Balloon Toons: Baxter the Tweeting Dog

Balloon Toons: Baxter the Tweeting Dog (Balloon Toons)

2.87 of 5 stars 2.87  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The Twooferverse proves invaluable when Baxter's doggy pal goes missing. All the neighborhood pups provide Twitter-ish clues they find while going about their daily routines to help locate the missing mutt.
Published June 26th 2012 by Blue Apple Books (first published May 8th 2012)

E Reyes
Baxter: Lucy, I found you!
Lucy: Was I lost?

I found this at Booksale and was really interested on the writer's integration of social networking on a children's book. Very cute and silly! Hahaha! Kids will love this! The illustrator did a very great job. Thumbs up! :-)
Audrey
My son really liked this one. However, it makes us parents realize how much electronics are a part of our lives and the lives of our children.
Lindsay
Though I LOL'd at a couple jokes, overall I think kids may not get a lot of this story. The illustrations are attractive but very busy. I'm not sure what age I could recommend this to as there is a disparity between the references and continuity and the relatively simple text is wide.
carissa
Recommended Ages: grades 2 - 4

Baxter's friend Lucy is missing, and so he begins "Twoofing," the dog equivalent of "Tweeting," with all of the neighborhood pups, who find clues to her whereabouts while going about their daily routines.
Ryan
Why do I persist with this series?
A comic about a dog that tweets?
How could this possibly be any good?
(spoiler: it isn't)
Something like eight pages long with minimal text, and still a chore to finish.
Lorna
Odd little book about a bunch of dogs "twoofing" to find their lost pal. I thought the story was busy and disjointed. I guess the point is to introduce twitter to the younger set.
Polly
This is pretty lame. I think you need to be a Twitter enthusiast to find it enjoyable, and I'm not, nor are most children.
Christia
Christia marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
she attended Carnegie Mellon University as a fine arts major, then moved on to New York's School of Visual Arts, where she received her degree in illustration and cartooning.

In between, she sold ice cream at Disney World and ran errands for MTV.

After graduation, she worked at Marvel Comics as a production assistant where she met her lovely husband. After a few years working alongside super heroes,...more
More about Doreen Mulryan Marts...
Frankly, Frannie (Frankly, Frannie #1) Doggy Day Care (Frankly, Frannie #2) Check, Please! (Frankly, Frannie #3) Funny Business (Frankly, Frannie #4) Principal for the Day (Frankly, Frannie #5)