Start by marking “Animal 123” as Want to Read:
Animal 123

Animal 123

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  14 reviews
With a bold palette, striking graphics, and a bouncing menagerie of animals, this pair of uniquely formatted lift-the-flap books introduces young readers to the basic concepts of counting and patterns. Each is a boisterous, vivid trek of discovery, providing irresistible clues which encourage lifting the flap—a hands-on, educator-approved strategy of uncovering and learnin ...more
Hardcover
Published February 22nd 2012 by Chronicle Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Animal 123, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal 123

Joella www.cinjoella.com
I like the idea of this book...but there are a few things that make me not love it. So, it is a brilliant counting book. I love how it has big numbers. It says, "1 wriggly snake" then you can lift the flap of the big number to have it reveal "2 wriggly snakes". I like this concept, and it looks great visually. However, I don't like how on the "5 creeping bears" page you can actually see the 6th bear paws. All the other lift the flaps hide the fact that another animal is hidden. That one doesn't. ...more
Genre-childrens book- counting
This is a great counting book for kids. It counts to ten with animals, and it has a fold out of the next number on each page. It's simple, fun, and bright.
A. Area of comment- illustrations
B. The illustrations are very plain and simple. If the number is 4 with the animal being a hippo, then the picture is simply of four hippos swimming like the page stated. I feel this book is more beneficial for counting overall, rather than reading or anything else.
C. On page 8 th
Jen
Jan 10, 2014 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
The format limits the audience somewhat, if you value your books' longevity, but as a read-with-parent this is really really cute.
Karen
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library this week.

This book was a bit young for him -- he mastered his numbers quite a while ago -- but he still enjoyed the lift-the-flap element of the book and the beautiful artwork. The illustrations are bright and colorful with rich textures, especially in the furred animals.

Samantha
Counting from 1 to 10 with animals and flaps that fold over to preview the next number. Vibrant illustrations are digitally rendered. Perfect for sharing with toddlers. The only thing missing was for each page to have the number spelled out in words.
Kendra
Would be 4 stars, but I'm a little bugged that one of the swans isn't "snowy". Just bugs me. BUT this would make a great gift for a toddler as the flaps are pretty sturdy and the images are nice and bright, with lots to see and talk about.
Jamil
features: number shaped flaps, counting up, and some really great double-page spreads! (I particulary loved the "swimming hippos" & "creeping bears").
Paula

Illustrates the concept of counting with animals of all different shapes, colors, and sizes, including elephants, giraffes, and swans.
Beverly
wonderful pictures and excellently designed lift flaps.
Maren Prestegaard
Nope. Nothing much to say here.
Thia
Dec 04, 2012 Thia added it
Shelves: preschool
good counting, adding
Lori
Great for a preschooler.
Megan
Fun for a counting storytime!
Jessica
JT said bear!
Laurel
Laurel added it
Oct 07, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Bobby
Bobby is currently reading it
May 05, 2014
Momo
Momo marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Britta Teckentrup was born in Germany and moved to England in 1988. She is the author and illustrator of many books for children. She now lives in Berlin with her husband and young son.
More about Britta Teckentrup...
Big Smelly Bear Grumpy Cat The Odd One Out Little Wolf's Song Clumsy Duck