Start by marking “Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes” as Want to Read:
Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes

Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes (Horrible Harry #16)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  117 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
When Song Lee-the nicest person in Room 2B-starts getting nasty notes, everyone is shocked. Then Song Lee comes up with a creative way to teach the note sender a lesson he or she won't soon forget.
Published (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes

Emily
Feb 14, 2014 Emily rated it liked it
It was a good length and level for the girls to follow and enjoy. We will probably read more in this series.

My only big problem with it was the moral of the story: "do bad stuff and people might do bad stuff back to you". True enough and the two girls became friends in the end which is good - but I would have preferred a "be kind to those who do mean things" kind of message. Instead the book seemed to approve of Song Lee's reciprocal mean note.
Kaycee Greenwood
Sep 22, 2014 Kaycee Greenwood rated it really liked it
This book was fun to read and told a great message. Song Lee is being bullied by someone in her classroom and the teacher, Ms. Mackle. Instead of scolding one student, she turn this instance into a lesson the whole class could learn from. The book is told from a one of the fellow classmates which makes it fun to read. This would be a great story to read in a elementary classroom.
Mi Y.mun

This book inspires me to think about real bullying in classrooms. The author builds each chapter and connects and supports each others. Song Lee was bullied. Song Lee seemed weak and helpless when she had her head down on her desk after she received hate notes. However, despite the oppositions she faced the person who sent her hate notes. This book describes how a small note could damaged the student emotionally. The teacher cleverly offered resolution through reading a book. The environment the
Christy
Aug 04, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reader, popular
Debra
Jan 23, 2011 Debra rated it liked it
Song Lee is a smart and sweet Asian girl in Miss Markle's second grade class. I believe this series is a spin off of Suzy Kline's Horrible Harry series. Song Lee is in the Horrible Harry books. In this book, a tired and cranky classmate is writing anonymous "I Hate you" notes to Song Lee. Song Lee strikes back by sending a note to the classmate with dead flies glued to it. The classmate confesses in a fit of disgust. They all make up. I especially enjoy the Song Lee books even more than Horrible ...more
Kristen Gurri
Feb 22, 2010 Kristen Gurri rated it liked it
Currently reading this one with Kate and we are really enjoying Kline's Song Lee series. They fit in well with the Horrible Harry franchise.

Kate likes the mystery part. She wants to know who is sending the notes.
Twyla
Aug 21, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Ruth
Apr 18, 2009 Ruth rated it it was ok
Interesting way of broaching a serious subject. I felt that no real lesson was learned. What I got out of it was revenge.
Rachel Dalat
Aug 16, 2011 Rachel Dalat rated it really liked it
Is a very exciting book, and is a nice idea to have flies on the letter.
Jacqueline
Joel
Joel added it
Feb 06, 2016
Isabella García
Isabella García is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2016
Chelsey Tink
Chelsey Tink marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Mary-jane Lewis
Mary-jane Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Jellybean
Jellybean rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Emily Black
Emily Black marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
School Nerd
School Nerd marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Jacqueline Moskus
Jacqueline Moskus rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Goyangi Means Cat
  • It's Justin Time, Amber Brown
  • Richard Wright and the Library Card
  • Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)
  • Lucy Rose: Here's the Thing About Me
  • Nate the Great and the Monster Mess
  • The Talent Show from the Black Lagoon
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • The Hawk Bandits of Tarkoom (The Secrets of Droon, #11)
  • Tea with Milk
  • The Mountains of the Moon (The Unicorn's Secret, #4)
  • Tia the Tulip Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Petal Fairies, #1)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • There's a Frog in My Throat!: 440 Animal Sayings a Little Bird Told Me
  • Origami In Action: Paper Toys That Fly, Flag, Gobble and Inflate!
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble (Henry and Mudge, #2)
Suzy Kline, nee Weaver, was an elementary school teacher for 25 years and most of her books are based on the experiences she had while teaching. Suzy and Rufus got married and had two daughters named Jennifer and Emily. Now, more than 24 years after writing her first book, Suzy has traveled all over the United States helping children learn how to enjoy reading and writing.
More about Suzy Kline...

Horrible Harry (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #1)
  • Horrible Harry and the Ant Invasion
  • Horrible Harry and the Christmas Surprise
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding