Start by marking “Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes” as Want to Read:
Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes

Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes (Horrible Harry #16)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When Song Lee-the nicest person in Room 2B-starts getting nasty notes, everyone is shocked. Then Song Lee comes up with a creative way to teach the note sender a lesson he or she won't soon forget.
Published (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song Lee And The "I Hate You" Notes

Emily
It was a good length and level for the girls to follow and enjoy. We will probably read more in this series.

My only big problem with it was the moral of the story: "do bad stuff and people might do bad stuff back to you". True enough and the two girls became friends in the end which is good - but I would have preferred a "be kind to those who do mean things" kind of message. Instead the book seemed to approve of Song Lee's reciprocal mean note.
Kaycee Greenwood
This book was fun to read and told a great message. Song Lee is being bullied by someone in her classroom and the teacher, Ms. Mackle. Instead of scolding one student, she turn this instance into a lesson the whole class could learn from. The book is told from a one of the fellow classmates which makes it fun to read. This would be a great story to read in a elementary classroom.
Mi Y.mun

This book inspires me to think about real bullying in classrooms. The author builds each chapter and connects and supports each others. Song Lee was bullied. Song Lee seemed weak and helpless when she had her head down on her desk after she received hate notes. However, despite the oppositions she faced the person who sent her hate notes. This book describes how a small note could damaged the student emotionally. The teacher cleverly offered resolution through reading a book. The environment the
Christy
Debra
Song Lee is a smart and sweet Asian girl in Miss Markle's second grade class. I believe this series is a spin off of Suzy Kline's Horrible Harry series. Song Lee is in the Horrible Harry books. In this book, a tired and cranky classmate is writing anonymous "I Hate you" notes to Song Lee. Song Lee strikes back by sending a note to the classmate with dead flies glued to it. The classmate confesses in a fit of disgust. They all make up. I especially enjoy the Song Lee books even more than Horrible ...more
Kristen Gurri
Currently reading this one with Kate and we are really enjoying Kline's Song Lee series. They fit in well with the Horrible Harry franchise.

Kate likes the mystery part. She wants to know who is sending the notes.
Twyla
Ruth
Interesting way of broaching a serious subject. I felt that no real lesson was learned. What I got out of it was revenge.
Rachel Dalat
Is a very exciting book, and is a nice idea to have flies on the letter.
Jacqueline
Jun 26, 2007 Brayan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ghhh
setghg
Thanh Nguyen
Thanh Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Joe
Joe added it
Jun 07, 2015
Emma Lesko
Emma Lesko marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Chloe
Chloe added it
Jul 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Suzy Kline, nee Weaver, was an elementary school teacher for 25 years and most of her books are based on the experiences she had while teaching. Suzy and Rufus got married and had two daughters named Jennifer and Emily. Now, more than 24 years after writing her first book, Suzy has traveled all over the United States helping children learn how to enjoy reading and writing.
More about Suzy Kline...

Horrible Harry (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Ant Invasion
  • Horrible Harry and the Dungeon
  • Horrible Harry and the Purple People
  • Song Lee and the Leech Man
  • Horrible Harry and the Drop of Doom
Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #2) Horrible Harry and the Dungeon Horrible Harry and the Green Slime Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding Horrible Harry's Secret