Start by marking “My Little Word Book” as Want to Read:
My Little Word Book

My Little Word Book

Developing language skills and finding out about the world is simple and fun in this fantastic book. Associating simple first words with beautiful pictures will help build your child's vocabulary and encourage speaking and reading skills.
Board Book, 28 pages
Published August 1st 2004 by Priddy Books

To ask other readers questions about My Little Word Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Little Word Book

Connie
Aug 09, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
This is fairly comprehensive. You may be able to never buy another book like this again.

Every page or two page spread has a number of photographs in various categories - animals, things we do, food, vehicles.

The photographs range from things your kid will see every day (bathtub, bowl, dog) to things your kid probably will *not* see every day (flamingo, kookaburra, helicopter).

At the end, there's two pages focusing on colors and shapes.

Just right for this age group. I recommend this book, and, re
Milo
Jul 04, 2011 Milo rated it really liked it
Recommended to Milo by: Birthday gift from Aunt Britt
This was a perfect birthday present. I loved to look at the pictures of the baby and kitties. I also would turn to the house pictures and point to the small flag on the house.

Mama was very surprised when I pointed to the heart, star and moon and shape and named them. She didn't know that I could recognize those shapes. But, I could.
Bojan Tunguz
Mar 20, 2013 Bojan Tunguz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really cool and eminently educational book for your toddler. It covers some of the most important early words that any child should learn – body parts, colors, animals, modes of transportation, people. It is instructive and all of the illustrations are nice and clear. The book is durable and sturdy, and it will survive (at least for a while) an attack of any aggressive infant.

On Amazon’s website the book is marked to be appropriate for the 2-5 age range, but on the cover it indicates
Felix
Dec 22, 2015 Felix rated it it was amazing
Mama remembers reading this book with my big brother. She was delighted to discover that I love it as much as he did. I love to look at the trucks and cars. I always ask to look at the page with cheese. "Cheese?" I call out, until mama finds it. Once there I relax, smile and point to the picture and repeatedly say, "Cheese."

When we get to the food page we pretend to eat it. I love to look at the animals much more than my big brother did. Mama thinks these types of books are excellent for buildi
Robin
Dec 23, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ian-s-books
We have had this book for a few months now. Ian is almost 8 months old and early on enjoyed bright colors and images and will get this book out himself and look at it though he needs some help turning pages yet. He even seems to have favorite pages already like the kids doing activities and the flowers which are on colored backgrounds instead of white.
Robert
Mar 31, 2012 Robert rated it liked it
Fritz loved this book! It teaches vocabulary as it each page is full of photographs with the vocabulary word beneath it. The photographs are bold. Each page is centered on a theme. Fritz loved to use as an I-Spy type book: "Where's the ball?" "Which one is the orange?" etc.

This was his favorite book for a while so we read it numerous times . . . over and over and over again.
Joanie
Apr 07, 2008 Joanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jacks-books
We spends lots and lots of time with all the Priddy books. The pictures great and really seem to catch my son's attention. They're a big help in getting kids to start to point to and label things, my son will sit and look through these books on his own, I love that they keep him busy!
Tdavis
Mar 03, 2011 Tdavis rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Baby - Preschool
Great vocabulary builder as it has more than 300 essential first words and pictures. Caregivers can be guided by the attention spans of the child and work their way through this as they choose.

Early Literacy Skills:

Print Awareness
Print Motivation
Vocabulary
Nathaniel Judd
Nov 20, 2014 Nathaniel Judd rated it liked it
Shelves: nathaniel
This book is print by priddy books because I like it
Kat
Oct 22, 2014 Kat rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-read
A lovely book filled with words galore.
Tommy
May 03, 2011 Tommy rated it it was amazing
Hand-me-down from the Seeleys, this was quickly read to shreds. Too bad, it had a wonderful variety of words."
Colleen
May 14, 2010 Colleen rated it really liked it
Great book to test kids' understanding before they can talk or before they know many words... also let's them show you things that interest them.
Danny
May 01, 2011 Danny rated it it was amazing
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Zachary Conner
Zachary Conner rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2009
Leo and Ian
Leo and Ian rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Mo
Mo rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Yarb
Yarb rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2008
Ryan Imbrock
Ryan Imbrock rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Brittany Buckles
Brittany Buckles rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Yayoi
Yayoi rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Patrick
Patrick rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2011
Riotgrrrlk97
Riotgrrrlk97 rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2012
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2008
Hunter
Hunter rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2008
Terri Fertitta
Terri Fertitta rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2015
lynn
lynn rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Justin Heiden
Justin Heiden rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Roger Priddy left school at 16 with just one qualification—in art. He went to Berkshire College of Art and Design and trained as an illustrator. His first job in children’s books was working with the publisher Peter Usborne, at Usborne Publishing, and then he worked with Peter Kindersley at Dorling Kindersley, where he spent 16 years. Priddy became Creative Director of DK’s Children’s Division and ...more
More about Roger Priddy...