Start by marking “Armand Ptolemy and the Golden Aleph” as Want to Read:
Armand Ptolemy and the Golden Aleph

Armand Ptolemy and the Golden Aleph

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Synchronicity machines ... Difference engines that calculate using the yin / yang of the iChing ... Geomancy: the art of making stone monoliths float with sound. The hacker collective 'Anonymous'. Ancient secret societies …

This is the world of ARMAND PTOLEMY, a new action-adventure hero. Facing an enemy armed with the Golden Aleph -- a mystical device that allows its wield
Audiobook
Published November 14th 2011 (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Armand Ptolemy and the Golden Aleph, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armand Ptolemy and the Golden Aleph

Gordon Wulff
An enjoyable read with a very interesting style . Sometimes lacking depth but kept me reading and left me wanting more of a very interesting concept . Already asked the author twice for the next installment .

A new Author that is doing incredible works .

Without by E.E. Borton Without
Suffer by E.E. Borton Suffer
Abomination by E.E. Borton Abomination
E.E. Borton
Артём Багинский
I like Mark Jeffrey's style, the world based on urban legends, new age concepts and conspiracy theories. It's subtle in pocket and the pendant (what if a couple of Zacharia Sitchin's ideas were true?), intricate in the Two Travelers (let's force all new age nonsense be true as well) and over the top here - with a pinch of actuality thrown in (#ocupants don't know half of what they're standing up against). But this novel didn't feel as polished as Max Quick books and I had the feeling that Armand ...more
Jessica
Mark warned me this book was way different. He didn't lie. But he also said he thought I'd like it. He wasn't wrong. I really liked the conspiracy theories. There never came a time when I felt like any of them had jumped the shark. Don't get me wrong, they are crazy but they are walk the plausibility tightrope well. Well that said, there wasn't enough depth for me. I like Mark's style because he gets very intricate with his stories. I didn't get enough of that in APatGA. I would love a sequel. O ...more
Tawna
I actually really enjoyed this book. I had no intention of reading it for a while yet, seeing that it just arrived today, but when I was flipping through it I thought why not start it; (as I was procrastinating from being productive and the large print was alluring to me). The plot was interesting and immediately upon starting the book I was tossed into the fast-paced plot, which is what kept me from putting the book down until I was finished. I would recommend it as an entertaining quick read a ...more
Phillip
This is a quick read, has some interesting twists in it but feels a bit incomplete especially at the ending.

Fair Warning: Criticism based on personal bias.
Having some that now lives with us that has come out from a background of mental and physical abuse, I had no tolerance for the descriptions of the Black Butterfly training. Yes, I know why it was there and how it's used in e story, but I defy anyone to want to read that in fiction after dealing with the consequences of that crap in real life
Mike
I could put up with the conspiracy theories by regarding them as fictional, though I do wonder if the author actually believes them, at least to a degree.

I could put up with the completely absurd premise of the Golden Aleph, passed off with a bit of mystico-technobabble and the comment by a character that it "isn't much of stretch", which it is.

But extended descriptions of cruelty I will not put up with.
Deana Nelson
Innovative and current, Armand Ptolemy is a brilliant book that left me eagerly looking forward to the sequel. Never before have I read anything that uses current events as such a perfect basis for a fictional story.
gRegor
The conspiracy theory stuff was a bit too much for me. The book could have used some better editing, too; there were a fair number of typos.
Karin Rosner
I just am not in the mood for this, 49% of the way through. Abandoned.
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Che Rex
Che Rex marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Tony Winders
Tony Winders marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Kribu
Kribu added it
May 10, 2014
Goutham Ramalingam
Goutham Ramalingam marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Coburn Hawk
Coburn Hawk marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Ghassan
Ghassan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mark Jeffrey is the author of the young adult Max Quick Series (maxquickseries.com). He is also the author of the ARMAND PTOLEMY thriller series and AGE OF AETHER, a steampunk adventure-romance.

His first podiobook, MAX QUICK: THE POCKET AND THE PENDANT, has received over 2.4 million downloads to date. He has co-founded four internet companies and written four novels.

Mark has been named as one of H
More about Mark Jeffrey...
Max Quick: The Pocket and the Pendant (Max Quick, #1) Max Quick: The Two Travelers (Max Quick, #2) Prisoner of Glass Age of Aether Max Quick: The Bane of the Bondsman (Max Quick, #3)