Start by marking “Stuff Every Mom Should Know” as Want to Read:
Stuff Every Mom Should Know

Stuff Every Mom Should Know

A Mother ShouldTrust Her Instincts

Or so they say. But when you’re not completely sure how to handle a parenting problem, Stuff Every Mom Should Know has the answers, including:

• How to Swaddle a Baby
• Fifteen Birthday-Party Survival Tips
• The Truth about Potty Training
• The Miracle of White Noise
• Comebacks for Unsolicited Parenting Advice

Plus tips for mas
Published March 27th 2012 by Quirk Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stuff Every Mom Should Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuff Every Mom Should Know

Lenore Webb
Mar 14, 2012 Lenore Webb rated it it was amazing
Now yesterday I was telling you how to con your kiddos. Of course there is those things every mom knows. Wait you do know all of the tricks of the trade right? You had the book issued when you gave birth. You did get it right? NO! Oh no you have to hurry up!

Come on it was the lil purple book that was there on the other side of the nurse. Yeah the one bringing you that bundle of joy. Okay your one of those moms who looked at the wee babe and forgot everything else. It is alright it can happen to
Lilac Wolf
Mar 26, 2012 Lilac Wolf rated it it was amazing
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

Remember when I reviewed How to Con Your Kid and said it would make a great shower gift? This should also be added. It's a quick parenting book with only the barest of suggestions from infant to teenager. The infant section does include some good ideas about when to introduce food, what constitutes solid food, and even suggesting if you plan carefully you can mush up the dinner you prepared for everyone else and get the older baby eating different foods. Of course with n
Jan 04, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it
I cannot believe that this book thus far has gotten rave reviews. This is, in my opinion, a useless and ridiculous book (sorry if you were the one that bought it for me!). It includes such gems as this "recipe" for applesauce: "purchase a jar of organic applesauce... open and serve". Seriously? Go buy some is your "simple recipe"? Give me a break. Another: white noise can be made by "mak[ing] the sound 'shhh-shhh-shhh-shhh'" with your mouth. Wow, that is astonishing! Thank god I had this book on ...more
Shauna
Jun 09, 2012 Shauna rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I got this book free for review.

This is a great book for Newbie Moms.

It covers everything from how to swaddle your newborn to how to make Mickey Mouse pancakes like a pro to 5 things to do with your Tween that you'll both enjoy. It's not a long or in depth book, but it covers a lot of stuff they don't teach you in Lamaze or your basic parenting class.

My favorite sections are Comebacks for Unsolicited Parenting Advice ("Really? That sounds cool," or, "I'm glad that's working for you,
Mollie
Feb 29, 2012 Mollie rated it really liked it
Shelves: quirk, first-reads
I received this book as a review copy from Quirk Books. While I am not a mom, I did enjoy the tricks and advice given in this small format. I think this will be a great addition to any new mom's collection of baby books to be ready for parenthood and all of its trial and tribulations. It is the perfect size to carry around in a diaper bag or purse from a quick look up. Definitely a good one for parents, new and old.
Cassie
Some sections of this book were cute but there was definitely nothing earth-shattering or that I couldn't have figured out on my own. Still, I think this would be a nice gift for a new mom because it's a sweet, quick read.
Wendy Copley
May 15, 2012 Wendy Copley rated it it was amazing
A nice little book loaded with handy ideas that aren't normally included in parenting manuals. Five ways to entertain your child when you're faced with a wait? Yes, please! The humorous, conversational voice is a nice addition the good ideas.
Eleanor Wint
Eleanor Wint rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Agustin Pradini
Agustin Pradini rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Kari Sommers
Mostly stuff this mom already knew.

A few useful tidbits for when my kids are older, though.
Talaur Lane'e Alvarado
Talaur Lane'e Alvarado rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Storm
Storm rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Nik
Nik rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Oridisi
Jan 15, 2015 Oridisi rated it it was amazing
Great little book with interesting facts for 1st time moms like me
I.m. Pai
I.m. Pai rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2013
Stevi
Stevi rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2016
Lisa Lou
Lisa Lou rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Allison Manenti
Allison Manenti rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Summer
Summer rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Krysten
Krysten rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Mitsya
Mitsya rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Quirk Books
Quirk Books rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2012
Alexis Davis
Alexis Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2012
Danica
Danica marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
Anna Phoenix
Anna Phoenix marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Kris Hoil
Kris Hoil marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
The Joy of Booking
The Joy of Booking marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Melowin
Melowin marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Kurt
Kurt added it
Sep 25, 2013
Sara Floro
Sara Floro marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Ari
Ari marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Jazzygirl86
Jazzygirl86 marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Mikki
Mikki marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Richie
Richie added it
Aug 30, 2014
Alexandrina
Alexandrina marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014