Start by marking “Urban Legends: The Truth Behind All Those Deliciously Entertaining Myths That Absolutely, Positively, 100% Not True!” as Want to Read:

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Urban Legends to the rescue. This is the new book by nationally syndicated Chicago Sun Times columnist Richard Roeper. It is a comprehensive, enlightening, and entertaining look at hundreds of such stories that have no basis in factno matter how many people will swear otherwise. Half the people who read Urban Legends will be delighted that a legitimate journalist has final ...more
Published September 1st 2001 by New Page Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Urban Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Urban Legends

Danielle Klassen
This was a fun collection of some excellent urban tales that we tell each other. It was fun to read and more fun than this was finding out all the torrid tales that I've heard myself over the years. (And, admittedly, fallen for sometimes.) If I could say anything that I would like to see more of in this book, it would be an analysis of the tales themselves. Urban Legends usually have a folk root that they are responding to and while the stories are fun to read, I think it would have really would ...more
i thought that this book was fantastic, i love urban legends and this was what i was looking for. i highly recommend this to any person that wants to read some interesting stories. this book is a fantastic read for any trip or plane flight, it has all the things anyone could ask for in an urban legend book. weather its how the 311 is related to the kkk or how tupac faked his own death, this book has it all. my favorite story was how the Beatles almost had a reunion on snl when they were offered ...more
Patricia Atkinson
This is a great book if you like urban ledgends.It explains how you ca tell that the stories are not real and how the urban ledgend got started.I enjoyed reading some of the ones I remember and it was good to find out the reasons why so many people were fooled into thinking they were really true....
Another great Urban Legends book. This one really delves into some of the more popular ones of today that are spread thru emails, text messages, & word-of-mouth. I was amazed at how many of these I had received in my own email. I guess it just goes to show you that some people will believe anything.
Heather Campbell
Nothing new legend wise but I do a good job in collecting them myself. Even if you know them it's interesting to be able to read a logical tear to the throat of any urban legend...though I'm still sure they happened to my aunt's doctor's stepson.
I don't think I ran across any new legends, but they always amuse me and he's an entertaining writer.
Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Ujjwal Singh
Ujjwal Singh marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Yomainbitch marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Lyn Adams
Lyn Adams marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Richard Roeper is a columnist/film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times and, since September of 2000, has co-hosted the television series At the Movies with Ebert & Roeper with fellow film critic Roger Ebert.
More about Richard Roeper...