Start by marking “Plays 1: Chicken Soup With Barley / Roots / I'm Talking About Jerusalem” as Want to Read:
Plays 1: Chicken Soup With Barley / Roots / I'm Talking About Jerusalem

Plays 1: Chicken Soup With Barley / Roots / I'm Talking About Jerusalem

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"Wesker's reputation has survived the vicissitudes of fashion ... (the plays') widespread and lasting popularity indicates a universality of theme and a strong sense of theatre ... what we continue to value in him most is the sheer vitality of his art. He is a natural writer."--Margaret Drabble

"Chicken Soup with Barley," "Roots," and "I'm Talking About Jerusalem":

"The pass
Published January 11th 2001 by Bloomsbury Methuen Drama

To ask other readers questions about Plays 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plays 1

Sachin
The play which brings forth the rootlessness of modern man who just regurgitates the opinion of a few elites.
When in the play 'Roots" the protagonist Beaty Briant too duplicates the views of his boyfriend Ronnie(who never appears physically in the play).
but a good end where Beatie finds her own voice and is able to articulate herself with her own ideas and thoughts.
A play in three acts(Roots) and a good reading ; takes less than 4 hours to go through in a single go.
Marwan Asmar
I learned something about the Jewish working in London; I also learned that some people as in one of the characters will always be 'bums' or layabouts and you cann't doing anything about it, because they are part of the family--its human nature!
Michael Trup
I can imagine my late father's generation telling the same stories of East End Jewish life, full of ironic humour.
Paolo
Paolo marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jul Es
Jul Es marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Kath
Kath added it
May 18, 2013
Mary
Mary added it
May 09, 2013
Rubiyath
Rubiyath marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Giulia
Giulia added it
Jul 11, 2012
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2011
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2011
Maggy
Maggy marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2011
Riham
Riham is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2011
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2010
Chicken Soup with Barley Roots (Acting Edition) The Kitchen; A Play In Two Parts, With An Interlude The Wesker Trilogy: Wesker Plays, Volume 1 Merchant, The (Methuen Student Editions)