Start by marking “The Marriage List (New York Nights, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Marriage List (New York Nights, #1)

Read Excerpt

The Marriage List (New York Nights #1)

Can happily ever after start with a list? Grey Andrews thinks so. After ten years of working, saving and investing, Grey finally achieved a level of wealth that allows him to do what he wants with his life. He needs a woman to share it with, but not any woman, the perfect woman. A woman who has the three essential qualities on his marriage list. But after three years of se ...more
Published November 15th 2011 (first published November 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marriage List

Liz at Fictional Candy
Jun 16, 2012 Liz at Fictional Candy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Disheartened by the complaints of his friends concerning their marriages, Grey sets out to find the perfect wife. Ever since he was young he has wanted to be married and have a family, and has worked his entire adult life toward that goal. He has lived and dated frugally in order to save the money for marriage. I found this a bit atypical of most men, but the author made it believable and made it work for Grey. I had no doubts this is what he wanted and that he was sincere about it.

Then we meet
Miki
Mar 11, 2012 Miki rated it really liked it
I loved it! That’s the first contemporary romance that enjoyed reading from start to end without a doubt. I spent a great time and I’m still smiling while thinking about it.
Grey is a man who knows what he wants. Quite obsessive even sometimes but he wants something durable and I admire that. He had a life and now he is ready for more. With that objective, he doesn’t want to joke about, so he seriously put what he wants on a list and keep true to it. It‘s not so easy to do and I find that admira
Arlena
Author: by Jean Joachim
Published by: J.J.
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 4
Review:

"The Marriage List (New York Night) by Jean Joachim was a very beautiful romance novel. The novel was of two independent people...Grey and Carrie..both having career goals ahead of family and marriage. With Carrie being a aspiring author...lmeets with a publishing company to have her reviewed and it was how she meets Grey. Would there be a instant attraction between these tw
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 13, 2012 Sofia Lazaridou rated it really liked it
Grey wants 3 things in the woman he will marry.To be smart and talk to him,to much his sexual appetite(the book is not for adults only) and to make a confotable house.He has been saving money for 10 years and decides it's time to settle down.
After 3 years searching he finds her.Her name is Carrie and she is everything he wants in a woman.

Finally a book were the main characters have a normal human relationship.They have problems and dilemmas and their relationship is exactly like a normal relatio
Kristy
I loved this book. It was so sweet. About a couple that was made for each other. They met and fell in love and the rest of the story was about them getting to know each other. Usually I find stories like that a little boring, but with this one I was dreading anything wrong happening, I loved their companionship. I also LOVED the Thanksgiving scene!! Grey really surprised me.

Sherri Hayes
Mar 24, 2012 Sherri Hayes rated it really liked it
This is a cute story. I enjoyed Grey and Carrie. Things moved fairly quickly, but I didn't feel it was overly rushed. There were a few editorial issues with this story, but it didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the story. I will most likely be picking up another one of this author's books in the future.
The Project
Feb 23, 2012 The Project rated it liked it
Tamara
Feb 08, 2015 Tamara rated it it was amazing
I don't dare say this was was a "cute" books because I know this author and she will kill me. So. I will instead say, the Marriage list was a light enjoyable read. The characters were likable, the supporting characters, especially Grey's sister Jenna were wonderful. I loved the banter between Grey and Jenna.
I thought Carrie Tucker was a great female lead, smart, sassy, and a real go getter, but underneath a little insecure (just like us all) I could really relate to her.
The romance progressed at
Lindsey
May 04, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Nothing but a sweet romantic read! The Marriage List is a fast paced book with lovable characters. The plot isn't profound and the drama is basically nonexistent however I still enjoyed the story and wasn't put off by lack of up downs and all arounds. If your looking for a fun easy read that simply puts a smile on your face The Marriage List is a must read!
Karen
Apr 03, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
I got this recommendation from Sherri, so I had to check it out. Over all it's had a really nice flow to the story. I did see a few errors, but they didn't distract from the over all story. I will most likly check out other stories written by this author.
Laurie
May 14, 2012 Laurie rated it really liked it
Great story. Refreshingly, Cara is a successful, intelligent, and independent woman. She wants Grey rather than needs him. No drama in their pasts and simply a beautiful love story with a bit of steam.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This was an alright quick read. A bit contrived but intriguing enough to have me going on to book 2.

If you are looking for a quick sexy read with no deep drama, and things are tied up in a pretty bow for you at the end, then this is a book I would recommend.

Tracie Redmond
Mar 11, 2013 Tracie Redmond rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story cute quick read highly suggest reading it
Jill Fox
Apr 08, 2012 Jill Fox rated it it was amazing
This was a good quick read.

I really enjoyed how the relationship developed and about the list it's self.
Saundra
Jun 01, 2012 Saundra rated it did not like it
Poor structure and punctuation, not very interesting. Bleh.
Deirdre
May 29, 2012 Deirdre rated it did not like it
He eats food out of her mouth on their first date, on purpose. FLOUNCE
Jackie
Aug 01, 2012 Jackie rated it it was amazing
The cutest story ever! I don't think I'd ever really make an actual list for a guy I'd like to marry, cause I'm still young, but this was definitely a great book!

Grey and Carrie :]
Michelle Ascheri
Aug 22, 2012 Michelle Ascheri rated it really liked it
It was a good romance and quick read.
Bdtucker
Jul 20, 2012 Bdtucker rated it liked it
Good read.
Cristina
Jul 30, 2012 Cristina rated it it was amazing
love it...
Elaine Swinney
Feb 15, 2017 Elaine Swinney rated it it was amazing
I received this book through the R3Reviews site. I chose to review this book.
A man with a list, that right there tells you there will be trouble. I enjoyed this book. It is a well written story and worth your times and effort. I encourage you to get this one it was an easy read. You can have it done in one afternoon. Just enough heat in the story to be interesting. I look forward to the next book. I have read several books by Jean C. Joachim and I plan to keep reading her books.
Wendy Mckillip
Nov 25, 2012 Wendy Mckillip rated it really liked it
Another wonderful book from Jean. This book is about two very independent people who have careers and goals ahead of marriage and family. Gray is a successful bachelor who had a "list" of what he wants his partner to consist of. This list has ruined relationships because there has never been that one person that meets every "want" that he set up for himself. He thinks that this list is the way to have a happy marriage.
Then there is Carrie... She has worked extremely hard at her job trying to exc
Amy
Oct 29, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Cute..I loved how they didn't fight...They did but got over it. It did not go on with a break up for months. Good easy read.
Alaina
Jul 03, 2012 Alaina rated it it was ok
For some reason I never connected with these characters and I did not enjoy the writing style I'm sad to say.
Gina
Oct 20, 2012 Gina rated it did not like it
BLAH!
Nora Mcauliffe
Nora Mcauliffe rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2013
Amy Colon
Amy Colon rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Gale
Gale rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2013
Umapranam
Umapranam rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2016
  • Marry Me
  • His Indecent Desires (Bound and Shacked to the Billionaire Erotic Romance)
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • Holiday Affair (Affair, #1)
  • Weekend Agreement
  • Hunger For Justice (The Moore Justice Trilogy, #1)
  • Virgin Dancer
  • The Gripping Beast  (Sirens, #1)
  • Infamous Desire (Maid for the Billionaire Prince #3)
  • Avenge (Patronus, #2)
  • Kidnapped by the Greek Billionaire
  • Twisted Arrangement 4 (Twisted, #4)
  • For Services Rendered
  • Visiting Paradise
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Shackled
  • Contract for Marriage
I've been making up stories for as long as I can remember. When other kids wanted to be doctors, teachers or firemen, I wanted to be a writer.
As soon as I could read, I began devouring books. I'd read anything I could get my hands on, but Louisa May Alcott's Little Women and Nancy Drew mysteries were early favorites.
In school, term papers were my favorite homework. While others bemoaned the amou
More about Jean C. Joachim...

New York Nights (4 books)
  • The Love List (New York Nights, #2)
  • The Dating List (New York Nights, #3)
  • Champagne for Christmas