Start by marking “Alejandro's Sorceress” as Want to Read:
Alejandro's Sorceress

Alejandro's Sorceress

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Initial release to be in the anthology, Dark and Deadly, with release as a separate ebook tentatively scheduled for May 2014.

He’s a warrior, hardened by years of protecting his town from vampire attack. She’s a garden witch who sees the world in shades of sunshine and delight. Opposites don’t only attract, they go supernova in this sizzling tale of magic and mayhem.
ebook
Published May 2014 (first published April 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Alejandro's Sorceress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alejandro's Sorceress

Aly is so frigging bored
Rating: maybe 3.5*
It was a nice novella, but the wait made me expect something so much more. I enjoyed it and it's a great 1-2 hours read.
Kristin L.
I actually came across this story in a set called Dark and Deadly, and it was by far my favorite. I just love the laugh-out-loud humor in this tale! The characters are funny, but warm and very realistic. I could picture myself having tea with Rose, her mom and sister Astrid.

Alejandro is the mysterious, darkly handsome P-Ops officer who comes to the "rescue" of Rose Cardinal, a garden witch, with a pesky basilisk infestation problem. What ensues is hilarious, with witty dialogue and enough steam
Barb Lie
Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day is a novella that is part of the Dark and Deadly Anthology. I have been waiting a long time for this story, and was totally surprised. This was a fun, humorous read throughout, and I guess I expected a more serious book, more like her Warriors of Poseidon series.

But this turned out to be a blast, which had be laughing quite a few times. Alejandro is a hardened warrior, who is fights vampires for an FBI type of paranormal law enforcement. Rose is our heroine,
Daria

a cute and sweet short story of love and magic. Anytime there is magic there is fate, anytime there is fate... well we just have to play it there way or suffer for it. Smiles.
Alejandro suffered the loss of his family and most of his village to Vampires, as a adult he is always on target as a “paranormal cop”, he and his partner are called in to help some ladies with their Baslik problem. Things go down hill somewhat after that. Rose is witch and one of her gifts beyond witch craft is seeing what
Melissa
This novella takes place in the world of the Warriors of Poseidon series. I couldn't find a novella number but it is obviously part of that world since it has some of the same Atlantians within the book. I haven't read the series but do have it on my wishlist. This wasn't a hard book to get into if you, like me, haven't read the series yet.

The romance is fast, but it is also cute. I would have liked to spend a bit more time with the couple and get the romance a bit more developed, but even witho
Laura the Highland Hussy
I've been waiting on this book forever.
Review to come...
Keana
I don't always have a problem with the head-over-heels sudden love syndrome, but this just didn't sit well with me. The writing was overly cheesy and the characters felt shallow. Ms. Day has quite a whimsical world built within the story, but it just wasn't enough for me.

I think that the story is more for the already established fan base that Ms. Day has accumulated. If you are new to the author, I think you'll probably be just as disappointed as I was! However, I might give one of her full-len
Kelly
I sort of wish I had read a book or two in the Warriors of Poseidon series before reading this novella. While I realize this series is a spin off from that series, I never really got a feel for the world and I think I would have appreciated the cameo appearances by a couple WoP characters WAY more than I did.

For the most part, I liked Rose and her crazy family. I'm not really sure how Rose expected to take care of her little garden pest problem on her own, but I can look past that. Especially wh
Melly
Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day is a typical case of trying to hard. Rose is a garden witch in a slapstick family of garden witches. Alejandro is a badass psy-cop who has come with his partner to rid the family of basilisks that are taking over the garden. Unfortunately his partner ends up a stone statue, and mayhem ensues as romance and slapstick comedy intertwine. Well...mostly slapstick comedy.

I think Alyssa Day must have written this after reading some of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum
Cynthia
This little novella was a surprise of humor and loads of sexual tension.

Officer Alejandro has one purpose, protect people from the evil beings of the supernatural world. Rose is a witch who lives happily in a little town with her crazy family.
When an invasion of basilisk forces them together and Alejandro’s partner turns into a stone, the couple has to find a way of turning him back while fighting their attraction. Add a crazy grandmother, an overprotective and noisy mother and a sister who defe
Paulina Woods
This book had me laughing so hard that I had to put it down for a moment. How could so much go wrong in so short a time. From crazy sisters to partners turned to stone I had the same reaction Alejandro had most of the time…confusion.

Alejandro is an agent of the Paranormal type and his partner and him are sent out to get rid of some garden pest that turn people into stone. Within a few minuets of arriving Max, Alejandro partner, is turned to stone and than shit hits the fan. A crazy man in jammie
Fran Lucero
I loved this . Was worth the wait. I laugh out loud many times. Rose was wonderful and loved her crazy family. Truly loved seeing the Atlantean warriors briefly. Really miss and loved this series.
Nickyrian
4/5 stars

This novella is one of the stories in Dark and Deadly. It's my first time reading Alyssa Day's writing. I actually have enjoyed this novella because of the right tinge of humor, romance, and supernatural all together. I wish it is longer. I want to read more of the Cardinal Family's craziness, especially Sue and Granny. I am guessing that this story is a spinoff of "The Warriors of Poseidon" since three of the main characters (Alaric, Ven, and Lord of Justice) from that series have play
Lisa Miller
Ok, first of all, it is not the great american novel. But it is full of some of the funniest, light-hearted, most whimsical writing I have come across in a while. Nothing about it is based in reality. There are creatures mentioned in here that I have never even heard of. But I laughed so hard!! The cheesiness is just so darn fun!!! Alejandro is so serious and walks into the most hilarious family ever created with a pen, or Word Program, or whatever :) It is a great, short, fun read, and I will s ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Sorceress Stars ~

Alejandro’s Sorceress clearly takes place in the world of the Warriors of Poseidon series, since it has some of the same Atlantans within the book. I have only read book one Atlantis Rising, but have the rest on my list to read. Alejandro’s Sorceress is not a hard book to get into even if you have not read the series yet. It clearly stands on its own. I was laughing, smiling, and having a blast reading this story!

The romance is fast paced, but cute. I prefer to spend more
Christine
This is a really cute book, more of a novella really. I am astounded by how quickly a world can be created and interesting characters developed to fill out the world. In this case the quirky magical creatures help explain how the world works, and a little bit of the background of the characters. Really, I am sure that this entire novella makes more sense if you have read more of the Cardinal Witches series this is based on, but this is enough to get me interested in the series.
Erin Burns
The story starts with Alejandro in a training exam at the FBI Paranormal Operations Division HQ and he seems to be a little more than the average training recruit. Rose Cardinal is a garden witch with a bit of extra insight into a person’s deepest desires…and a bit of a problem with authority. This story is very humorous so it doesn't quite fit the Dark and Deadly theme here, but it is a really enjoyable entry anyway, and definitely makes me curious about the other series.
Barbara (Paging Through The Days)
This novella is fantastic. So the FBI has a branch of supernatural investigators.. yeah let that sink in to ya head. And the witches.. just made me crack up. Spunky, hot tempered and all about the magic. I loved it. It was a cute, but thrilling story. I really wish there was more of it. I can't lie. It is worth a third.. maybe a fourth and fifth read. Definitely a favorite here!
Brigitte
A cute story. It falls after book 8 of the Atlantis series. It is very loosely connected to the series and it is not necessary to read the series before diving into this story.

It is a funnier story than what I am used to from this author. But, it is a nice change. I would love to see more humor in her stories. She does it well.
Erica
I read this as part of the Dark and Deadly anthology. Loved it! My only complaint is that I wished it was a full novel. Wickedly funny and the romance aspect was great as well. It reminded me of a cross between Janet Evanovich and Kim Harrison. Great read. Would def check out more books by this author.
Michelle
This was an enjoyable, lighthearted read.

I probably would have enjoyed it more had it been more than a novella. Give me an entire book and I'd be happier. (Yeah, I'm a demanding soul.)

You do not need to read anything before reading this.

This is my first time reading Alyssa Day and I found her extremely entertaining. Her novella had a quirky sense of humor. The story kept me interested all the way to the end. I will definitely be reading more of her!
Jessica Newcom
I read this novella in the Dark and Deadly collection.
Not only is it not dark or deadly, except for lizard-chickens, it was cute and hilarious.
I have found a new author to follow.
Loved this novella :):)
Nickole Dowd
I bought this book in an 8 pack Dark and Deadly compilation from Amazon for .99- I wasn't expecting too much. I like that it's a novella because I can read it and move on with too much time invested, however, this one could have been a little bit longer..., you know, building up the feelings in the relationship longer than a day, but hey, it was a better story than I expected.
Nakeesha
I liked the pacing of this story. It just felt like a stage play. All the action took place in one day and one location and not much actually "happened."
Suzanne Bonet
Really enjoyed it. Waiting for the rest of the Cardinal Witches series to come out. Come on, Alyssa. Your fans are waiting!
Louisa
I enjoyed this and quite liked the humour, although it had so much potential to be more.... but i must remember its just a novella! An enjoyable read.
Lucy
I loved it so much I had to read it twice. Funny and refreshing. Also was good to see some of the Warriors of Atlantis!!
Michelle
Available as part of a box set.

I forgot just how much I miss those warriors until I read this, enjoyed seeing them again.
Angarad
Very funny but too short. however, it really made me want to read more from this author so... great point :)
1 of 8 book in the barrage link below 1 4 Apr 18, 2014 12:22AM
  • Trapped (Blood Rose Tales)
  • Rogue's Passion (Iron Portal #2)
  • Bewitch (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #5)
  • The Mating Heat: Werewolves of Montana Prequel (Werewolves of Montana, #0.5)
  • Dark and Deadly: Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance
  • Darkness Falls (Reveler, #1)
  • The Merzetti Effect
  • Copper King (Takhini Shifters #.5)
  • Werewolf in Greenwich Village (Wild About You Novella, 1.5)
  • Scoundrel Ever After (Secrets & Scandals, #6)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
  • Seductive Supernaturals: 12 Tales of Shapeshifters, Vampires & Sexy Spirits
  • Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches, #2)
  • Rush of Pleasure (Primal Instinct, #8)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #13.5)
  • Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5)
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • Hades (Demonica, #11.5; Lords of Deliverance 6.5)
Alyssa Day is the pen name (and dark and tortured alter ego) of RITA award-winning author Alesia Holliday. She is a multiple finalist in the prestigious RITA awards for excellence in romance fiction and has won several awards for her novels.

ATLANTIS RISING was the first of Alyssa's Warriors of Poseidon novels for Berkley Publishing, and was featured on the cover of the March, 2007, issue of Roman
More about Alyssa Day...
Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1) Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, #2) Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5) Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3) Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)