Start by marking “The Guinea Pig Handbook” as Want to Read:
The Guinea Pig Handbook

The Guinea Pig Handbook

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Barron's "Pet Handbooks" are written, designed, and illustrated in much the same attractive style as Barron's best selling "Complete Pet Owner's Manuals." However, "Handbooks" have a larger page-count and with it, more extensive and detailed coverage of each title's subject pet. This brand new handbook for guinea pig owners provides a wealth of information on the animal's ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Barron's Educational Series

To ask other readers questions about The Guinea Pig Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guinea Pig Handbook

Laura deLuna
on page 51:
DONT EVER BUY A WHEEL OR BALL (like the kind you put a hamster in) FOR YOUR GUINEA PIG 1)they don't like them and 2) it can cause serious damage to their spine!!

on page 27 there is a picture of a piggy... his nails are WAAAAY TOO LONG! its disgusting that no one was caring for him. I cant believe that they didn't clip his nails! he could get hurt with nails that long!

also: you never want to buy a piggy from a pet shop. they are notorious for bad piggy health care, so the piggy that yo
Rena Sherwood
Worth investing in if you live with one or more guinea pigs. Nice that it is written by a vet.
Geri Dosalua
Adult book, although older juvenile readers may also find informative. I learned some from this book and found it a quick and easy read. Don't know if I agree with everything that was said, such as some of the diet comments. It got me interested in setting up a bookshelf for my animal books, and visiting some online guinea-pig sites like guinea pig daily digest (gpdd). Dick King-Smith, recently deceased, was an avid guinea-pig owner. He was actually part of my inspiration to get a guinea pig, as ...more
Brittany Perry
Best guinea pig book I have ever read. It is complete and a big read for such a small book. There is a lot packed in this tiny package. And it blew my mind up.
Marissa
Jun 11, 2009 Marissa added it
Recommends it for: Guinea Pig Owners
Recommended to Marissa by: library
I have a almost 3 month old guinea pig so i got this book to learn about them and to learn how to care for him better :D
Jenifer
Basic info. Helpful for new guinea pig slaves.
Bridget
We had Guinea Pigs; Trixie and Pixie.
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 29, 2015
Whitewillowtree
Whitewillowtree marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Astasia
Astasia marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Neja
Neja marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Miracle
Miracle is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2015
Brian
Brian added it
Jan 17, 2015
Rona
Rona added it
Jan 09, 2015
Jek Villa
Jek Villa marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Oct 11, 2014
Layna
Layna added it
Jul 15, 2014
Gina Franco
Gina Franco marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hedgehogs The Chinchilla Handbook Dwarf Hamsters The Shih Tzu Handbook The Pomeranian Handbook