Start by marking “Searching for Candlestick Park” as Want to Read:
Searching for Candlestick Park

Searching for Candlestick Park

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Life has been tough for Spencer since his dad left. His mom complains constantly, they never seem to have enough money, and they're always having to move. He knows his father works for the Giants baseball team and lives somewhere in San Francisco--and Spencer's sure that if he can somehow get there, his dad will take him in. But California is a long, dangerous way from Sea ...more
Published September 27th 1999 by Puffin Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Searching for Candlestick Park, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Searching for Candlestick Park

Eli
I had to read this book for my 7th Grade English class. The mere recollection of it brings back so many sore and painful memories that I may have to cut out parts of this review that maybe ought to be said, only for the sake of not having to think about it any longer. This children's story is what I would call ideal trash. If I am glad for having read it at all it would only be for the sake of knowing a bad book to be more readily able to distinguish and contrast it to good ones.

There are two m
Cathy Hendren
I always enjoy Peg Kehret's books. That said, the preface of this book may make some 13 years olds think they can run away and be safe. The story is about Spencer running away to find his father at Candlestick Park. This is all so he can save his cat from going to the pound. That part I liked since I believe that once you take on a pet, they are yours for their life time.
Cassie
I really liked this book. It is by one of my favorite authors, Peg Kehret. I really think you should read it. But you don't have to if you don't want to. So, yeah. You should try it if you want to. So...peace out.
Margie
Another good read. This book is about a boy who is searching for his father. This search is prompted by the financial situation that his mother is in.....a great story about relationships with unexpected people.
Brooklyn F
i liked this book
i liked it because the boy was determaned to get to his dads house all by himself with his cat foxy. it showed that we realy wanted to leave his mom and go live with his dad.
Bobncon
This one will cause some great discussion among my students. Lots of good moral dilemmas for kids to work through.
Sylvia
Boy wants to see his dad (divorced) and sets out by himself on his bike and his cat.
Dazzle Me
Read this to the kids, it was a exciting read, they really enjoyed it.
Jessie
Sydney
Sydney added it
Jan 26, 2015
jovilyn campusano
jovilyn campusano marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
Jan 07, 2015
S
S marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Ally
Ally added it
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Peg Kehret writes middle grade fiction and nonfiction. She's won dozens of state children's choice awards, where kids vote for their favorite book.

When she was twelve, Peg was paralyzed with polio. Most of her protagonists are the age she was then.

A volunteer with animal rescue groups, three of Peg's books are co-authored by Pete the Cat."
More about Peg Kehret...
Stolen Children Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio Runaway Twin Abduction! Escaping The Giant Wave