Start by marking “Night Terrors (Night Wardens #1)” as Want to Read:
Night Terrors (Night Wardens #1)

Night Terrors (Night Wardens #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Since the beginning of time, an elite group of human warriors called Wardens protected mankind from all supernatural threats. Born into this destiny, a Warden’s duties passed from father to son…until the supernaturals made peace and the Wardens were no longer needed. Since then, knowledge of their existence has faded into myth and legend.

Recently, the peace has been broken
Published (first published October 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Night Terrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Terrors

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I really liked the first 70 to 80 percent of the book. Up until they had sex I didn’t like that at all. Didn’t like the reasons or the way they had sex and didn’t like the story after that. I never felt the connection between these guys and at the end when they were all I love you blah blah I guess I just rolled my eyes because I didn’t see/get any of that.

I think I liked it a lot because it was connected to her Drone Vampire series and I wish more of those books would come out.

This book never e
ReviewerLarissa
An enjoyable, light read, but I had the feeling the balance between action/realism and humor/sarcasm was lost. Both characters were a bit too much like all of the other stock characters in this author's collection. You have the strong silent type who is almost always paired with the brat who likes to dance or Lady Gaga/Kesha or Glee. For once I'd like to see some different characters.

Not to say i didn't enjoy this story. There are too few stories that make me laugh and combine action with humor.
Kris
Nice start to this new series... which may or may not be a redundant sentence, but I'm too fucking tired to try and work that out.

Anywho, I like it when this author flips the stereotypes; for eg, cutie Shane from the Lost Shifters being a scarifying assassin, twinky Rev being the kick-arse Warden prophesied, etc. Really like it actually. Shane is one my fave characters list. Vicious bastard that he is. <3

Thumbs-up to seeing a snarky Oracle as well. So much better than the overly-dramatic, zo
Chris
Pretty good m/m paranormal romance about a guy who has to leave college in order to fulfill his destiny as a Warder and protect humanity from a paranormal threat. This one needed a bit more polish and development to really shine.
Portia
Stephani Hecht has done it again. She has created a series that is absolutely Chocolicious. In this first book, she does quite a bit of world building. The peace that allowed the warrior protectors, known as Night Wardens, to go into semi-retirement is broken. Rick, a Warden, has been allowed to go off to college; an activity he thinks is a complete waste of time.

When evil shows up on campus, Rick’s calm little world disintegrates in a heartbeat. He is thrust into a role he was literally born to
blub
It started off well but from there it just didn't work for me. The story felt rushed and it just wasn't as exciting/cool as I thought. The mysterious premonition for Rev made me think there would be more to him than meets the eye but I didn't feel as if he was a strong character. I had no growing attachment for either MC's and at the start I liked Naamah bit after a bit she got a bit annoying. Ari was the only character I liked in this book and I look forward to reading more about him.
Tam
I reviewed this in conjunction with Coffin Dodger so it's easier to read the review at my website.
Sair
good start to the series
I like it when things are not over explained and we jump right into the world.
Not too many characters either - I hate having to make a list at the start of a series to keep track (I did that with Drone Vamps series)
Ter
I liked that it is kinda tied to the Drones, hopefully on future ones, we will see some of them in it. Since they are all in the same city etc.
Naska Atanasova
The first half was great but the second half ruined it for me, it was too rushed and it was difficult for me to really get into it.
Nicole
I love it when Stephani Hecht does snarky characters! I really enjoyed this book.
Clover
it was a nice read (seems related to the Drone Vampires serie)
Karen K
**3.5-4 stars**
I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Lyri
Mar 28, 2013 Lyri added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Boredom killed my curiosity, I could't finish
Kristie Crawford
Good read, I like all her books.
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Life After Death (Infected, #3)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Orlin's Fall (Planetary Submissives, #2)
  • A Broken Light (Beyond the Night, #1)
  • Cherish Your Name (Warder, #6)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Kian's Hunter (Fire, #1)
  • Saving Ciaran (Outcasts, #1)
  • Pain (Darwin's Theory, #1)
  • Midnight (Dance with the Devil, #3)
  • Accepting His Human (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #4)
  • Poppy's Pleasure (Assassin’s Pride, #2)
  • Abercrombie Zombie
  • Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)
  • Between Heaven & Hell (Heavenly Sins, #1)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...
Primal Passions (Lost Shifters, #1) Savage Awakenings (Lost Shifters, #3) Carnal Intentions (Lost Shifters, #4) A Feral Christmas (Lost Shifters, #2) An Assassin's Touch (Lost Shifters, #9)