Cock-A-Doodle Who?

Cock-A-Doodle Who?

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This simple picture book will fascinate children with its brilliantly designed silhouette cutouts and vibrant patterns, while simultaneously teaching them about life on a farm and all the people and animals found there.
Published March 1st 2012 by Albert Whitman & Company

Shanshad Whelan
The art is stunning, cut out images and patterns that tease the eye, this book is a visual delight. The rhyming less spectacular overall. At times I felt the text was a little forced to fit the rhyme rather than flowing naturally. Still this is a remarkable little book of farm creatures and people and is one of those rare books I can actually recommend for teachers looking for books with "patterns".
Colette
I would have given this 5 stars, but I think this will be one of those books that only last a few checkouts due to the cutout pages. Even my grown daughter sitting next to me in church, showing it to her daughter tried to open the book and turn the pages using the cutouts in each page.

Bold colors, bold art, there is an A-A rhyme, but it doesn't continue so you really can not predict, other than using the cutout of the animal shape. So maybe the French to English translation is the best they cou...more
Barbara
There is quite a lot of action on this farm, and I liked some of the pages better than others. Young readers will enjoy turning each page to discover what's revealed in the die-cuts on several pages. At first glance at the left-hand page, it isn't easy to see what the pattern is taken from, but looking at the right-hand page clarifies everything, and then when the page is turned, readers can see something else. The author has used some words that will be challenging for young readers; for instan...more
Kim
The images and concept of this book are great, each die cut page turns to reveal the second part of each rhyme, and the pictures are beautiful. Unfortunately this book was translated from French and so some of the text is hit or miss. I don't know many american two year olds who relate to a person's "gait".
Mary
This is a great book for read aloud because it encourages dialogic reading through the questions prompted within the book itself. The grammar is correct (yay!) and the artwork is very clever-on each page is an animal cut out and the artwork behind it changes as you turn the page.
Kendra
Love the bright colors and cut outs. The book was kind of stiff so the first cut outs didn't really work as well as the ones in the middle. Still a lot of fun and simple enough for the youngest child.
Donalyn
Bold black and white images over colorful cutouts create a visually appealing hide and seek experience.
CFAITC
Sep 27, 2013 CFAITC added it
Shelves: primary
Learn more about farm animals through clever rhymes and animal cutouts.
Danni A.
Danni A. marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Nanners
Nanners marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Katie
Katie added it
Jan 27, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Niki (Daydream Reader) marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
May 05, 2012
Zoe
Zoe added it
May 01, 2012
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012
What Do You See? Look Who's There! Qui Où Quoi Poussez Pas (French Edition) Sur Le Chemin