Start by marking “If We Dare to Dream (Evans Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
If We Dare to Dream (Evans Family, #1)

If We Dare to Dream (The Evans Family #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  369 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Meet the Evans family:

A family torn apart by war and misfortune meets a family held together by the bonds of love.

Two families entwine after one fateful night changes their lives forever. Andrew Sheehan, former elite soldier, returns home from war and is suddenly accused of murder. Only Jamie Evans can prove his innocence.

What would you do?

A single meeting, the memory of o
Published November 15th 2011 by Createspace (first published November 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about If We Dare to Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If We Dare to Dream

The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie FlaggThe Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Best Women's Fiction Novels
261st out of 1,016 books — 1,063 voters
The Help by Kathryn StockettDreams Come True by Bridgitte LesleyWater for Elephants by Sara GruenCheating to Survive by Christine ArdigoAfter Forever Ends by Melodie Ramone
Favorite Chick-Lit/Women's Fiction Books
83rd out of 215 books — 423 voters

More lists with this book...

Sandra "Jeanz"

An ex-military man stands accused of murdering a young drunken woman by the name of Kit he met at a local bar, the only alibi he has hinges on the memory of another gorgeous young woman he met that night. He only has her first name Jamie. Andrew had briefly spoken to Jamie whilst they paid their respective bar bills. He had walked her to her car and followed her part of the way home in his gentlemanly way. Andrew didn't see Jamie after that night, even though he would have loved to, he was reall
Tina
Okay so I only read this book because it was free but wow!
I fell instantly for the story line & the characters. This is not something I would normally read but it came easy to me with the way it was written & kept me intrigued. I had so much hope with the beginning of the book then it was crushed only a few short chapters in only to slowly be built back up through the rest of the book. I could not believe the curve ball that was thrown in at the end but I can say it added to it all the m
Mandi Tillotson
So I started this book unsure of what to expect as I have tried several new authors and have been disappointed. Even with some well known authors, I have literally stopped reading before even finishing the book. I am really picky when it comes to what I read because I write as well. I always look for a book with a good flow and well defined, real characters that draw you into the story. This book did just that! It was a great book all the way around and I look forward to the next one in the seri ...more
Nancy Silk
Collette Scott has written an awesome story of two individuals dealing with misfortunes in life. Jamie, recently divorced, returns home for the support and security of four brothers. Andrew, an Iraq war veteran, returns home with scars and post traumatic syndrome. He is let down by his fellow Americans who too quickly believe him to be the guilty person who murdered a woman he briefly met in a bar. This is a realistic story told with much compassion and warmth. At times it is heart wrenching, bu ...more
Donna Porter
this was truly a wonderful book. I just loved it. It was a different kind of read for romance, but the story was great. It was about Andrew and Jamie and a story that took years and fate to bring them back together. Jamie is really a witness to a crime Andrew was convicted of, but she didn't realize it until she returns home five years later. If you have the time please read this book it is great
Helen Stothard
A very brief encounter starts off the book, Jaimie doesn't realise that she's the key to releasing Andrew from prison for four years. It's amazing Andrew survived between his childhood, his PTSD and then being wrongfully convicted but against the odds he does. There's a really good twist to this story that comes outbf nowhere and a suspense filled ending that had me in tears. Enjoyable read.
Randi
This is about a man and woman who met in the bar on Jamie's last night in town before she moved to another town with her fiancee. The man hit on her and goes "bummer, you're taken" and he followed her partly home. Suddenly the next day, he was arrested for a murder that he didn't do but without Jamie's last name (she didn't tell him) and her moving away, he couldn't find her as her witness.

Now a few years later when she moved back to town to live with her brother's family due to the divorce... S
Melody Cox
This is a good book with a very good storyline. The characters were well developed and drew me in, however, I feel there were too many details that did not contribute to the story, making it drag along. There was unnecessary information throughout that detracted from the couple.

Andrew - a man who was severely injured in war and after recovering and returning home he is wrongly charged with a murder he knows nothing about.

Jamie - an ambitious young woman who met Andrew the night before she left t
Lindsay
Nov 09, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 11/9/2012

Book Description:
Meet the Evans family:

What would you do?

A single meeting, the memory of one night, holds the key to a murder. If Jamie is correct, she gives a hero back his
Dawn
Aug 07, 2014 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This is a departure from what I usually read. I'm very happy that i chose it as my starting point for branching out. The characters draw you in and hold you there. There were a couple places where I became impatient but they were short lived and important to the story. I realized the impatience was due to being so caught up in the story. It is well written and reads as though it could be a heart wrenching, positively motivational story that gives you faith that humanity isn't all bad.
Give it a r
Natalya
Great plot, emotionally charged, buildup, strong secondary characters, solid army subplot. Falls short of a great story due to mediocre baddy subplot, and blind faith of behalf of Jamie and her family, it would have been stronger if they had shown at least understanding of how difficult it was to keep their position of unwavering faith in Andrew. I felt that they hesitated at the wrong time (of course they had to step forward, why was there debate, but once done, there may have been some doubts ...more
Liz
I gave it 3 stars at first, but then I changed my mind and gave it 4. It was a great story of two different families with real life problems. Plus it had no overdone spicy scenes, which kept the focus on the problems and characters. Not bad... not bad at all!
Carla Krissinger
They met at a bar on the eve of her moving out of town. She was off to live with her fiancé. He was interested, but made no move to come on to her other than being a complete gentleman! He follows her home to make sure she arrives alright and that is the last they see of each other. Until one night a while later when she is watching the news about a murder that happened that night. HE is the one convicted of the crime. SHE is the one that holds the key to his freedom.

It was a REALLY good book.
Christy
This is a difficult book for me to review.

I loved the story line, and I haven't really read anything like it. The characters were interesting, though a little predictable. I enjoyed the pairing of the Evans clan and Andrew's family.

I liked everything about this book except Adam, and not just because he was the bad guy, but because I couldn't figure his character out. Was he just a sadistic rapist murder, twisted because of the abuse from his childhood? Or suffering from PTSD? I just couldn't ge
Luli
Aunque en principio este libro tenía todos los ingredientes necesarios para que me gustase, al final no ha sido así.
A pesar de que la historia es relativamente original, no llegó a engancharme por los continuos saltos en el tiempo....un mes después....un año después....así hasta cubrir los casi 6 años que narra el libro...
Tampoco me gustó tanto drama....el tema que trata lo merece, pero alargarlo en el tiempo de esa manera no parece muy creible.....demasiadas coincidencias para explicar la "desi
Janet
The best written love story Five Stars plus.

This woman is amazing writer.
The story line is awesome
The romance is truly beautiful
I would read this over and over.
This would be a great HBO series.
Janka
This is an amazing story about tragedy and love. Jamie and Andrew meet in a bar. Next day Jamie moves away to get married and Andrew is arrested for murder. Jamie is the only witness. Can she save him?
I loved the interaction between all the characters, enjoyed watching the relationship between Andrew and Jamie develop and grow. I cried whilst reading about Andrews childhood and then his time in Special Forces. It was so reallistic. Well written. The end was shockin (to me anyway) and heartbreak
Lorie
An okay reading just glad it was free

The plot was too cheesy and unrealistic. I don't know why this was rated as, 4 stars.
Did not give details on how Andrew was convicted as far evidence. Just jump to him being in prison.
Corie
This story was a heart tugging journey, which follows Andrew’s release from prison as he tries to put his life back together. Accused of murder, his only alibi is Jamie, though she was not aware of that until after his release. While it is hard to imagine she didn’t know enough details about the trial to step forward before he was convicted, I liked her strength and determination when she did find out. I liked this story, the secondary characters were a good blend, and I absolutely loved Andrew’ ...more
Christina keefer
I liked realy liked the book
Sharon
This book had just the right amount of romance and suspense the entire way through the book. It gives you a strong family that has overcome the death of their parents and still know love for one another and are a strong unit.

It also gives you a family that had to live with a dysfunctional family, and how that affected the youngest of the family. I truly wish it could have ended differently and the youngest was able to be helped.

I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Maria
This was a good book. It's the first book I read from this author and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Cynthia
A very awesome book,about a military hero charged with murder and the lady who might could set him free in more ways then one. I was hoping the book would tell us who the real killer was and the author didn't disappoint me. This book has love lost, found, hurt, sad and a little humor. Learning to trust and learning to get over pain is always a hard issue.

I doubt you will be disappointed in buying this book. The author did an outstanding job!
Diana Anderson
I don't usually have time to read, but when I do I want a good mystery or suspense. After searching through book after book on Amazon, I stumbled across "If We Dare To Dream". I read the sample available on Amazon and was immediately caught up. I downloaded it to my Kindle. Ms. Scott weaves a wonderful story with mystery, suspense, and romance. I will be back for more of her novels.
Gayle
Seemingly trivial events can have more of an impact than we may ever realize. In this case the main character, Jamie, had no idea how a chance meeting with Andrew would change their lives forever. Nice character development, no graphic sex descriptions; will definitely look for book two in the series - it's really nice to read about a supportive, loving family.
Maritza
This book had me from the word Prologue and the pages did not let me go until after the words...The End. The story was amazing about tragedy, loss, circumstances, family, courage, forgiveness, and of course love! The story is beautifully written, with plenty of twists and turns that kept me from putting it down. Enjoyed it very much!
Cheryl Madge
I really liked this story. I love a romance toed into a mystery. The only things I would have loved was some steam love scene, and either a longer ending or an epilogue. Hopefully the rest of the story is tied into the other novels! Which I will most definitely be reading! Great writing....
Oonagh
I was really enjoying the first half of this book but then it took a turn which I found a bit jarring. The beginning of the mountain scene just didn't ring true for some reason. From then on I found the pacing, story and writing seemed off as if it was written by two authors.
Cindy Standiford
Good read. I figure out the end by the end of the last 10 chapters. Written well to hold the readers attention.
Karen
I really enjoyed this book. Collette is a new author to me but I will definitely be reading more of her writing. The story kept me reading from the first to last word. Characters were just complex enough to keep you wondering. Great Read!
  • Promise Cove (Pelican Pointe, #1)
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • A Fair of the Heart (Welcome to Redemption, #1)
  • Shades of Honor (Grayson Brothers, #1)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Chasing Justice (Piper Anderson, #1)
  • Under Currents
  • Head To Head (Claire Morgan #1)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry (Blonde Barracuda, #1)
  • T'on Ma
  • Someone to Believe In (O'Neil Family, #1)
  • Embers of Hope (Second Gift, #1)
  • Reckless Nights in Rome
  • The Way They Were (That Second Chance, #2)
  • Homecoming
  • The Highlander's Hope (Highland Heart, #1)
  • Cold Comfort
  • Much Ado About Marshals
I have heard voices in my head since I was just a child. I began writing their stories when I was eight-years-old and sharing them with my best friend. We had a lot of laughs about it and came up with some crazy scenes when we were kids. Since then, my writing has become more serious. I prefer to write stories that do end well, despite the trials and tribulations that my characters go through. So ...more
More about Collette Scott...

The Evans Family (7 books)
  • Through Winter Skies
  • Eyes on Tango (The Evans Family, Book Three)
  • Kat's Last Chance: The Evans Family, Book Four
  • Terri's Gift (The Evans Family, Book)
  • Cooper's Choice (The Evans Family, Book Six)
  • Sunshine Rising: The Evans Family, Book Seven
Hannah's Blessing Forever Sunshine Through Winter Skies Eyes on Tango (The Evans Family, Book Three) Kat's Last Chance: The Evans Family, Book Four