Start by marking “New York, Baby!” as Want to Read:
New York, Baby!

New York, Baby!

2.77 of 5 stars 2.77  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Two babies go on two big-city adventures, and there are so many exciting sights to see! In New York, Baby!, Times Square, Broadway, Central Park, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art number among the top destinations; while in San Francisco, Baby!, the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman s Wharf, and Alcatraz are some of the main attractions. Rhyming text and charming illustration ...more
Published April 25th 2012 by Chronicle Books (first published April 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about New York, Baby!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York, Baby!

Cynthia
Yeah, it's a 'little kid's' book! But it was great! I'm going to read it to all my niece's & nephew's....probably a couple/several times! I love NY!
Barbara
As in the case of San Francisco, Baby!, this appealing book provides a child's point of view on the delights of a city way across the continent, New York City. As his (presumably) mother strolls him about the city, he noshes on a bagel, a sandwich, and ice cream amid the urban whirl. The two visit the Metropolitan Museum, play in City Park, catch a matinee on Broadway, and head to the top of the Empire State Building. The smiles on the faces of the mother and son as they enjoy the hectic pace of ...more
Kendra
Having never been to NYC I can't say how accurate this is but it seems to mostly hit the spots everyone knows about. Just seemed like it could be stereotypical, but then maybe lots of New Yorkers do really have bagels for breakfast and go to the Empire State Building. Would have like to see more things people who live there might do every day. Still, it's cute and has a nice rhyme so could be fun to prep kids for a trip.
Shannon
The writing seemed really jerky, and there was no real conflict or any reason to draw me through the story. This would be a useful book in a lesson on transition or time words like "after," "then," "next."
Danielle
*Full Review to Come*

Short and Sweet: Fun book, easy read-a-loud and great for soon-to-be travelers.
Jacqueline
Cute quick read, I do wish I knew who had written it because the text was perfect.
Kimberly Ward
Kimberly Ward marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Jj
Jj marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
Ashley Brooks
Ashley Brooks marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Lara Stanley
Lara Stanley marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Josie Serafica
Josie Serafica marked it as to-read
May 29, 2012
San Francisco, Baby! Chicks Run Wild How to Train with a T. Rex and Win 8 Gold Medals Good Crooks Book One: Missing Monkey! Good Crooks Book Two: Dog Gone!