The fact that he would go pick up a drunk stranger at a less than stellar bar in the middle of the night makes him admirable but add to it the fact he is an actual hero I couldn’t help falling for him. Joanne is a strong heroine; however I felt I was missing some information. I didn’t really feel I knew...more
Merve  Özcan

Eric Layton ve Joanne'nin hikayesi.

Pek hikaye denemez aslında. hoş bir eroticaydı. Bdsm ögeleri falan içermeyen, gayet samimi... Öyle fazla iniş çıkışı olmayan, hatta aşırı bir çelişki durumu bile olmayan, sizi yormayan bir hikaye. Gece yatarken okunabilir, kısacık. Seks sahnelerini biraz atladım, sürekli tavşan misali olunca boğuyor. Gerçi bu türün özelliği bu ama okumadanda edemiyorum

Eric Layton bir itfaiyeci gecenin bir yarısı Joanne abisi yerine bizim dürüst Eric'i arıyor. Sorunlu bir vatand...more
Leanne
I wish this story was longer. If it was, the plot would have seemed more realistic and the characters would have more to them. it would have been a great book.
Kami
Couldn't finish. Made it to page 60 and stopped. There was absolutely no story. It's less than 100 pages and pretty much all sex with no substance. Definitely not worth the money.

I am not much for labeling but c'mon...a girl who works that fast after a break up isn't right in the head. The "story" came off totally trashy and ridiculous. Josie comes off as a cheap, ditzy tramp/fluzie (I really couldn't decide which word I liked better to describe her), though, she is admittedly a funny drunk. Ove...more
Anukriti
Nice short story from Olivia Brynn. Steaming hot sex sceans but still very well wover characters.

Eric is a fire fighter want to simply enjoy his holiday by getting full sleep but by his luck he get call from a drunk girl who need her brother to pick her but called on wrong no. But due to his gentelness Eric gone to pic her and take care of her.but faith want more from him for the beautiful girl in his arms.

Johanna is sweet but fun loving girl I like her max when she was drunk. But she was sweet...more
Sandra
2.5 stars This would have been a sold 3 star, except it seemed like there was a missing chapter in there near the end. The beginning was good, an interesting way to set the characters up even though she was being sloppy drunk which isn't really cute. There was an inevitable climax... and then sudden resolution. Completely out of nowhere. We needed one more chapter in there from her perspective showing her indecision, not just a quick sentence from her summing it up after the fact. That kind of r...more
Sandra
Christina Montminy
Wow this was a really really short book....only 4 chapters. Not happy about that for the price it's being offered at. I did enjoy the story though, I just wish that Olivia Brynn would've taken the story just a little further & not left the entire ending to our imagination. A one night stand that turns out hilariously funny & sad at one point but does end up with a good feeling. I would recommend it but it needs an ending that fits the story.
Erika
Oct 04, 2013 Erika marked it as tbr-standalones  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating 2.5-3

Eric Layton, hottie fireman, received a misdialed call in the middle of the night. It's a woman who is too tipsy to drive home and sounds to be possibly in danger. Being an all around nice guy, Eric drives to pick her up and makes sure she gets tucked tight in bed.

This was a short, erotic read. Very steamy. I wished there had been a little more plot but it was a quick, hot read during a rainy afternoon.
Kimberly Martin
latest book from erotica book club. short read lesss than 134 pages. basis of story: drunk woman( girl) calls her brother to pick her up from bar( too drunk to drive) and bar located in rough area where guys are ready to take advantage of her. guy who answers phone ( rare good guy) picks her up and takes her home. yeah we know where this is going except there is a"happy" ending. quick read.
Tam
This isn't going to stop traffic by any means. It's just your run of the mill short story where two people meet under a ridiculous circumstance and end up rubbing against each other. I didn't find it to be particularly good smexin'.

It's super quick so there isn't much room for a plot or character deveopment but the hero is cute and the heroine is quirky so that was nice to read.
Janet Juengling-Snell
This is the first book by Olivia Brynn I've read and it wont be the last. I totally enjoyed this quite short but smoking hot book. It had just the perfect amount of humor in just the right places. The characters were likeable and in my opinion well developed for being a novella. I felt I had a complete story.

I can see myself reading this again just for the pure pleasure!
Ain
I don't usually read books in this genre. It's an interesting read, I wouldn't really recommend it though to people I know. It's great if you need a quick read out of boredom, might even stir up some " feelings". But I'll admit, I'd like to see it expanded. Mainly because I want to know how Josie's brother will react to his sister's decision in pursuing a relationship with Eric.
namericanwordcat
This book was a surprising bit of erotic fun. A dialed wrong number, a bad break up, drunk heroine, and a kind fire fighter make for some very sexy reading. I liked both of the leads very much. Could it have been longer? Yes. But this story story is a nice little bon bon that makes we want to read more of this writer.

• Good at Being Bad (Boys of Beachville, #1)
  • Sam's Promise (Blackwater, #1)
  • Island Heat
  • Long Shots: Books 1-3
  • Stick Shift
  • Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)
  • Asking for Andre
  • Marco (The Santinis, #2)
  • Heat It Up (Out of Uniform, #4)
  • Love is a Battlefield
  • Hot for Santa (Hot in the City, #5)
  • Marry Me
  • Talk to Me
  • Something About Polly (Bedlingham #2)
  • Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Dare Me
  • Ink Lust (Lust for Life, #1)
Olivia's Goodreads account is pretty slim. Look for Alanna Coca's Account (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/... see what she's reading. To keep Goodreads reader-oriented, Olivia does not leave ratings on books she's read, nor does she comment on reviews, but she appreciates each and every reader who invests time in her work.

Olivia Brynn is the very saucy alter ego of romance author Alanna Coca...more
More about Olivia Brynn...
Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1) Position Secured Tessa's Pride Tempting Tessa Flipped