My Little Word Book

My Little Word Book

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Developing language skills and finding out about the world is simple and fun in this fantastic book. Associating simple first words with beautiful pictures will help build your child’s vocabulary and encourage speaking and reading skills.
Board Book, 28 pages
Published August 1st 2004 by Priddy Books

Connie
This is fairly comprehensive. You may be able to never buy another book like this again.

Every page or two page spread has a number of photographs in various categories - animals, things we do, food, vehicles.

The photographs range from things your kid will see every day (bathtub, bowl, dog) to things your kid probably will *not* see every day (flamingo, kookaburra, helicopter).

At the end, there's two pages focusing on colors and shapes.

Just right for this age group. I recommend this book, and, re...more
Milo P.
Dec 23, 2012 Milo P. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Milo by: Birthday gift from Aunt Britt
This was a perfect birthday present. I loved to look at the pictures of the baby and kitties. I also would turn to the house pictures and point to the small flag on the house.

Mama was very surprised when I pointed to the heart, star and moon and shape and named them. She didn't know that I could recognize those shapes. But, I could.
Bojan Tunguz
This is a really cool and eminently educational book for your toddler. It covers some of the most important early words that any child should learn – body parts, colors, animals, modes of transportation, people. It is instructive and all of the illustrations are nice and clear. The book is durable and sturdy, and it will survive (at least for a while) an attack of any aggressive infant.

On Amazon’s website the book is marked to be appropriate for the 2-5 age range, but on the cover it indicates...more
Robin
We have had this book for a few months now. Ian is almost 8 months old and early on enjoyed bright colors and images and will get this book out himself and look at it though he needs some help turning pages yet. He even seems to have favorite pages already like the kids doing activities and the flowers which are on colored backgrounds instead of white.
Robert
Fritz loved this book! It teaches vocabulary as it each page is full of photographs with the vocabulary word beneath it. The photographs are bold. Each page is centered on a theme. Fritz loved to use as an I-Spy type book: "Where's the ball?" "Which one is the orange?" etc.

This was his favorite book for a while so we read it numerous times . . . over and over and over again.
Tdavis
Mar 03, 2011 Tdavis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Baby - Preschool
Great vocabulary builder as it has more than 300 essential first words and pictures. Caregivers can be guided by the attention spans of the child and work their way through this as they choose.

Early Literacy Skills:

Print Awareness
Print Motivation
Vocabulary
Joanie
We spends lots and lots of time with all the Priddy books. The pictures great and really seem to catch my son's attention. They're a big help in getting kids to start to point to and label things, my son will sit and look through these books on his own, I love that they keep him busy!
Colleen
Great book to test kids' understanding before they can talk or before they know many words... also let's them show you things that interest them.
Tommy
Hand-me-down from the Seeleys, this was quickly read to shreds. Too bad, it had a wonderful variety of words."
Danny
Se
Se marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Derek Lefler
Derek Lefler is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2013
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Roger Priddy left school at 16 with just one qualification—in art. He went to Berkshire College of Art and Design and trained as an illustrator. His first job in children’s books was working with the publisher Peter Usborne, at Usborne Publishing, and then he worked with Peter Kindersley at Dorling Kindersley, where he spent 16 years. Priddy became Creative Director of DK’s Children’s Division and...more
More about Roger Priddy...
First 100 Words My Big Animal Book Bright Baby First Words My Big Truck Book Bright Baby Animals