Start by marking “My Enchanted Life” as Want to Read:
My Enchanted Life

My Enchanted Life

Published December 5th 2011 by createspace (first published November 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Enchanted Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Enchanted Life

Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Feb 26, 2012 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades Four (4) and up
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: Read to Review Group
On the hunt for a book that my daughter and I could consume in one day we ran across My Enchanted Life. Yeah! I had been chosen to review the book as part of Read to Review. I was so excited. Thank you Laura Eno and R2R for providing me a copy! So I down loaded and Macy and I immediately jumped in. Laura Eno did something no other author has managed to do in long while. As I read alongside my daughter this enchanting tale of young Emma, I was reminded of my own childhood and fairy tale adventure ...more
Diana Stormblessed
Emma is just a regular girl until she gets a mysterious letter telling her that her uncle from England has passed away and she inherited his house. When she goes to check out the house on what she thinks will be a fun vacation to England, she discovers that the town isn't a normal town, and that she isn't who she thinks she is.

The book had potential. It was a light and easy read with a cute story. Unfortunately, there wasn't much depth to it. There was very little world building or character bui
Roxanne Kade
Feb 27, 2012 Roxanne Kade rated it really liked it
This was such a fantastic, enjoyable read that I just could not put down. The story has a fresh, unique appeal and it whisked me away to a lovely fairytale world of love, acceptance and friendship.

There is such a wonderful array of magical creatures in this story. From Faeries to Gnomes, and even a lingering Spirit. My favorite has to be Cussard. He is an awesome, loveable dragon...I want one!!

The only thing I found missing in the story was tension and depth. So much happened to Emma, and she ju
Mcgoo4
Feb 14, 2012 Mcgoo4 rated it really liked it
At first, I was skeptical of the book. From the synopsis, I wasn't sure I would like it. However, was I in for a surprise. The book is terrific & leaves you wanting more!

On her 18th birthday, Emma Winslow (our protagonist) is told she has inherited a house in England from an uncle she never hear of. Well, imagine her surprise! Once the shock wears off, she decides to journey to England, to the town of Wode Gate. Thinking it just a way to spend a month off before college, she packs her bags a
Marina
Feb 25, 2012 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book. A teenage girl inherits a house in England and she discovers whole new world. On her 18th birthday she receives a gift: a house. She grabs the chance for new adventure. From a very normal teenage life, she enters in a world of fairies, ghosts, goblins, demons. What a turn-over! Emma finds out about her family more than she could ever imagine.

I loved Emma's character. She knows what she likes and she fights for it no matter what. Growing up with her uncle and aunt after the d
Samantha
Feb 08, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I received this book through read 2 review
I enjoyed reading this book:) it was a nice read that wasn't too dramatic, but kept you interested and guessing what would happen next. The characters were all great, and the world that was created was great. I liked how it worked in the end.
It was a good book, for a light, fun read.
Lauren
Feb 07, 2012 Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those looking for a very fluffy, light read
My Enchanted Life is a very fluffy, fast read. It probably took me a few hours to finish it and there’s definitely no deep thinking required. In the book Emma finds herself inheriting a home in England and moving there right out of high school. The house is in a mysterious, magical town that only other magical people can see without help. Her role is to act as Sentinel, a type of guardian watching over Wode Gates. These gates open between worlds, ours, Chaos, the Underworld, etc. Demons would lo ...more
Kenecia
Feb 07, 2012 Kenecia rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kenecia by: R2R
My Enchanted Life is, in a nutshell, what I would expect most YA paranormal books to be like. The perfect mix of fantasy, relationships, and coming into one's true self. A very light, simple book that I wouldn't personally choose but can't say I'm not glad I read it. A nice change of pace.

Emma is a young girl who finds out on her eighteenth birthday that she has inherited a home in England from her father, who passed away along with her mother when she was very young. Upon reaching that home, Em
Vanya D.
I received this book to review from a Goodreads group as part of the R2R event. It was a really nice, fast, light read. After the serious mysteries I'd been plunging into the past couple of weeks, "My Enchanted Life" proved to be the distraction my brains needed.
It was intriguing though I can't say it swept me off my feet. I enjoyed it though, so it earned its 3 stars with no question.
There were problems with it however. For example, there was so much telling rather than showing, that I caught m
PepperP0t
I received this book courtesy of Read2Review in exchange for an honest review. This book is perfect for a pre-teen getting into the wonderful world of books, but can be enjoyed by anyone who enjoys flights of fancy.

This novella is a rarity, it is exactly what the blurb purports it to be - so there is no need to rehash the synopsis. What the blurb doesn't tell you is that this novella is a delightful, funny, quick and fluffy read. There isn't a deep multilayered saga here - there is the 18year o
Maghon Thomas
as always, thanks R2R and Ms. Eno for a copy of this book for a review... If this isn't just the cutest, but awesome book I've read in a while :)

Emma is a small town girl who is raised by her (very lovable) aunt and uncle, when both of her parents die. She actually doesn't remember almost anything of either of her parents, so to her, they aunt & uncle are her parents. One day, a package arrives and she is then in turn literally thrown into a world she doesn't know or understand in England.

S
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
I really appreciate Laura Eno allowing me to read and review her book. While I did receive this for free, that fact in no way influenced my review. My thoughts are my own. I found this book was just at 4♥'s.

This is a very quick, enchanting read. If you don't mind YA, then this is an ideal book if you are looking for something simple; a fast read to clear out the cobwebs left behind by bad books. It really is just so whimsical and sweet... you'll reach the end before you realize.

I really enjoy th
Emma
Feb 25, 2012 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great book! It roped me in from the very beginning and I didn't put it down till I devoured every last bit of it.
What made this book so great? The world Ms. Eno created, it was so easy to picture. I especially loved the description of Cussard, I could see all the colors in his scales and eyes and the smoke rings that he'd puff around her. Just fantastic!
Emma was a good character, still a teen and coming to terms with the responsibility of being a Sentinel. She had lots of inne
Nikki  Peterson
Dec 25, 2011 Nikki Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA-Paranormal
Recommended to Nikki by: R2R via Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics
Our Heroine Emma is turning 18 and unbeknownst to her she is also coming into her birthright on her father's side. On the day of her Birthday a stranger knocks at her door, verifies she is who she is supposed to be, hands her an envelope and leaves. Upon opening the envelope she comes to find that she has inherited a house, in England, from her Uncle on her father's side. She decides to take a month vacation in England before college starts and recieves her ticket, money and directions to get to ...more
Emma
Feb 24, 2012 Emma rated it liked it
I think this was a cute story. It wasn't really my thing, it felt simple and I felt no real connection with the main characters. I think this story needs to be edited just a little bit more, some things just felt kinda empty while the story in general was very good and original! I guess that if I don't feel any sympathy for our main romance-boy, that a book kinda missed something.
All in all, worth my time. It was a nice story, the characters a bit flat but nice as well. I would suggest this for
Shirley Frances
I really enjoyed this book. Emma was a great character to get to know. I found her exuberance and surprise in finding about her heritage and Wode Gate very entertaining. The author took great care in developing Emma as well as the secondary characters in a very interesting magical world. She did this very well, with great pacing and excellent writing. Not once did feel overwhelmed or bored with details. It was like I was taking the adventure right along with Emma.

Thanks again to the folks at Re
Delaney  Burton
Feb 25, 2012 Delaney Burton rated it really liked it
I got this book as a read to review. I found it very enjoyable. Great for a younger teen. I even plan to reread it with my daughter. It was a fast light read. Very enjoyable as you watch the unfolding events of a girl named Emma as she inherits a new home and life she never knew about. Thanks for letting me read this.
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
This was another fun book I got through Read2Review from Goodreads and I would like to thank them and the author Laura Eno for this very mystical and very whimsical type of book!!!

I have to say, I don't usually read books with magical creatures in them, except for the usual vampire or werewolf here or there, but this book was just simply fun!! I liked the story, plot, main character and all the fun and loving and very interesting creatures!!! It was something different and something fresh....an
Sangita
Feb 13, 2012 Sangita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magic, fantasy
OK, first of all i would like to give a big thanks to Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics group that i have joined on Goodreads because they are the one who gave me a chance to read this book.

So, the story is about a girl, Emma Winslow, and she gets a letter saying she has got a house from her uncle who is dead. But it seems Emma isn't who she thinks she is and the village isn't what you see it as. Now, the next thing is interesting. Emma is a Sentinel. They are very special creatur
Penumbra
I was given this book to read through the Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics, ‘Read to Review’. Thanks for giving me a chance to read this book, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

(view spoiler)
Isra Starr
Feb 21, 2012 Isra Starr rated it really liked it
Originally posted at A Life Pixelated

I didn’t have many expectations for this book since I knew little to nothing about it, excluding the fact that I had requested it. When I realised that I had to read it for an upcoming review date, I just dug in without even rereading the synopsis. Sometimes it’s better to jump into a book blindly, without knowing what goes on in the book at all and just experiencing it firsthand. My Enchanted Life was definitely one of those books.

In My Enchanted Life, Emma
Rebekah
Feb 25, 2012 Rebekah rated it really liked it
An American teen finds herself thrust into a world she never knew existed in England's magical community of Wode Gate. While dealing with gnomes, a cranky dragon, murder and mayhem, Emma tries to cope with her unwanted duties as Sentinel and fights to get back home again. She finds that things aren't always what they seem, people aren't who they pretend to be, and someone wants her dead. The king of the underworld wants her too, but he may be the least of her problems as Emma struggles to contr ...more
Lola
Feb 07, 2012 Lola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on http://k-booksxo.blogspot.com/

This is a fun and quick read. It is a short book and a light read, no very heavy topics or anything like that. I really enjoyed reading it. The book is about Emma who inherits a house in England and finds out about a fantasy world there.

I really liked the fantasy world and all the different supernatural creatures we meet in this story. I think it is refreshing after reading so many books that only focus on one supernatural creatu
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Feb 09, 2012 Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adult, paranormal readers
Recommended to Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* by: PR&UFF R2R
My Enchanted Life is written by author Laura Eno. I received this book as part of a R2R with Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics! As always, I want to thank the amazing moderators of this group as well as the generosity of the author for allowing me to participate.

This book was a fun and quick read. It comes in at about 180 or so pages. I read it all in one sitting. After Emma turns eighteen, she is bequeathed a house in England by a late Uncle she was unaware she had. Upon her arriv
Sapphyria
Feb 24, 2012 Sapphyria rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
On Emma's 18th birthday she receives a letter stating she had just inherited her late uncle's home in England. Excited and nervous, she travels to this exotic location she deems a short vacation, to see what her new property. While there she realizes that this isn't just any ole' place and that her vacation may become permanent. Her family history had been hidden from Emma her entire life and the entire lineage comes crashing down around her in the form of elves, demons, dragons, and the discove ...more
Helen
Feb 21, 2012 Helen rated it it was amazing
My Enchanted Life by Laura Eno is a YA Fantasy. For Emma, the main character, it is a rite of passage. At 18 and barely out of high school, she receives a letter from a British solicitor notifying her that she has inherited a house in England. Since the notification also includes money to come see the house, she sets off on what she thinks will be a vacation before college.

It is anything but.

A taxi ride from the airport to the middle of nowhere is just the beginning of her enchanted life.

Laura E
Dale Ibitz
Feb 27, 2012 Dale Ibitz rated it liked it
18-year-old Emma Winslow is settling down for a rocking summer vacation in Georgia before trucking off to college. Except she never makes it. Instead, she finds that she's inherited a house in England, and once she arrives to check it out, it seems she may not ever leave.

This was a totally fun story filled with enchanted worlds and creatures and characters. There's a little bit of evil, a little bit of romance, and a little bit of betrayal. In short, a little bit of everything.

The characters are
April
Feb 06, 2012 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
I received this book for a read to review on Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics group.

On her 18th birthday, Emma inherits a home in England from her paternal uncle. She never met her paternal uncle. She was orphaned as a baby and raised by her maternal aunt and uncle. After receiving money, a passport, and a plane ticket to visit her new home, Emma travels to England. Once there she discovers her true heritage. She is a Sentinel, guardian of the gate, who protects the mundane world
Laurie: Almost Faemous
Feb 08, 2012 Laurie: Almost Faemous rated it it was amazing
Originally posted http://ufreview.com/2012/02/09/my-enc...

Review:

This was another book I got from Read2Review on Goodreads, so thanks to the author and the program for giving me the opportunity to review My Enchanted Life. Emma is an 18yr old fresh out of high school when she finds that she has inherited a house in the English countryside from a long lost uncle. The house came with some cash and a plane ticket to go to England to see her property. Emma arrives at her house in England to discover
Jessie Harrell
Jan 03, 2012 Jessie Harrell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Enchanted Life is a light-hearted and fun read for anyone who enjoys paranormal romance - particularly YA.
Laura Eno's writing style drew me in immediately. Despite being Indie published, her editing was flawless and I was very impressed by the overall quality of the novel.
In this book, the main character, Emma, finds out on her 18th birthday that she has inherited a house in England and a powerful heritage. When she arrives at her new estate, she's greeted by every manner of enchanted creatur
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Walking Wolf Road (The Wolf Road Chronicles, #1)
  • Eden-West (Eden, #2)
  • Neophyte
  • Howl (Kane Wolves, #1)
  • Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity, #2)
  • My Name is Luka (More Than Friends, #7)
  • Spell Bound
  • Broken
  • A Strange Fire (Florence Vaine, #1)
  • A Lady of the Realm (House of DeDe, #1)
  • Smoky Glimpses
  • Roaming Canisters
  • The Waiting Booth (Whispering Woods, #1)
  • Hunters
  • Undermountain (The Undermountain Saga, #1)
  • Finn (Endangered Fae #1)
  • Slow Burn
  • Sweet Blood of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #1)
Laura Eno lives in Florida with three skulking cats and two absurdly happy dogs. After spending years immersed in college but never figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up, she now writes novels late at night with the help of muses from the underworld. And, no, she still hasn't grown up but that's okay. Please visit her strange imagination at Laura Eno and follow her on Twitter at laur ...more
More about Laura Eno...