Start by marking “Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop

Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop (Llama Llama)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  292 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Llama Llama TOUCH!
Llama Llama TAP!
Llama Llama Red Pajama
CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!

Can you move like Llama Llama? Watch Llama hop, stretch, touch, and tap in this third board book by Anna Dewdney. Then you can do it, too!
Board Book, 14 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop

Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Time to Share by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Home with Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
Preschool-'L'
10th out of 14 books — 6 voters
The Animal Boogie PB w CD by Debbie HarterJITTERBUGS!  A dance-along story inspired by real American Ji... by Margot ToppenFrom Head to Toe by Eric CarleLlama Llama Hoppity-Hop by Anna DewdneyLet's Dance, Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton
Movement Books for Toddlers
4th out of 5 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin Reilly-Sanders
This would get five stars if Baby Llama was actually wearing red pajamas. It just doesn't make sense without, even if Dewdney is up for some variety, because of the refrain. Aside from that, we love this book. The physical actions are engaging enough that the book doesn't need loud flashy pictures, furry textures, or moveable parts, especially if you act them out. The best part is that when you get to the end of the book you get a "big hug now." I won't thoroughly discuss here but Dewdney is als ...more
Ana
E loves this book. Makes him smile every time, especially the end.
Dolly
Dec 21, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their little ones
Shelves: 2012, childrens, rhyming
We've read many of the books in the Llama Llama series by Anna Dewdney and they are really fun books to read aloud.

Unfortunately our girls are growing out of books like this, so I have to sneak them in on my own when I get a chance. This is a short and cute book that encourages being active and hopping around. There's lots of onomatopoeia and I'm sure that the littlest ones will want to hop and clap along with this book.

The narrative and illustrations are just as adorable and entertaining as I
Jazmin Palma
As I read this book the children, I would have them also do what llama llama does. We would talk about each action word and then I would ask the children what else they can do. I could even do this outside, where they have more room to move.
Aprils
I loved the illustrations and rhyming text. I could see myself reading this book to kids aged 1-4 at a toddler storytime.
Morgan
I chose this book because Llama Llama teaches lessons relevant to a young child in a way that makes it fun.
Megan
We love this book and my toddler knows all of the words.
Ameryn
Oct 15, 2014 Ameryn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ameryn by: library book
Shelves: kids
Lucas really loves this one.
Thia
Aug 07, 2014 Thia added it
Shelves: baby, family
action
Madison
Short, easy read with action words.
Lindsey
The third Llama Llama board book find Llama Llama doing all sorts of activities! This is a fun rhyming book that ends with a big hug. It would also be a great "act it out" book for toddlers.
Dawn
Meh. I know these are popular and this is full of action rhymes, which is fun. However, the text keeps referring to "Llama llama red pajama" when the llama is not wearing pajamas or red.
Lde212_06
This is a good book the have in your classroom library. This is a very easy book for students to read. It can help to increase the confidence in reading throughout the school year.
Deb
Fits into E.'s read multiple times pile, which is a rarity. It gets her and the older one to act out the motions (especially clapping and thumping) so a double win.
Rachel
This quickly became one of my baby's favorites. She loves the rhythm of it. Her face lights up in a huge smile and she claps along each time we read it.
Finn Pennekamp
Eh. This book will probably be more fun when I'm a toddler and I can run and jump and touch my toes along with llama llama.
Maria
The kids at our library can't get enough of Llama llama and these board books will fly off the shelves.
Samantha
A board book with actions for little ones to follow along with. Great read aloud, especially for toddlers.
Rosanna
Cute, but short enough that I'd recommend to 18m-2.5 yrs. I'm sure we'll be reading these often!
Brenna Call
cute, not as good as the longer books but short and sweet for young readers.
Rita M
Fun and very easy. Great for the 1 year old. 2 & 3 year olds enjoyed it too.
Angie Harrold
Favorite for Josh! Best part is there is a BIG HUG at the end of the book :)
Christine
I wouldn't read this a second time. This is my least favorite llama llama book.
Angie
Super simple board book ... but fun. Get out and run around!
Britt, Book Habitue
Okay, that's an unfortunate typo, GoodReads! It's Hoppity-HOP!
Elizabeth
Cute, fun, perfect board book for my 18 month old!
Jaime
My daughter's love all the Llama Llama books! :)
Rida
It is the best book for little ones
Scott
Scott added it
Jul 25, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Llama llama title misspelled 3 16 Jun 30, 2013 06:53AM
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug
  • Yawn
  • It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
  • The Goodnight Train
  • Baby Faces
  • ABC ZooBorns!
  • You Are My Sunshine
  • Tubby
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?
  • Dinosaur Dig!
  • Ladybug Girl Loves...
  • Merry Christmas, Ollie!
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
  • Mommy Hugs
  • Global Babies
  • Boats

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • Llama Llama Wakey-Wake
  • Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom
  • Llama Llama and the Bully Goat
Llama Llama Red Pajama Llama Llama Mad at Mama Llama Llama Misses Mama Llama Llama Holiday Drama Llama Llama Home with Mama