The Guinea Pig Handbook

The Guinea Pig Handbook

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Barron's "Pet Handbooks" are written, designed, and illustrated in much the same attractive style as Barron's best selling "Complete Pet Owner's Manuals." However, "Handbooks" have a larger page-count and with it, more extensive and detailed coverage of each title's subject pet. This brand new handbook for guinea pig owners provides a wealth of information on the animal's...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Barron's Educational Series

Laura deLuna
on page 51:
DONT EVER BUY A WHEEL OR BALL (like the kind you put a hamster in) FOR YOUR GUINEA PIG 1)they don't like them and 2) it can cause serious damage to their spine!!

on page 27 there is a picture of a piggy... his nails are WAAAAY TOO LONG! its disgusting that no one was caring for him. I cant believe that they didn't clip his nails! he could get hurt with nails that long!

also: you never want to buy a piggy from a pet shop. they are notorious for bad piggy health care, so the piggy that yo...more
Geri Dosalua
Adult book, although older juvenile readers may also find informative. I learned some from this book and found it a quick and easy read. Don't know if I agree with everything that was said, such as some of the diet comments. It got me interested in setting up a bookshelf for my animal books, and visiting some online guinea-pig sites like guinea pig daily digest (gpdd). Dick King-Smith, recently deceased, was an avid guinea-pig owner. He was actually part of my inspiration to get a guinea pig, as...more
Brittany Perry
Best guinea pig book I have ever read. It is complete and a big read for such a small book. There is a lot packed in this tiny package. And it blew my mind up.
Marissa
Jun 11, 2009 Marissa added it Recommends it for: Guinea Pig Owners
Recommended to Marissa by: library
I have a almost 3 month old guinea pig so i got this book to learn about them and to learn how to care for him better :D
Jenifer
Basic info. Helpful for new guinea pig slaves.
Bridget
We had Guinea Pigs; Trixie and Pixie.
Meghan Clark
Meghan Clark marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
شبح
شبح marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Flat
Flat marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Thanh Mai
Thanh Mai marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Jay Jaychou
Jay Jaychou marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Addess123
Addess123 marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Zhumpa Whumpa
Zhumpa Whumpa marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
L
L marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Phongnhat
Phongnhat marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Hedgehogs Dwarf Hamsters The Shih Tzu Handbook The Chinchilla Handbook The Pomeranian Handbook