Start by marking “Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)” as Want to Read:
Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)

Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick #6)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  18,334 ratings  ·  1,020 reviews
Stella’s the lead singer and lead guitarist of The Blue Moon Gypsies and Stella used to be Mace’s girl. Mace broke up with her, though, and the loss of him rocked her world. But Stella gets a call, late at night (again) from one of the members of her crazy band. She has to go play clean up (again) and runs into Mace and a shed load of police, and ends up getting shot.

Mace
Published November 13th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Rock Chick Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock Chick Reckoning

Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyMystery Man by Kristen AshleyThe Gamble by Kristen AshleyLady Luck by Kristen Ashley
Best Kristen Ashley Books
17th out of 50 books — 1,734 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Controlling/Sexy/Possessive Men
86th out of 1,910 books — 4,520 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog
Oh Lordy be! I'm still wiping away my happy tears as I write this... This probably is the darkest and emotionally deepest of the Rock Chick books but it also had some of the happiest and most beautiful moments of the series as well as an INCREDIBLE epilogue!

Kai "Mace" Mason. The insanely hot, dark, broody and emotionally broken member of Nightingale Investigations. From the beginning of the series, we've always known that Mace's back story was going to be tragic and heart breaking. Whatever co
Christy
4.5 Stars!!!!
 photo 0dc60861-dce5-4490-9176-c3825a1d5d6c_zps96920a55.jpg

Stella is the lead singer of the Blue Moon Gypsies and friends with a few of the Rock Chicks. The allusive Kai Mason (Mace) is the more quiet and broody member of the Hot Bunch. And these two used to be an item. A year ago, Mace broke it off. Stella isn’t sure why or what happened, but at her last gig, she showed him how much she missed him with her music. Now, something is going on with the band and Stella has to fix it... again. When she gets to her friends, she is shocked to see
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

My Kai "Mace"

My Stella

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

And just because I feel like it but had to other place to do "Additional Character Casting" I am going to do it here because this story gives us multiple POV from all those that we love

My Daisy

My Tod & Stevie

My Tex

My Duke
Karla
5 Stars!! This book ROCKED!!
I know I’m in the minority amongst my GR friends, but this book was damn near perfect for me, and IMO, the best so far in the RC series. I loved “seven hundred and twenty-five thousand things” about it, but I especially enjoyed that Mace and Stella had history. They were an item at one time and I was fascinated by this, finding out what tore them apart, watching them mend, building on what they had and moving forward! They were BOTH stubborn, and I know, I know some
Brit
WHY CAN'T I STOP READING KA BOOKS???

Catarina
5 “I Love Those Rock Chicks” Stars!!

description

Stella and Mace used to be a couple, until he broke it off with no explanation about a year ago and left her broken. She never get over him.
She found refuge in her music and when a member of her band has a problem and she has to go sort it out (yet again!) she finds Mace again. And despite all the feelings, she doesn’t want to be near him.

description

But let’s not forget that this his is a rock chick book. Therefore one of the girls is always with some kind of trouble.
T
Ingela
Written March 10, 2015

3 1/2 Stars - A lot of 'Chick' fun once again

Book #6

This is just more and more like a series about a very big gang of lovely hilarious crazy people. This IS smexy romantic suspense in the best way.

My Summer 2014 romance-project was to listening to all eight audiobooks. I did five so it was about time to go back to this crazy "rock-chick-girls" and sexy gorgeous "hot-bunch-alpha-men" in Denver once again.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Fun, fun, fun, exiting speedy and HOT, as always..
I really enjoyed th
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
Indy, redheaded, blue-eyed and built; Ally, dark-haired, brown eyed and slim; Jet honey blonde, green eyed and pretty; Roxie, also blonde but darker, blue-eyed and seriously stylish; Ava, another blonde, totally knockout, bombshell gorgeous with light brown eyes and Jules movie star glamour. These weren’t exactly your average women.
Hells yeah you got that Right Stella! They aren’t your average women they are the “Rock Chicks!”

= = > I may swear and have small spoilers! .Don’t say you weren
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Mace said to Stella:
"I can't be the star in your sky when you're the only star left shining in mine."

3.5 stars. This book was quite hard to rate. At a certain point it was a very weak 3-star rating. Then again, I rather enjoyed the last 30 % of the story. Ultimately it's a solid 3.5 stars but overall I just felt it was not good enough to round up to 4 stars.

I loved the above mentioned quote but unfortunately I didn't love the story. Sadly Rock Chick Reckoning couldn't live up to my expectations.
~IreneOust~♥s~Søren~Ben O'Callahan~Joe Callahan~Nick Pagano~Spin~Deacon~Isaac~Carlo~

***** 5 ROCKING stars for the epilogue alone! *****

August 12, 2013

Not to sound like a broken record but this is still my favorite book in the series. Mace is still my main man and this book is worth the read (and multiple re-reads!) for the epilogue alone!

Bring on Ren now! Even though he was never a part of a Hot Bunch, he always came across as mighty Hot to me ... ;)

August 6th, 2013

Re-reading this one to get ready for Ally & Ren ...

January 7th, 2013

Three reasons why this is my favorite bo
Lisa
I went into Rock Chick Reckoning with low expectations due to some of the reviews out there. Frankly, I should have just trusted my gut which tells me KA is flat out awesome shit and all her books are addicting and just plain great. Right, now... moving on.

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY

The Good

1. Kai “Mace” Mason. Yes, he was messed up. Yes, he made mistakes with Stella. HOWEVER, he is KAI “FREAKIN” MASON . We forgive him and move on. Oh, and we focus on his alpha-maleness and his hotness.

2. St
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
Re-read Review - August 30-31, 2013

Looking at my original review, I had given this 3.5 stars, but bumped it up to 4 because of the epilogue. Apparently this was, at the time, my least favorite of the Rock Chick stories. After my re-read, however, I've gained a new, huge, appreciation for Mace and Stella, and I've decided there really is no "least favorite" story. There are some I like better than others, sure, but none deserving a label of "least".

Kristen Ashley is a brilliant storyteller and sh
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2 to 4 stars

I enjoyed this book for the most part. Rock Chick Reckoning definitely has a darker, grittier, and more intense feel to it, which I prefer to the early Kristen Ashley Rock Chick books.

There are two elements about this book I find very odd:

1. Kristen Ashley includes an end of series epilogue in this particular book. Why, when there are still two books left in the series?

2. Unbeknownst to the reader, the author has very cleverly interwoven the involvement of a side character throug
Katy The Die Hard Romance Addict ❤️

This has got to be the darkest and most gripping but Intense Rockchick book upto now!!

BLURB
Stella is the lead guitarist of 'her' band(the Blue Moon Gypsies). She used to be with Mace but he broke up with her and a year later Stella is still holding onto her broken heart, but when she gets a call in the middle of the night 'Again'to sort out some trouble from her band which she alway seems to have to clean up, she runs into Mace with a load of police, PI's and ends up getting shot... Mace doesn'
AJ
I absolutely adore this series! I could easily name seven hundred and twenty five thousand things that I adore about this series, but that will take too long, so I’ll just talk about book 6 – Mace and Stella.

God, I love Mace!! I never really got much of a feel for him in the earlier books of the series, apart from a brief (and very interesting) appearance in book 2 Rock Chick Rescue, then again at the end of book 5 Rock Chick Revenge, where he was discovered sharing an intensely smouldering eye
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Re-read September 17, 2013

Mace
"The worst part of breaking up with you was you lettin' me walk away. It was so good between us, I didn't think in a million fuckin' years you'd let me walk away."

Oh man!! This series is awesome!! I have loved re-reading it and can totally see me reading it again someday!! This book still is my second fave of the series. No one can compare to my love for Lucas Stark, but Mace is for sure a close second. Something about those men who are badass but have demons hau
Lady Heather

First read: April 22, 2012

Loved Mace and Stella's story! I really don't think KA can write a 'bad' story!

Second read: May 13-15, 2014

Really enjoyed this re-read

photo http3A2F2F24.media.tumblr.com2Fa2cf899c2e632ca1a5cc5302ea0be2522Ftumblr_n02rnyozmH1rqyscfo1_500.jpg

.. but I had to ask my self HOW DID I MISS THE NAMES OF THE FUTURE HOOK-UPS IN THE EPILOGUE?
KA gave us Hector and Sadie, and Ally in Ren in this epilogue.
 photo pfff.gif

*shaking my head in shame at myself*
Fathima
“You still love me?” he asked.
My eyes narrowed. “What kind of question is that?” I snapped.
“Answer it.”
“I will not, it’s –”
“Answer it!” he barked and I went still at the ferocity in his voice.
Then I whispered, “Of course I do.”
“Then we’re done talkin’. I’m gonna fuck you until I’ve erased everything I’ve said. Until the only thing you can think of is my cock inside you and my hands and mouth on you. Until I hear that fuckin’ voice of yours telling me you love me. I’m gonna fuck you until I kno
Blacky *Romance Addict*
I didn't think I'd ever have a KA book rated 3, but this one sadly has it :( I loved loved loved every single RC so far, but this one came short. Why? Probably because it was supposed to be a Mace/Stella story, but it ended up being Mace/Stella/Indy/Lee/Jet/Eddie/Roxie/Hank/Jules/Vance/Ava/Luke's story. Every other chapter there was a switch in the point of view, we get to see every single Rock Chick so far and how they're doing, it's like a very long epilogue XD
Mace and Stella have such a beau
~ Becs ~
I tried to stay away, really I did, but I just can’t seem to kick my Kristen Ashley obsession. I managed two whole books by another author before I fell off the wagon. They’re just so much fun – they’re irresistible and I’ve just got to feed the habit!
So back we go to the Nightingale Hotties and their Rock Chicks – this time the turn of the delicious Mace and his ex, Stella, who is a bonafide Rock chick, actually a guitarist and singer with a band. Mace has dumped Stella a year before and she is
KatLynne

While I enjoyed Mace and Stella's story, there are some aspects that took away from my loving it. I have come to depend on the Rock Chick books to give me a crazy, funny, totally sexy read with lots of laugh-out-loud moments. This book had a different feel than the previous ones. I thought it was darker, more serious with much less humor.

Mace is another sinfully hot member of the Nightingale team and while not perfect, I still loved him. Stella is lead singer and guitarist in a local r
Len
4 ROCK ON Stars

I find this book odd from KA work. It was not centered to main character. Mace and Stella story was so amazing and interesting and emotional. Though I like hearing again from other Rock Chicks and Hot Bunch of men. So this was like a story of everyone. But I enjoyed it so I will stop bitching about it. My biggest surprise of this book was the epilogue. I'm thinking that was not supposed in this book, but it just make me want to read more the rest of book,Hector/Sadie and Ally/Ren
Hildy (The Book Boss)
These books are just so fun! I don't care that they are repetitive and predictable. I LOVE these characters!
Cindy
I think I found another favorite KA/RC book. I completely loved this book. Loved the story, the characters, the different POV's sprinkled throughout. The action was more exciting, the romance as hot as ever, I loved Stella & I seriously LOVED Mace.

As individules I think Jules & Vance might still edge them out, but as a whole this book was just a pleasure. Not as many LOL moments as the other RC books & the switch to 3rd perspective when in the male character POV's kinda bugged me - b
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
I think I know why this book got lower ratings than the other Rock Chick books. It was much drier and the characters were likable, but not lovable. I didn't find myself invested in Mace or Stella the way I have been in past books. But it's still that great KA writing. I didn't have a hard time putting it down.
Leea

Hands down my favorite Rock Chick book. Mace and Stella are beyond cute and their love and journey was beautiful and healing to read.

“Then what’s important?” “Keepin’ you alive. Workin’ out our shit. Movin’ on together. That’s what’s important.”

You can't have a Rock Chick book without some kick ass rock and roll. Kristen Ashley was able to blend music into this book like nothing I have ever read before. I even cried to Blink 182's 'All the Small Things," never thought that would happen.

So
Melanie
This was a totally different 'Rock Chick' book than its predecessors. I still really liked it, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

First off, the fluffy-fun tone that's inherent in this wicked series has been getting a bit darker. I sort of noticed it taking that turn in 'RC Revenge', but in 'RC Reckoning' it's much more evident. Secondly, unlike all of the other books, this one is told from multiple point of views. Sure, most of it is from Stella's 1st person perspective, but all of the previous
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
Took me awhile to get into this for some reason. Maybe it was the heroine Stella I had trouble with or Kai "Mace" Mason. What Mace went thru with his sister Caitlyn shaped him into what he became. His story was very sad. I got into it more about half way.

Favorite lines:

Tex boomed, "Jesus Jones but I'm glad I wasn't whacked last night. If I was dead, I'd've missed this!"

Ally looked at everyone else, "So, I'm an idiot. This isn't news," she announced.

Chapter 25 I found was funny and annoying. Cha
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I.. I don't even know how this happened. KA books turns me into a reading machine. AND PEOPLE, I HAVE LEGIT TEARS IN MY EYES BEST. ENDING. EVER. I can't believe there's only 2 books left. :(
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Heller's Girlfriend (Heller, #3)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Absolution (Suspense Series, #5)
  • Star Crossed (Battered Hearts, #2)
  • Devil's Game (Reapers MC, #3)
  • And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • A Reclusive Heart (Hollywood Hearts, #2)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley...

Rock Chick (8 books)
  • Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)
  • Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)
  • Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3)
  • Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick, #4)
  • Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)
  • Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7)
  • Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8)
Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)

“I can’t be the star in your sky when you’re the only star left shining in mine.” 256 likes
“Any one of those boys wanted to push me around, I’d say bring it on. Hell, I’d pay for one of ‘em to move into my house. They don’t even have to do me; just walk around so I can watch. Maybe in a towel.” 81 likes