Start by marking “Bound by Vengeance (Sentinel Wars, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Vengeance (Sentinel Wars, #5.5)

Bound by Vengeance (Sentinel Wars #5.5)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  570 ratings  ·  44 reviews
An original novella in the Sentinel Wars series by Shannon K. Butcher.

Dakota knows what kind of powe
Published February 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Vengeance

Real by Katy EvansKnight by Kristen AshleyBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
True Alpha Males Who do not SHARE their women.
316th out of 390 books — 493 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Revealed by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. Ward
Paranormal Romance
86th out of 89 books — 47 voters

More lists with this book...

PepperP0t
(4.5 Stars Really)
Dakota Kasey has been obsessed with tracking and killing Synestryn since they attacked her family and killed her brother several months ago. No matter how hard her cousin, Jake tries to get her to stop putting herself in danger, Dakota doesn't/won't/can't stop. Jake asks Liam Lamm to try to convey the seriousness of the situation to her and convince her to go live with the Theronai as a favor to him. When Liam goes to talk with Dakota, he finds Dakota is his mate. Jake & Da
Katya
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Dakota Kacey and her brother Darren are attacked by the Synestryn six months ago. Dakota is racked with guilt and goes hunting every night to kill her brother's attacker. Dakota's family are members in a group called the Defenders. Defenders along with the Theronai are fighting a war against the Synestryn unbeknown to the human race. Jake, leader of the Defenders, asks Liam Lann to talk with Dakota. Liam agrees and finds that Dakota is leaving. She gives Liam five minutes to talk and as Liam sta ...more
Mirely
Goodreads says: The guilt that Defender Dakota Kacey feels about her brother’s death is all-consuming, making her determined to find and kill the demon who murdered him. But the leader of the Defenders is worried about what Dakota is capable of, and calls in Liam Lann to keep an eye on her. Dakota knows what kind of power a Theronai like Liam possesses, and agrees to bind herself to him if he’ll help her exact vengeance. But a bond to a Theronai is not a decision to make lightly, and as the sea ...more
Barb Lie
Bound by Vengeance is a novella by Shannon K. Butcher. This is part of her Sentinel Wars series, and it is right before her Dying Wish full novel due in March.

Bound by Vengeance is about Dakota Kacey, who knows all about the Theronai warriors, and the women they become bonded to save their lives. Dakota is one the Defenders, who help the Theronai’s against the evil Synestryns. Dakota blames herself for the death of her brother Daren, who was killed by the demons. She is determined to avenge her
Jeanne
Ok, I rate short stories a little differently than a full length novel because they are not full length and therefore don't have the same level of intensity or character developemnt, so they deserve to be considered differently than a novel.

That being said, this was a really well-done short story. I have to be a huge fan of the series so that helps, and because we have met Liam before we have some idea of who he is to start out. The story does a really good job of presenting both the hero and th
Sandra
I love this series. This was a novella but Liam and Dakota's story didn't feel less developed than usual. They may have had one or two less hurdles, but the main thing that makes this a novella instead of the usual full-length in this series is that we didn't have all the secondary characters. This was a nice little teaser for Dying Wish that comes out next month.

I do have to say that I got a little annoyed with Dakota in the last few pages because she pulled that whole "How could he possibly lo
Cheryl
This was totally a throwaway story. Followed the formula of the rest of the series, and I felt no attachment to either character. I guess I'm glad that it was only a novella. The hero and heroine fell "in love" so fast, it was kind of ridiculous. I could buy "in lust" but the whole, "I'll love you forever even though we just met" is such a hard sell. I could buy that the heroine might tie herself to him out of gratitude and as they use their connection to open themselves up to each other, love b ...more
L-D
About 3.5 stars. This was a nice novella length story. Dakota Kacey is wracked with guilt after her brother is killed by a demon attracted to her blood. On a quest for vengeance, she has no cares for her own safety. Sent by her cousin, Jake, the leader of the Defenders, Liam Lann decides that if he can't keep Dakota from going on this mission, he should do his best to try to keep her alive by going with her. This was an interesting story, and while the couple is not as engaging as some of the ot ...more
Heather
Jun 12, 2014 Heather added it
Shelves: 2014
The formula is tired. Something needs to come to resolution already!
Darcy
With this being a short story we didn't have the long wait/fight for the couple together. Of course it helped that Dakota knew all about the hidden world, so meeting the warrior Liam wasn't a big shock for her.

I liked that Liam didn't bowl over Dakota with this larger than life personality of a warrior. He realized quickly just what Dakota was to him and he worked to slowly win her over by being very open with her and support her when she started to be all whoa is me, which happened a lot.

I hope
Ronatha Hall
lovely short novella
Brigghit Caceres
Little, but I loved
Jaimie
I'm not usually a fan of short stories, but I loved this one. The Sentinel Wars might be my favorite series. It really depends on the day you ask me. It's a toss up between Sentinel Wars and Black Dagger Brotherhood. Anyway, this wasn't nearly long enough but short stories never are. It still had all of the important parts, they were just shorter. It was perfect for our four hour drive today.
Shannon
I really didn't like Dakota. Out of all the heroines in this series I know she bugged me the most. She was so wrapped up in her guilt and poor me-ing. One scene in particular bugged me, she left in the middle if a fight because something didn't go as planned. U wanted to shake her and tell her to get over herself.
Nicole Luiken
Marked this one's release day on the calendar and bought it at breakfast, finished it before noon. Made Luke's dentist appt. so much more pleasant. I'm often disappointed in novellas (lack of development due to length), but this one hit the mark. A solid entry in the series, can't wait until the next one!
Fiona
These short stories are a great taster, though I find they move so quickly, everything happens in 48hrs and I miss the depth of the character you get in a full novel and the side stories.

Must say though I loved reading the excerpt at the from Dying Wish and can't wait til nit comes out next month!
Teri
Okay so luckily my mom owns a Kindle. Bad news, I downloaded the book Wednesday night and finished it last night, argh. Now I have to wait until March to se what happens with Jackie. Damn you Shannon Butcher, you're like a drug.
I love the Sentinel series, these characters are AWESOME
Joyce
I ususally like the short stories better than the long books. Not this time. Her storline with this series can't be rushed.. That is how this one felt. No real connection between them.. I am looking forward to reading DYING WISH. THe next full length book..
Joni Stevens
I recommend this to be read in series order. it fit in well to continue the connection with the Athansian race. I like how it wrapped up and had happy ending. I hope to see more of Liam and Dakota as I continue the series.
Izy
Rating~ 3 stars to 3.5 stars.

This is a short novella about Liam and Dakota. It was a quick read and a good edition to the series thought it didn't really have anything to do with the overall arc of the series.
Nibrock
A good quick read. Unattached to any of the main characters from full length novel characters. (Unless I've forgotten them...) Good quick romance, lots of action. Interesting new magic!
Jessica
I loved this little short story. Liam was so noble and caring he nearly broke my heart. My only wish would be for this to be a full length book instead of the short story it is.
Ellie
This is a great novella and just got me even more geared up to read the sixth book in this series. Liam is everything I want in my alpha males and he mad this a great book
Priscilla Crocker
Liz
Liked it, a nice way to get a taste of the series when your craving the next book. It was short and sweet with enough action and romance to keep you wanting more.
Jayne
A really good short story. Can't wait for the next addition "Dying Wish" to come out. Love this authors writing style and her characters.
Mandy
As developed as characters can get in such a short story. :) Not bad - I'm still waiting to hear more on my favorite pair.
Emoore0916
Ellen
Nice short story till "Dying Wish" comes out. If you follow the series then this one is a nice addition to add too.
  • On the Hunt (Includes: Sentinel Wars #3.4, Nightkeepers #5.5, Gods of Midnight, #4.5)
  • Demon Hunting in the Deep South (Demon Hunting, #2)
  • Magic Unchained (Nightkeepers, #7)
  • The Enchanted Truth
  • Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4.5)
  • Frost Maiden (Space Lords, #1)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • Natural Evil (Elder Races, #4.5)
  • Born of Ashes (Guardians of Ascension, #4)
  • Shadow Rising (Dark Dynasties, #3)
  • When Temptation Burns (The Shadow Keepers, #6)
  • Heart of Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8)
  • Night Forbidden (Envy Chronicles, #5)
  • Tangi's Teardrops: A Single Tear Will Change Everything...
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
Since launching her career in 2007, award-winning author Shannon K. Butcher has penned more than eighteen titles, including the paranormal romance series, the Sentinel Wars; the action-romance series, the Edge; and a handful of romantic suspense novels and works of short fiction. Being a former engineer and current nerd, she frequently uses charts, graphs and tables to aid her in the mechanics of ...more
More about Shannon K. Butcher...

Sentinel Wars (9 books)
  • Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1)
  • Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2)
  • Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3)
  • Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4)
  • Blood Hunt (Sentinel Wars, #5)
  • Dying Wish (Sentinel Wars, #6)
  • Falling Blind (Sentinel Wars, #7)
  • Willing Sacrifice (Sentinel Wars, #8)
  • Binding Ties (Sentinel Wars, #9)
Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2) Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3) Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4) Blood Hunt (Sentinel Wars, #5)